QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Have I said before he reminds me of Dawkins? Got all the quality you’d want but because of his career and lack of game time he lacks the experience, instinct or just a willingness to gamble.

Its a lack of games for your age essentially 

Maybe. But he lacked effort - that doesn’t depend on experience.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Have I said before he reminds me of Dawkins? Got all the quality you’d want but because of his career and lack of game time he lacks the experience, instinct or just a willingness to gamble.

Dawkins was both effective and involved, neither of which apply to Ravel Morrison.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think hes being honest and bang on 

Albeit against a v good side with much more firepower than us, we didnt move it well consolistently, way to much bitting and bobbing and cheap turnover of the ball.

hes bang on as hard as it is to take 

I agree & would rather have the truth than some old twaddle about being unlucky or we should have won (when we shouldn't have).

QPR are a good team with an awesome front line, I do think there defence had some mistakes in them though.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I always rated Dawkins.  Very hard to get the ball off and used to hold possession to bring others into play.  I'm not seeing any attributes to Morrison at all to be honest other than we can't lose money on a transfer fee this time. 

Just now, rammieib said:

If the officials were poor tonight, I’m genuinely don’t know what you expect from officials.

If anything 50-50 calls went our way. I’ve not seen the goal and understand there may be an offside there but that is the lino fault but no-one anywhere in the ground was calling for it.

Ebosele foul. Not for me in real time. Turn that the other way, if a ref gives that against us we’d be going mad.

Didn’t think it was a hard game to ref but to say they were poor against some of the other officials we’ve had this season, no way.

The linos got offside calls wrong for both sides and, amongst other things, the ref didn't penalise QPR all night for their persistent blocking off, shoving, arm pulls etc.... Austin's shove on Jagielka for the header he missed in the first half, Dunne grabbing the front of Bird's shirt before claiming a penalty when Bird grabbed his shirt back.... they missed a load of stuff.

I expect them to be better. Officials in the last two games were. 

So whose going to say it? 4-5-1 with no striker - I don’t think this is the way forward.

Thompson is good but what’s he actually giving us? He’s made Shinnie worse but neat and tidy skill is one thing but it’s not being done anywhere near where we can hurt the opposition.

We are too obsessed with trying to play tikka takka football in the middle of the pitch. So much effort is going into playing six yard passes.

I don’t like the current set up. The three of them are constantly just lined up across the middle of the pitch. We must be so easy to play against.

We need a striker and we need more attacking options, more commitment to get forward and break the lines. We’re not good enough to go one up and defend the whole game sadly.

I do think we reached a stage where we stop using Morrison as a starter because when I look at it he can’t last longer than 60 mins even when he is involved whilst he isn’t actually contributing anything for a very long time. I tend to think that we would gain more by playing one of the youngsters in that position especially sibley 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought QPR looked a decent side.

I think that’s the benefit of having a good coach with experience and savvy at this level.

QPR do have some good individuals but I think what we saw tonight shows what difference a good Championship manager can make.

Warburton has been at QPR for almost three years and tonight it showed.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I'm not sure all the subs were necessary. CKR and Joz did nothing. Ebosele added energy and should have earned us a free kick as well as our only corner if the ref had gone to specsavers. But slim pickings really second half.

Thought subs were necessary! But no service to either. Nothing down the left for joz really. Ebosele was good. 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

The linos got offside calls wrong for both sides and, amongst other things, the ref didn't penalise QPR all night for their persistent blocking off, shoving, arm pulls etc.... Austin's shove on Jagielka for the header he missed in the first half, Dunne grabbing the front of Bird's shirt before claiming a penalty when Bird grabbed his shirt back.... they missed a load of stuff.

I expect them to be better. Officials in the last two games were. 

Having just seen the QPR winner, that’s not offside for me. Not sure which Derby one you refer to.

Two players grabbing each other’s shirts and then no penalty being given is the right decision!!

Just now, Jourdan said:

I think that’s the benefit of having a good coach with experience and savvy at this level.

QPR do have some good individuals but I think what we saw tonight shows what difference a good Championship manager can make.

Warburton has been at QPR for almost three years and tonight it showed.

I think it shows what having some good strikers does for you - pick one for us!

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Having just seen the QPR winner, that’s not offside for me. Not sure which Derby one you refer to.

Two players grabbing each other’s shirts and then no penalty being given is the right decision!!

It should have been a foul to Derby as soon as Dunne started pulling Birds shirt - they nearly scored from the loose ball. 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They were good, but we weren’t much worse. If we’d been on our game we’d have beaten them. Think Morrison wasn’t up to it and was like playing with 10 men (hate saying that).

Personally thought there was a bigger difference than that. Think QPR are close to how Rooney ultimately wants us to play - one touch, dominate possession & very mobile front men - they're just much better at it than us (better players in the final 3rd obviously help that)

Totally agree re Morrison & I'm very disappointed. He was a final third impact player earlier in his career but looked totally lost there tonight.