Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

As an aside can I just say where has Thompson come from ? The way he's slotted into the midfield like he has been there all season in 2 of the hardest games of the season is seriously impressive. One of the things that I really really like about him is he's consistently moving to provide the passer an option.

Very proud watching that second half, it was desperate, it was scrappy, but there was so much heart. Phil Jagielka was a lion in the centre of defence tonight, put his head though everything and body on the line. 

And the fans were absolutely superb, hats off to the 1000 who went tonight, total backing of the team from the first to the last.

What a brilliant hard fought point that is. Jags, Davis, and Roos were immense.  Byrne shouldn't be able to compete with some of those units he's up against, but he saved us on more than one occasion tonight. Forsyth came back In and didn't let anybody down.

The rest of team grafted and fought once again and we can only hope Wayne gives them all a steady couple of days to recover from the knocks and graft they've put in over the last 2 games. 

Roos and Byrne looked shaky for 15 mins then were terrific.

Forsyth did his job well tonight and the whole team never stopped battling.

Sad to see Festy injured. 

Thought CKR was poor off the bench. Awful touch, very little effort. Would rather see a youngster given a go.

But overall, wow! Sensational 

6 minutes ago, David said:

BREAKING: Derby County have been deducted 6pts for fielding an extra ineligible player against Fulham, Lady Luck.

In all seriousness, tonight was one of those performances to be proud of.

Did we ride our luck? Yeah of course, but everyone has a bit of luck to help them along the way, about time we had some.

The players battled until the end, you can't ask much more than that. Whilst it was largely backs against the walls we did create chances, the ball in decent areas.

Point well earned.

4pts from Bournemouth and Fulham is incredible, it's games like these which give us that hope and let us dream what appears to be the impossible.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Thought CKR was poor off the bench. Awful touch, very little effort. Would rather see a youngster given a go.

I've thought he's looked poor since he's been back in most games. I don't think it's a lack of effort, it just doesn't seem to be going for him since he returned from injury. I think I prefer us with a more mobile forward upfront to help with the pressing. 

Great result, great to hear the travelling Rams making noise from minute 1 to minute 95…

Was worried that the bounce from Sunday might be beaten down, but it sounded like they worked very hard, and got a good result.

COYR!

Andrew

What an amazing draw!!! Still can't really believe it.

Now to push on and never lose hope!!!

Fulham will definitely be up there come end of the season, you can see the quality they have! Played so well today and finally got a little extra luck!

Copy and pasted from my post in the Bournemouth thread because my duck are we good!! Did a slight change to the wording, all was needed. Watched every second tonight and my wife's hand has lost blood from the squeezing! Great result! 4 points from a possible 6 against 1st and 2nd!!

edit: shootout to every damn Derby player!! Great graft and desire! Especially the latest addition Liam Thompson, doesn't look out of place at all and just two games in, like a slightly younger Jason Knight!

Edit 2: and shout out to the ducking fans who went!!!! Could hear you all ducking game in full voice, what a noise and support. Never a minute silent! ❤

Edited by DerbyRam!

Fantastic point, can't believe we've got 4 points from these last 2 games.

Had to dig in at times second half (esp the passage that ended with Davies' clearance off the line) but thought we deserved a point overall. Played some nice stuff at times first half & Lawrence was a real threat to them. Thought the balance of midfield was really good too...we did expect Fulham to dominate the ball but Bird & Thompson were able to relieve pressure by holding onto the ball or one touch passing out of danger. Knight & Shinnie obviously grafted & Ebosele was there to keep Fulham wary of a burst of pace...hope his injury isn't serious.

Unbelievable backing from our fans tonight by the way...it was non-stop. Absolute class ?

Gotta admit that I thought the extra points deduction would make some players mentally switch off. However, although we rode our luck at times tonight it was clearly evident there is still plenty of fight in this team. 

Fans superb again tonight. I applaud each and every one of you there tonight. The Rams are staying up with that passion.  ???

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Defensively they don’t look so good but we’re being outgunned in midfield and their press is too good for our deep tippy tappy football. Byrne under constant pressure as soon as he gets the ball. Something needs to change, it’s only a matter of time. One for CRK perhaps

Very good battling.  Shame Hull won. Must back it up with a win against QPR really.  Think Kazim- Richards has spat the dummy though it appears.  Comes on fouls somebody straight away and that's it, really doesn't seem motivated to help contain pressure by moving his centre half.   That's why he's brought on