QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Fourth matchday thread in a row. I won’t be giving it up just yet after a delightful few days against the top 2 and 4 points from them.

Back home this Monday with a winning mentality and belief for everyone to see on Sky.  Hopefully a fantastic attendance after recent results despite being on telly  

Same (or as close as can be) lineup as these 2 games for me, injuries permitting. 

LFG. COYR. ???

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

It's about time some of the no shows got over whatever it is that's stopping them coming to games (unless it's cash or health concerns of course) and support our team but, in truth, it doesn't really matter in respect of atmosphere because we've got the best support in the division right now. 

I agree but a Monday night in late November when the game is on TV probably isn’t when it’s going to happen so don’t get your hopes up.

I’ll be there and if there are 20,000 others I don’t think we can complain too much.

Slightly greedy line up:

Roos

Ebosele Jagielka Davies Williams

Thompson Bird Shinnie

Knight CKR* Lawrence

It would be harsh on Byrne and Fozzy after the rearguard display against Fulham but tactically with how we set up we need the full backs to carry a real threat. I really like how the right hand side of the team was shaping up against Bournemouth and I think it's something work looking at get. Williams gives you more going forwards as well as being better on the ball meaning we are less likely to lose possession building out. I think we kinda need CKR (doubly so without Fozzy or Buchanan) to start at the moment just to give something to build off and the defence an easy out ball, although if he's fit I'd be sorely tempted to start Stretton.

A more realistic but fair lineup would essentially be the players who started against Fulham, provided no new fitness issues.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos

Jagielka   Davies

Byrne   Tommo   Bird   Shinnie   Forsyth

Knight   Kazim   Lawrence

Subs: Allsop, Festy, Stearman, Williams, Ravel, Sibley, Jozwiak

Love it that Tommo now has his official nick name !  … Take a bow Ghost ??

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree but a Monday night in late November when the game is on TV probably isn’t when it’s going to happen so don’t get your hopes up.

I’ll be there and if there are 20,000 others I don’t think we can complain too much.

I know I am a bit of an oddball but I love night games. There’s something about the lights and misted breath. The sound and feel is different.  My shift at work is starting an hour later the next morning which is helpful too. I’ll be there .. as the song goes .. like the moon and the stars in the sky. Looking down the barrel of a gun is a curious feeling, there is something about being United in adversity; this season is really looking up ! 

I refuse to get too excited at this stage, but if things go well on Monday, I may just be buying each and every one of you a drink! ?

I laid a bet last week... a 50p treble...

1/  A 3-2 win over Bournemouth... DONE!

2/  A 0-0 draw at Fulham... DONE!

If we win 8-5 on Monday... with 10 men... and a hat-trick from Stearman, I think I'm due a return of £1,386,425.82!

Wish me luck!  ?