Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Rooney and the players are doing a fantastic job producing such defiance in a situation beyond hope, the fans also,

we have one big thing on our side and that is we must go out to win every game , no confusion ,we know what we need and I’m sure every one of them knows they could make history and be club legends ,

duck it , we’re Derby county we fight to the end

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

Huge credit to the lads, worked their socks off. Rooney deserves praise too.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

But with the players we have, it’s to be expected really.

You playing Santa again this year? 

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

Huge credit to the lads, worked their socks off. Rooney deserves praise too.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

But with the players we have, it’s to be expected really.

Unpopular but you’re not wrong. We did really well to match Fulham in the first half and to hang on in the second. And Fulham still have a lot of players, Mitrovic included, who failed miserably in the premier league.

I think passing wise, we generally are one of the better teams in the championship. Where we fall down is that physically we aren’t always strong enough to hold the ball under pressure. 

That and the obvious lack of a regular goal scorer. So annoying that Ebosele, who is developing into a real threat, has such bad luck with injury, and that Stretton seems to struggle with fitness too.

We have a squad full of defenders and midfield players, but only Lawrence who regularly tries to score goals.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Unpopular but you’re not wrong. We did really well to match Fulham in the first half and to hang on in the second. And Fulham still have a lot of players, Mitrovic included, who failed miserably in the premier league.

I think passing wise, we generally are one of the better teams in the championship. Where we fall down is that physically we aren’t always strong enough to hold the ball under pressure. 

That and the obvious lack of a regular goal scorer. So annoying that Ebosele, who is developing into a real threat, has such bad luck with injury, and that Stretton seems to struggle with fitness too.

We have a squad full of defenders and midfield players, but only Lawrence who regularly tries to score goals.

We all know this and our limitations - you two are not blessed with higher football knowledge than the rest of us but after a few crap months most of us are just happy to celebrate the points tally from what seemed like two impossible fixtures after the -9.  

4 hours ago, California Ram. said:

One more point from a rare trip to a game - loved the applause and finally the chants for Harry Wilson. Must have made him feel very special when he went off to have the away end sing ‘he’s got to be worth 50 million’. Nice touch for someone who’s season with the club left a legacy of some remarkable memories. 

Definite vibe of 'Idiakez in 2007 playoff semi' performance from Harry last night. Turned down a finish from 15 yards to pass to a marked teammate & more surprisingly, didnt take that free kick. He said in the week how gutted he was that we are where we are..pleased he got a really good reception & his song belted out by our lot. Once a Ram...

7 hours ago, Yani P said:

We only need 44 more points..should be a breeze  

Might even be less than that, may be more. I'm trying to break it into bitesize chunks & imagine Rooney doing something similar with the squad. Firstly, how quickly can we get to 10 points then once we manage that, how quickly can we get past Barnsley (looking marooned as 2nd bottom)? Then build from that.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

We all know this and our limitations - you two are not blessed with higher football knowledge than the rest of us but after a few crap months most of us are just happy to celebrate the points tally from what seemed like two impossible fixtures after the -9.  

No attempt on my part to belittle or downgrade in any way our performance over the past two games. When you lack quality, you rely on effort, guts and a little luck. When you have the first two, you deserve the third.

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well, the 90% claim is rubbish - the Action Zone split was 37%/43%/21% away third, middle, home third. 

Fulham dominated second half but we actually had the better chances first half. 

His post is what I'd expect from the most deluded Cottager. 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well, the 90% claim is rubbish - the Action Zone split was 37%/43%/21% away third, middle, home third. 

Fulham dominated second half but we actually had the better chances first half. 

His post is what I'd expect from the most deluded Cottager. 

His post was what I expected from a cottage pie, deluded or otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If so, I’m relieved but that’s a regular occurrence and needs addressing in training. There’s something wrong if a lad of his age and fitness is getting cramp, especially in a fairly standard game.

Let’s hope he’s tearing it up against QPR.

He also was ill at the weekend so would have lost fluids.Cramps happens when you are like that.  

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If so, I’m relieved but that’s a regular occurrence and needs addressing in training. There’s something wrong if a lad of his age and fitness is getting cramp, especially in a fairly standard game.

Let’s hope he’s tearing it up against QPR.

If you'd seen him go past the Fulham left back late in the first half its no wonder he gets cramp. Never seen acceleration like it.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Haven’t seen it back but the Roos save from the deflection looked superhuman and the Sari strike against the bar looked like goal of the month in the making, as he struck it (did Roos get a touch?)

The save for deflection was solid, but rather comfortable. 

I don't think he got anything to shot against the bar. The one in the end though, which ended Davies clearing from the line, was the save of the day for me. Come out quickly and  bravely multiple times yesterday. 

Excellent game from Roos.

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I thought our 3 little midfield generals , Shinnie , Thomson and Knight were brilliant. With Curtis and Jags being so dangerous at corners , Rooney must have been pulling his hair out at the quality of Birds kicks.

It was quite frustrating to see 4 corners in quick succession fail to reach the middle of the goal from Bird. I always felt that Shinnie was decent with corners and would have liked him to have had a go.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Might even be less than that, may be more. I'm trying to break it into bitesize chunks & imagine Rooney doing something similar with the squad. Firstly, how quickly can we get to 10 points then once we manage that, how quickly can we get past Barnsley (looking marooned as 2nd bottom)? Then build from that.

I agree, 22nd place is the target. match them on points and stay up on goal difference