QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Pretty philosophical about that - usually I'd be gutted at losing late on having led but thought they were excellent. Best team we've played this season in my opinion.

We started really brightly with a couple of early chances before Lawrence's superb opener - lots of intent & purpose. Thereafter QPR started to boss the game - their quick, one touch passing was difficult to close down & they had real movement out wide & up top. They were however struggling to get a decent sight on goal, mainly due to how well we were screening them but still felt we were a smidge fortunate to go in ahead.

Their equaliser although not unexpected, was totally preventable. Yes, they broke on us but the reality was they had 2 men versus our 5 - one of whom was crossing the ball. Shinnie was totally at fault here - was covering left back then inexplicably drifted away from Willock whilst ball watching. Cracking finish from their lad but just brainless from us.

Whilst we huffed & puffed after, we didn't seriously look like threatening them again. Lawrence's service was cut off & of the subs, only Ebosele made any impact. Totally see why Rooney wanted to push full backs on to try & overload them but we still lacked any serious presence in the box. Quality was a real issue all night too - a lot of misplaced passes & sloppy touches.

They definitely had the better chances that last 30 mins & the corner count (1 v 11) also showed we were second best. Couldn't legislate for their winner when it came - Chair should have scored anyway but an unbelievable strike from Gray with his back to goal.

Chin up everyone, we go again. COYR

1 minute ago, Donegal Ram said:

You can defend all of the points why we are in this mess but in order to get out of it you need to defend properly. That was clearly not the case tonight.

It seems that we were going for a point tonight from early doors. When roos dropped to the ground after claiming the ball late on I nearly lost my life. 

Qpr are not a great team and will be found out but when you stand off players they will eventually hurt you. We have to finish with top six form to get out of this mess so teams like these should not be feared. 

Negative football with a couple of ok performances is not going to work. 

QPR are 3rd in the league and playing some quality football, why will they be found out? 

Negative football? We're a bottom half side with a lack of squad depth, we  can't go out guns blazing every game. We gave plenty going forward in the first half and in a different game could have scored a couple and put it to bed. 

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Well I must say I think QPR deserved it. Different class to us going forward with movement and quality of player.... Andre Gray as sub, come on, that's taking the peace, what an option to have, he is a great player.

We played well for the first 20 minutes then we had patches of being good with no end product, how many times did our midfielders try worldie passes in the final 3rd and play it either to a QPR player or just to nobody. Shinnie & Lawrence went from bossing it, to either doing nothing, not marking up or passing it to QPR. Thompson looked good in the first half but like the rest of the team started to look for that pass backwards in the second half, he was still a terrier though and was a nuisance to them. Morrison did nothing all game, Jozwiak looked lightweight and made no difference but what about Ebosele, what a prospect we have, looks like he can do something every time he gets the ball.

U can add ckr to jos .. added nothing disapointing and worryingly 

tbh if it wasn't an excuse to get out of the house and go to the pub I don't think I'd bother again this season, someone else can have my season ticket for the remaining games.

Maybe a bit dramatic but that's how tonight's result has left me feeling.

Of course that won't last, hopefully, so no ticket vultures need apply 

Just want to get home and get to bed as soon as possible 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Pretty philosophical about that - usually I'd be gutted at losing late on having led but thought they were excellent. Best team we've played this season in my opinion.

They were good, but we weren’t much worse. If we’d been on our game we’d have beaten them. Think Morrison wasn’t up to it and was like playing with 10 men (hate saying that).

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We lack quality all over. We have average to poor attacking fullbacks, no creativity in midfield, no quality wide players and no talisman upfront. We could have Lewandowski as our striker and we’d still be among the lowest scorers in the league.

We were miles off QPR in terms of movement, passing quality and breaking lines during that second half.

All what you say is done on the training ground. For some reason I can’t make my mind up with Rooney at all. One minute I feel he gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s been loyal to us through this period. His record is meh to say the least and then I question if someone could do better with this squad like a warburton or someone who could get better results as our first 11 to 13 are better than results in his year in charge. 

then I look and think there’s glimpses of what he’s trying to do and there’s glimpses of good movement etc. It’s a funny one but I just question if I would trust him learning in a promotion push from league one where it would benefit us to get our ASAP due to money differences. At the moment I think he’s doing an okay job. 

what’s everyone else’s thoughts on it? 

Played a decent and in-form side tonight. In the second half we couldn't hang onto the ball for more than three or four passes. When they were in possession they moved the ball around and nearly always worked it into a chance. Thought we'd weathered the storm once we'd got to 90 minutes, cue that wonder goal. And Austin - what a complete timmy-tanker.

That said, away from home QPR have been average and even Peterborough managed to beat them.

Edited by Sheff Ram

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Well I must say I think QPR deserved it. Different class to us going forward with movement and quality of player.... Andre Gray as sub, come on, that's taking the peace, what an option to have, he is a great player.

We played well for the first 20 minutes then we had patches of being good with no end product, how many times did our midfielders try worldie passes in the final 3rd and play it either to a QPR player or just to nobody. Shinnie & Lawrence went from bossing it, to either doing nothing, not marking up or passing it to QPR. Thompson looked good in the first half but like the rest of the team started to look for that pass backwards in the second half, he was still a terrier though and was a nuisance to them. Morrison did nothing all game, Jozwiak looked lightweight and made no difference but what about Ebosele, what a prospect we have, looks like he can do something every time he gets the ball.

I'm not sure all the subs were necessary. CKR and Joz did nothing. Ebosele added energy and should have earned us a free kick as well as our only corner if the ref had gone to specsavers. But slim pickings really second half.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think a healthy dose of realism is needed for some ? QPR is a top side with some great strikers, any result would have been brilliant but unexpected. Always surprises me how quick people are to flip on Rooney and just forget about the embargo, lack of players and depth, and sheer difficult of scenario Rooney has had to put up with. 

You make valid points and some are massively overreacting. But this does feel like a night where Rooney got it wrong initially and didnt react fast enough to how the game was unfolding. It frustrates because it feels like a game we could have won despite their form and all our troubles.

6 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

You can defend all of the points why we are in this mess but in order to get out of it you need to defend properly. That was clearly not the case tonight.

It seems that we were going for a point tonight from early doors. When roos dropped to the ground after claiming the ball late on I nearly lost my life. 

Qpr are not a great team and will be found out but when you stand off players they will eventually hurt you. We have to finish with top six form to get out of this mess so teams like these should not be feared. 

Negative football with a couple of ok performances is not going to work. 

I thought QPR looked a decent side.

Just now, brady1993 said:

You make valid points and some are massively overreacting. But this does feel like a night where Rooney got it wrong initially and didnt react fast enough to how the game was unfolding. It frustrates because it feels like a game we could have won despite their form and all our troubles.

Which I don't mind, I'm more reacting to the ''Pathetic tactics and team selection. Rooney starting to believe his own hype.'' type comments, rather than saying Rooney got it slightly wrong. I would have made substitutions earlier in the second half, but ultimately conclude we were beaten by a better team. 

That’s  what happens when you have lots centre forwards to choose from in comparison we do not have any centre forwards to choose from because we haven’t been allowed to have any - Baldock isn’t a goal scorer and is always injured whilst CKR is a converted old winger who has given us more than we could have expected. Unfortunately the EFL won’t allow us to play any of the young forwards to help out, there is nothing  about fairness in existence in our circumstance.

Just now, brady1993 said:

How do you think we could have won that? We were holding on from the moment they equalised, a draw would have been a great result….we looked tired and leggy, one game too many…

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They were good, but we weren’t much worse. If we’d been on our game we’d have beaten them. Think Morrison wasn’t up to it and was like playing with 10 men (hate saying that).

Have I said before he reminds me of Dawkins? Got all the quality you’d want but because of his career and lack of game time he lacks the experience, instinct or just a willingness to gamble.

Its a lack of games for your age essentially 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

QPR are 3rd in the league and playing some quality football, why will they be found out? 

Negative football? We're a bottom half side with a lack of squad depth, we  can't go out guns blazing every game. We gave plenty going forward in the first half and in a different game could have scored a couple and put it to bed. 

Negative? Well CKR and Joz came on but did nothing. We could have got a point if we had kept possession and been a bit tighter. But i guess we need wins and that was never on once we let them back in after half time. 

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sky won't show it but I thought that pull/tackle that felled Ebosele was a certain foul and, if it had been given, it might also have been a red card. Not surprised it wasn't given, because the officials were pretty poor I thought. There was a hint of offside against Austin too for their equaliser. 

Finally, what a classless prat Austin is. 

If the officials were poor tonight, I’m genuinely don’t know what you expect from officials.

If anything 50-50 calls went our way. I’ve not seen the goal and understand there may be an offside there but that is the lino fault but no-one anywhere in the ground was calling for it.

Ebosele foul. Not for me in real time. Turn that the other way, if a ref gives that against us we’d be going mad.

Didn’t think it was a hard game to ref but to say they were poor against some of the other officials we’ve had this season, no way.