QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Well I think we probably deserved that. 

I think to an extent what happened was we were so content to go long and play without possesion in the first half we just knackered ourselves out. 

Tactically it feels like we got it all wrong today and we just didn't react fast enough in order to change the game. The play just broke down far too often for us especially on our left side which we persisted playing to. We sorely missed the ability to stretch the game in order to keep their back 3/5 a bit more honest.

Morrison was a passenger and needed to be brought off earlier. Don't know why Festy didn't start but his late cameo underlined that he should have been on from the start. 

On the bright side Thompson was excellent for the third game in a row. 

Good effort but completely ran out of steam, and the mistakes came. We have got pretty good at defending, working incredibly hard, and making it tough for the other team. But the minute we start pushing too many forward or taking a few chances... bad things tend to happen, and particularly when our midfield has run itself ragged. 

Can't blame Rooney or the players for gambling. And QPR are a very good team. 

Edited by vonwright

Well taken though all the goals were, the two QPR goals came from bad marking by Rams defence. Willocks for the first goal and Chair for the second should have been picked up. QPR better team, for sure. I mean take off Austin and bring on Gray? What options do we have up front?

Cracking goal from Lawrence and brilliant pass from Shinniesta but always felt we were on the back foot after that.  

Edited by PistoldPete

Sometimes you’ve got to hand it to the other side, they played some lovely stuff tonight.Whilst he didn’t make any howlers and put in a couple of nice crosses, Forsyth looked like he was absolutely knackered and was struggling to complete simple passes all the way through the 2nd half. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

All started from an awful ball down the line from Forsyth to Lawrence.

Can't argue with that finish though.

Didn't think we deserved anything.

Don’t be so ridiculous. QPR were the better team, and I can’t begrudge them the victory, but to say we didn’t deserve anything is totally unfair on a significant number of our team who gave their everything again tonight. We lack a couple of forwards. It must be so tough to compete against a 21 point deficit with no proven goalscorer in your team, but boy they do keep on fighting. Unlucky to be beaten in the last minute by a supreme bit of skill. Get over yourself.

Think we’ve beaten ourselves tonight. Basics let us down, Shinnie getting drawn to the ball for their first instead of staying with Willock. Forsyth & Byrne getting caught upfield for the 2nd. 

Take Willock, Austin & Grey out that side and they’re nothing special.

Caught fault the effort but bar Lawrence, there’s just not enough quality up top. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Don’t be so ridiculous. QPR were the better team, and I can’t begrudge them the victory, but to say we didn’t deserve anything is totally unfair on a significant number of our team who gave their everything again tonight. We lack a couple of forwards. It must be so tough to compete against a 21 point deficit with no proven goalscorer in your team, but boy they do keep on fighting. Unlucky to be beaten in the last minute by a supreme bit of skill. Get over yourself.

I'm also surprised by the number of people on here saying we deserved nothing, I felt we were good value for a point. Good first half, meh second half, they took their chances, we didn't take ours. Simple as that. 

Just now, TINMANTED said:

plenty of effort,but we never laid a glove on them after our goal.we have nothing up front,its the lack of a striker that will kill us

We lack quality all over. We have average to poor attacking fullbacks, no creativity in midfield, no quality wide players and no talisman upfront. We could have Lewandowski as our striker and we’d still be among the lowest scorers in the league.

We were miles off QPR in terms of movement, passing quality and breaking lines during that second half.

Oh man, didn't deserve to lose that game.

Brilliant first goal by Lawrence but we didn't capalitise on it and didn't go and get that second. Fluke goal by them and in any premier league game with VAR it has to be given offside. 

In hindsight, 4 point from Fulham, Bournemouth and QPR(4th?) is nothing that bad. We would have taken it rather than 0. Also in hindsight, had it been premier league the Forsyth assist would have been offside for sure last game ?

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Sometimes you’ve got to hand it to the other side, they played some lovely stuff tonight.Whilst he didn’t make any howlers and put in a couple of nice crosses, Forsyth looked like he was absolutely knackered and was struggling to complete simple passes all the way through the 2nd half. 

That’s true. QPR had some great movement. Overall, they deserved it. Derby didn’t do enough and the lack of strikers and firepower really showed in the second half. No shame losing to QPR but disappointing after going ahead.