Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

10 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Wow 2 amazing performances and results in a few days. Wayne Rooney is doing a tremendous job, hopefully we don’t see the anti Rooney brigade on here again!!

I'm thinking of party poopers more than anti-rooners. Aside from that one berk starting a stupid thread (which nearly everyone jumped on) I've not really seen any 'Rooney outers' this season tbf.

We've just had 2 great results, we've robbed the team who'll easily finish top at the end of the season of 2 points and the team who'll easily finish 2nd of 3 points (or vice versa)

It's 4 points we never expected. We've just got to hope that the confidence boost these performances should give us leads to some positive momentum and helps us to future victories we may not otherwise have achieved.

If that doesn't happen then no matter how brilliant or against the odds these 4 points were they won't offset the damage (in terms of pure points) caused by the losses to Peterborough, Barnsley and potentially Birmingham.

The return fixtures and future matches against bottom half teams / direct relegation rivals will be the real measure of Rooney's performance, not the past couple of matches.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

22 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It was quite frustrating to see 4 corners in quick succession fail to reach the middle of the goal from Bird. I always felt that Shinnie was decent with corners and would have liked him to have had a go.

If it goes into the middle of the goal area it gives their keeper an advantage. So near post, short or to the edge of the box avoids that

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

If it goes into the middle of the goal area it gives their keeper an advantage. So near post, short or to the edge of the box avoids that

It didn't give Bournmouths keeper much of an advantage when Knight scored from a corner, Putting a corner to the near post where they have a couple of 6 foot plus defenders and we have someone the stature of Ronnie Corbett aint a good idea.

I’m enjoying that fact that Derby are hard to beat this season. The matches we haven’t ‘turned up’ in are not a frequent occurrence compared to some seasons. Sometimes there is a lack of quality and of course few options and injuries etc but there is a real battling spirit, which makes a change because Derby have often been easy pushovers too often. 

3 hours ago, WamRam said:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=84042.0 

For anyone who wants a laugh. Not quite sure what their gripe is!

Maybe next time a team kicks a ball out for your player down injured (we we're in a decent attacking position too) don't boot the ball out for a throw the other end of the pitch and not even let us take the throw without pressure! 

I'm glad that came back to bite them in the arse!

It’s annoying that we mean so much to a team as insignificant as Fulham.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

It was quite frustrating to see 4 corners in quick succession fail to reach the middle of the goal from Bird. I always felt that Shinnie was decent with corners and would have liked him to have had a go.

You’re right but I still like Max’s intent -  he does put his corners in with a bit of pace and at a dangerous height - see Knights goal on Sunday. It’s a booger when a pesky defender gets in the way though ?

1 hour ago, Stockport Ram said:

You'll probably have seen by now WR's post match interview in which he confirmed Festy's sickness pre Bournemouth and that he needs time and fluids to recover fully.

With that in mind he's done very well to last 70 minutes twice in four days. 

Fair enough. Really pleased because I love watching him play 

13 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Gotta admit that I thought the extra points deduction would make some players mentally switch off. However, although we rode our luck at times tonight it was clearly evident there is still plenty of fight in this team. 

Fans superb again tonight. I applaud each and every one of you there tonight. The Rams are staying up with that passion.  ???

Hey no problem buddy. I was happy to get them up and singing, and banging that drum. Armchair for me vs QPR though. Perhaps you could get things organised that game?

Edited by i-Ram

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The gulf between the two sides was massive. Don’t get me wrong that was a fantastic point for Derby, but for 90% of the game we couldn’t get out of our own half. And that Fulham team would go down in then PL. The gap between the top two leagues is just too big now.

Huge credit to the lads, worked their socks off. Rooney deserves praise too.

While Curtis, Jags and Shinnie are real grafters and great off the ball, they really do limit us going forward. The reason why we could barely get out of our own half was the slow passing at the back just invited Fulham to box us in.

But with the players we have, it’s to be expected really.

I don't know about you, but this kinda paints a different picture to being stuck in our own half for 90% of the game ?

image.png.86b06651b2f09e0a37780768b50d83bf.png

Touches on the ball also indicates we were outside of our own half a lot more than you're suggesting with our 40% possession
image.png.ce05d23745cbe1a8c346cbcbfc7bb13e.png

There is a Fulham fan who knows his stuff.

Posted on the BBC sport page

MJH

00:19

Aside from the talk of the wider issues, I think Derby deserve some credit for their performance tonight. They clearly came to The Cottage with the intention of trying to win the game, and I applaud them for that. No sign of timewasting or gamesmanship as the minutes ticked away, they were still going for it right to the end - credit where it's due. Worrying how much we missed Mitrovic, though.

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There is a Fulham fan who knows his stuff.

Posted on the BBC sport page

MJH

00:19

Aside from the talk of the wider issues, I think Derby deserve some credit for their performance tonight. They clearly came to The Cottage with the intention of trying to win the game, and I applaud them for that. No sign of timewasting or gamesmanship as the minutes ticked away, they were still going for it right to the end - credit where it's due. Worrying how much we missed Mitrovic, though.

After watching the game last night on sky I thought the ref had a decent game fair to both sides That’s two games on the trot is this a coincidence   or am I still being paranoid.

1 minute ago, Deby1966 said:

After watching the game last night on sky I thought the ref had a decent game fair to both sides That’s two games on the trot is this a coincidence   or am I still being paranoid.

I refuse to accept your sound reasoning, I've already used my one and only "well done Ref" after Sundays match official performance.

8 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I thought our 3 little midfield generals , Shinnie , Thomson and Knight were brilliant. With Curtis and Jags being so dangerous at corners , Rooney must have been pulling his hair out at the quality of Birds kicks.

Has he got any?