Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

38 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

After a fantastic performance against the 2nd best team in the league, can we play without fear again and replicate the win in the big smoke against Fulham? 

Pray for no daft goal kicks and Mitrovic leaving his boots at home. 

I would be a bit more confident if they left Mitrovic at home.?

Difficult game against a team that quite frankly has made a mockery of the Championship this season, particularly over the past month or so. They beat an in-form Forest 4-0, not to mention the 7-0 demolition of Blackburn and that's before we note that they hammered fellow automatic promotion hopefuls West Brom 3-0. 

I would guess that if we can keep this within a sensible score, like Peterborough managed in fairness, it would be an achievement. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Jagielka   Davies
Festy   LThompson   Bird   Shinnie   Buchanan
     Knight           Lawrence
Kazim

Subs: Allsop, Byrne, Stearman, Forsyth, Ravel, Jozwiak, Sibley

That line up deserves another shot and I hope even if they get beat tonight that we won't use it as an excuse to swap Festy from RB or Thompson from midfield in the next game. Against Bournemouth both the midfield 3 and the combination of Festy, Thompson and Knight on the right looked really promising and something to work with.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Roos

Byrne , Jags ,Davies ,Buchanon ( or Forsyth)

Shinnie , Bird

Knight , Morrison , Lawrence

CKR

But Ebosole  could fit in , also a shame for Thomson

Honestly after Bournemouth why bring back Byrne or Morrison ? Neither of them has been particularly performing well as of late.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That line up deserves another shot and I hope even if they get beat tonight that we won't use it as an excuse to swap Festy from RB or Thompson from midfield in the next game. Against Bournemouth both the midfield 3 and the combination of Festy, Thompson and Knight on the right looked really promising and something to work with.

I agree, apart from maybe bringing in Forsyth if Buchanan is not 100%.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly after Bournemouth why bring back Byrne or Morrison ? Neither of them has been particularly performing well as of late.

I agree, just Kazim for Baldock, though as Festy was struggling with cramp for much of the 2nd half I wouldn't be surprised to see Byrne return tomorrow.

Id go 3 at the back for this game, less space for Mitrovic and use the full backs to push out onto the crosser and provide the width when attacking. Lawrence and CKR as split strikers. 

Allsop

Stearman             Jagielka               Davies

Byrne          Knight                     Bird                 Shinnie            Ebosele

Lawrence                          CKR

Forsyth would be a key sub, replace Ebosele if hanging on or playing LCB if chasing the game, Morrison late on if chasing the game, CKR will probably need replacing in the last 20 too. 

Alternatively, get someone to annoy Mitrovic early on and get him sent off

p.s. I am presuming Buchanan won't be fit

Edited by sage

10 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I don't mind about tonight, it's tomorrow I'm thinking about ? 

Festy, LThompson, Buchanan all likely to drop out. Festy due to a bit of cramp, Buchanan because he took a couple of knocks, and LThompson who could be targeted with him not being a surprise option now. If i was Fulham manager, I'd be getting Mitrovic to drop deep and bully Thompson, letting Reid/Carvalho to run in the space behind.