Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

Huge credit to the lads, worked their socks off. Rooney deserves praise too.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

But with the players we have, it’s to be expected really.

That made me laugh so hard, thanks I was feeling a bit blue. ?

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

No attempt on my part to belittle or downgrade in any way our performance over the past two games. When you lack quality, you rely on effort, guts and a little luck. When you have the first two, you deserve the third.

We don’t lack quality, we just don’t have as much to spare as the big boys of the Championship!

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A goal scoring centre forward changes everything 

We could ask Joe @Jourdan,  if he fancies it? but then again he's been a bit quiet since we beat Bournemouth and drew at Fulham. Maybe he's away on his holidays to Rooneydesia.

Even Peter Shilton with his tracksuit bottoms on failed to keep Jordan out.

11 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I’m enjoying that fact that Derby are hard to beat this season. The matches we haven’t ‘turned up’ in are not a frequent occurrence compared to some seasons. Sometimes there is a lack of quality and of course few options and injuries etc but there is a real battling spirit, which makes a change because Derby have often been easy pushovers too often. 

Yes, it will be important to try and embed that fighting spirit into those squad members who will be wearing the Rams shirt next season in L1. Never an easy task after a relegation, but it will be crucial for any hope of a fairly prompt return to the ch'ship. 

17 hours ago, europia said:

Yes, it will be important to try and embed that fighting spirit into those squad members who will be wearing the Rams shirt next season in L1. Never an easy task after a relegation, but it will be crucial for any hope of a fairly prompt return to the ch'ship. 

Definitely. Derby will have a good chance in league 1 if most of this team is kept together. Derby probably won’t be one of the three poorest teams this season and have a battling spirit. Need new owner in ASAP otherwise may not even get to next season unfortunately. 
The youngsters coming through shows the academy system is working for Derby. 

7 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Definitely. Derby will have a good chance in league 1 if most of this team is kept together. Derby probably won’t be one of the three poorest teams this season and have a battling spirit. Need new owner in ASAP otherwise may not even get to next season unfortunately. 
The youngsters coming through shows the academy system is working for Derby. 

Absolutely. Reportedly 4 potential bidders. Just have to hope that at least one or two aren't tyre kickers....