QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

No less than QPR deserved. Dominated the whole of the 2nd half.

They’re a very, very good team with some extremely talented individuals.

Too many players having an off day for us tonight, which is understandable after the heroics against Bournemouth and Fulham.

Think Rooney could have been slightly more proactive with his substitutions as it was clear we were tiring around the hour mark.

No complaints from me, though. What we lacked in quality in the final third, we made up with our usual endeavour and work rate.

Can’t ask anymore of them than that.

Onwards and upwards to Bristol City on Saturday. ?

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Think we’ve beaten ourselves tonight. Basics let us down, Shinnie getting drawn to the ball for their first instead of staying with Willock. Forsyth & Byrne getting caught upfield for the 2nd. 

Take Willock, Austin & Grey out that side and they’re nothing special.

Caught fault the effort but bar Lawrence, there’s just not enough quality up top. 

You forgot Chair, mate. He's not bad either. 

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Thompson was outstanding - again!

Really good composure and balance on the ball, he never seems to panic under pressure, always takes his time and where possible takes the positive option. Really good in a tackle and I really like his eagerness to press the ball. I think he's had an excellent first 3 matches, very keen to see him build on it. 

4 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Sometimes you’ve got to hand it to the other side, they played some lovely stuff tonight.Whilst he didn’t make any howlers and put in a couple of nice crosses, Forsyth looked like he was absolutely knackered and was struggling to complete simple passes all the way through the 2nd half. 

and 1st half?

Gutted to lose that. 3 great finishes all in the same corner of the same net tonight.

Thought we did some things well but we lucked any cutting edge with Morrison not really contributing like we know he can. He plays better deeper, but the 3 there at the moment are combining well together.

QPR take off Charlie Austin and replace him with Andre Grey. We can only dream of having that sort of strength in depth right now.

We made attacking subs to go and win the match and it didn’t work out. We can’t afford to keep drawing matches anyway, so we need to keep going for it. We’ll lose some more this way, but hopefully we’ll take our chances more often than not and bag some points.

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Quick question, do you believe with this current squad depth, we have the ability to get a result from every game? We've just got two sensational results in a row, and as soon as we slip up against a good side, you're instantly on the managers back. 

Despair of some on here ?‍♂️

Such a poor 2nd half, did we even have a shot? Why not go for it more at 1-1, subs were too late as well.

1st goal we had 4 back vs 1 and still didnt mark him

2nd goal, poor pass from Forysth for the 2000th time tonight, Bird leaving his man free then Byrne giving Gray the freedom of Pride Park to control & shoot.

Forsyth was awful yet again, time to give Williams a chance whilst Buchanan is out. Ravel offered next to nothing. Bird had a stinker & struggled to find a man in a Derby shirt most of the night, 1st goal came from his poor pass. Tommo been decent in the first 2 games but thought tonight alot of his passes were backwards when he could have gone forwards.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Well I think we probably deserved that. 

I think to an extent what happened was we were so content to go long and play without possesion in the first half we just knackered ourselves out. 

Tactically it feels like we got it all wrong today and we just didn't react fast enough in order to change the game. The play just broke down far too often for us especially on our left side which we persisted playing to. We sorely missed the ability to stretch the game in order to keep their back 3/5 a bit more honest.

Morrison was a passenger and needed to be brought off earlier. Don't know why Festy didn't start but his late cameo underlined that he should have been on from the start. 

On the bright side Thompson was excellent for the third game in a row. 

Thompson, looking excellent like an even younger Jason Knight and with even more energy. Both will be good players and we should keep then as long as we can.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Despair of some on here ?‍♂️

I think a healthy dose of realism is needed for some ? QPR is a top side with some great strikers, any result would have been brilliant but unexpected. Always surprises me how quick people are to flip on Rooney and just forget about the embargo, lack of players and depth, and sheer difficult of scenario Rooney has had to put up with. 

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don’t be so ridiculous. QPR were the better team, and I can’t begrudge them the victory, but to say we didn’t deserve anything is totally unfair on a significant number of our team who gave their everything again tonight. We lack a couple of forwards. It must be so tough to compete against a 21 point deficit with no proven goalscorer in your team, but boy they do keep on fighting. Unlucky to be beaten in the last minute by a supreme bit of skill. Get over yourself.

What? So because a few lads played well they as aren't allowed to deserve to lose a game?

Never once said we didn't give anything. 

You can't judge every game now on "well it must be so tough to compete with a 21 point defecit" cos on that we won't deserve to lose any game will we.

Forget all that. Yes we worked hard. Yes we did ok.

But did we deserve anything from that? No. No we didn't.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don’t be so ridiculous. QPR were the better team, and I can’t begrudge them the victory, but to say we didn’t deserve anything is totally unfair on a significant number of our team who gave their everything again tonight. We lack a couple of forwards. It must be so tough to compete against a 21 point deficit with no proven goalscorer in your team, but boy they do keep on fighting. Unlucky to be beaten in the last minute by a supreme bit of skill. Get over yourself.

We didn't look a whole division below QPR. But as you say they were the better team. And I don't think our problems were just our lack of strikers. We left Willocks (first goal) and Chair (second goal) unmarked. That's not bad luck .. he hit the post after all before Gray scored on the rebound.  Switched off at the vital moments or else we could have got another top four scalp.

Edited by PistoldPete

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Does Rooney need to get over himself too?

20211129_215019.thumb.jpg.46d2a88a0ce3309f4cfd112c6258e9ff.jpg

Fair result tonight. It’s just the position we’re in at the moment. Rooney took the handbrake off to open the game up and make it a 3 pointer for both teams and unfortunately for us every time they went forward it looked dangerous and we couldn’t get past the half way line. A draw albeit against a good side won’t do us any favours so kudos for going for it. The players gave everything and that’s all we can ask.