Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

59 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Wow 2 amazing performances and results in a few days. Wayne Rooney is doing a tremendous job, hopefully we don’t see the anti Rooney brigade on here again!!

I admit i was a card carrying paid up member of the anti-rooney brigade towards the back end of last season. He's won me round and more with just everything this season. A squad that was in for a relegation battle regardless of points deductions would, without them, be staying up comfortably this season.

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

Huge credit to the lads, worked their socks off. Rooney deserves praise too.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

But with the players we have, it’s to be expected really.

2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

He was fine but got unnecessary abuse in the stands. 

This is his 9th season with us. He's lost 2 of those seasons through serious injuries and yet has fought back to be a generally reliable squad member. If anyone has given this club value over the years, he has. 

Our support has been outstanding this season, but some of our fans, sadly, are still brainless twits. 

Just now, Crewton said:

This is his 9th season with us. He's lost 2 of those seasons through serious injuries and yet has fought back to be a generally reliable squad member. If anyone has given this club value over the years, he has. 

Our support has been outstanding this season, but some of our fans, sadly, are still brainless twits. 

Obviously, I didn't write "twits". 

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

A rather confused post. That Fulham team would be a bit different if they get promoted, with signings. The 90% claim is just cobblers.

Every team needs grafters, why are you complaining we have some? The CD partnership of Davies and Jagielka needs no defence from me, the stats speak for themselves. They are classy defenders. Tonight really is not the time for griping posts like yours.

Pinching myself whilst watching this earlier, although having us down for a 1-1 (tongue in cheek)

I always start by having a look at "Prutton's Predictions" , which praised the resilience of the squad

and the brilliant performance against Bournemouth. But, ended by saying that he couldn't see any team

coming away with anything from Craven Cottage - how wrong can you be, admittedly we rode our luck

somewhat,  a fully deserved point thou.

onwards and upwards ⬆️

One more point from a rare trip to a game - loved the applause and finally the chants for Harry Wilson. Must have made him feel very special when he went off to have the away end sing ‘he’s got to be worth 50 million’. Nice touch for someone who’s season with the club left a legacy of some remarkable memories. 

6 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

So so proud of these boys! To think we've just beaten Bournemouth who were unbeaten on the road and had only conceded ONE goal all season yet we hit 3 goals past em...and followed it up by managing to eke out a draw away from home against a team who had won seven on the bounce and scoring for fun...well it's scarcely believable.And these two teams are not just top..they are 7 or 8 points clear at the top.! The Rams should (and will) take massive confidence from these two matches..in fact we have played the top five and are unbeaten.There is nothing to fear in any of the remaining  fixtures..and if we can reduce that gap to around 10 by January 1st then I believe the impossible can actually happen.The Great Escape is on!

I am a realist. No one has beaten minus 12 let alone minus 21 …. BUT … if we had had -21 at the start of the season we would have been 21 behind everyone with 46 to play

We are now 10 points behind Barnsley with 27 to play 

At the present rate we could end up being second bottom with 8 games to play. 

Then where are we ??? a “tough” season trying to get out of the drop zone over the last 8 games that many have faced before us. It can be done !

Fight to end ! 

Edited by jono

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The “gulf” between the sides was what … after 95 minutes of a full match  ? 

Let’s see now A modest  statistical advantage on possession, and a little more “territory” ..A d we were the away team.

Ummm, and the result was what ?

Our definitions of  “massive” are somewhat different ! 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

... but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half...

Members of the jury are to disregard the above statement!

Fulham were the better team.  A 1-0 home win wouldn't have seemed unjust (To me, at least).  Neither would a 3-3 draw!
You might get away with that statement if discussing the last 20/25 mins, but for the whole game?  Absolutely inaccurate.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=84042.0 

For anyone who wants a laugh. Not quite sure what their gripe is!

Maybe next time a team kicks a ball out for your player down injured (we we're in a decent attacking position too) don't boot the ball out for a throw the other end of the pitch and not even let us take the throw without pressure! 

I'm glad that came back to bite them in the arse!

Was there last night , no voice left but immensely proud of the team , they literally gave everything last night , they have had some stick lately but Roos and Byrne were superb , Thompson again a star in the making , but my big shout out is for Jags , an absolute monster at the back last night , what a signing and finally the fans , the support last night was simply first class , the envy of im sure most clubs in this division if not the whole football league , keep it up boys , We Are Derby County We Fight Till The End

58 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Members of the jury are to disregard the above statement!

Fulham were the better team.  A 1-0 home win wouldn't have seemed unjust (To me, at least).  Neither would a 3-3 draw!
You might get away with that statement if discussing the last 20/25 mins, but for the whole game?  Absolutely inaccurate.

Hmmm.  Our work rate was massive. But the sobering thing for me was that if you take Festy out they were a yard faster than us man for man. It was a very different story to the game on Sunday. Haven’t seen it back but the Roos save from the deflection looked superhuman and the Sari strike against the bar looked like goal of the month in the making, as he struck it (did Roos get a touch?). How our defenders heroically survived the goal mouth scrambles in the second half who knows but there’s no chance Curtis and Jags can keep this up, Steadman has to get some minutes surely.  The lads will certainly need a rest  - thank goodness they’re not up again on Saturday 

Edited by kevinhectoring