Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Just now, I know nuffin said:

If nothing else he might force others to show their interest

Nixon’s tweet does read like there might be more than one bid. “Moves”

Trying to piece it together and probably getting a lot wrong. Kitchener was at Luton possibly with Gary Cook and the Irish group. That could be a joint bid.

The other could be the rumoured Tepper interest.

The letter from Kirchner is him calling others bluffs to get things moving, we will hopefully see some movement from more parties and hope the best one wins.

Seems weird to feel positive about off field stuff at Derby.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can see why people would be having flashbacks to Erik Alonso over this, but think there’s two key differences here:

1. The administrators aren’t Mel. There’s no way this guy makes it to the stage of making an official bid if he doesn’t prove he at least has some money.

2. Slync.io is a legitimate company. They sponsor a number of top level golfers and tournaments, I recognised the brand as soon as I saw it from watching on TV. No Limits Sports Limited (ffs) did not have any clear operations, other than stuff Alonso seemed to make up as he went along.

The guy doesn’t appear a billionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn’t mean he can’t run the club. It’s quite possible he’s a front man for some bigger money men behind the scenes, who could provide the funding to him. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that $76 million to slync.io came from one Micheal Dell, who I think it’s already been mentioned would be willing to provide further loans like I believe he’s doing at Burnley.

Its likely there’s a second party which is yet to be revealed, which is who Nixon was referring to. I suspect that will be the big money man behind the Appleby/Rush/Moxey deal, who will blow anyone else out the water if the bid comes in. Suggestions of David Tepper make a lot of sense, what with his links to Glick and therefore Appleby.

image.png.8fc7c4e510441412a850d38b939ba682.png

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I have it on good authority the ‘new hurdle’ is that the EFL have added surviving a snake pit and being able to walk across hot coals to its fit and proper person test. 

Those who know believe him to be a billionaire, WOW ????????????

I can’t find anything remotely suggesting this guy is close to being a billionaire. 

It is very rare for someone worth a billion or more to not have that made public knowledge or articles linking them to their wealth and even his company accounts suggest he’s not even worth multiple hundreds of millions. 

I remember when Simon Jordan was adamant that Erik Alonso had serious wealth etc etc, turns out he didn’t have a pot to **** in 

sorry but my bull**** radar is pinging all over the place here, somethings not right with this. 

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can see why people would be having flashbacks to Erik Alonso over this, but think there’s two key differences here:

1. The administrators aren’t Mel. There’s no way this guy makes it to the stage of making an official bid if he doesn’t prove he at least has some money.

2. Slync.io is a legitimate company. They sponsor a number of top level golfers and tournaments, I recognised the brand as soon as I saw it from watching on TV. No Limits Sports Limited (ffs) did not have any clear operations, other than stuff Alonso seemed to make up as he went along.

The guy doesn’t appear a billionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn’t mean he can’t run the club. It’s quite possible he’s a front man for some bigger money men behind the scenes, who could provide the funding to him. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that $76 million to slync.io came from one Micheal Dell, who I think it’s already been mentioned would be willing to provide further loans like I believe he’s doing at Burnley.

His profile on Linked.in is kinda weird

He ran his own "entertainments" company for 4 years - then did a couple of years at Best Buy working on their Magnolia home theatre (sorry, theater)  range. Then did 18 months in sales and marketing at a family label making business, before starting Slync.io 4 years ago

He's only 34 so that pretty much accounts for everything he's done since graduating college

I don't see how he can be a billionaire - and if he was, why is he raising $70m dollars of funding from investors and not just taking it from down the back of his sofa?

“We have to close this gap between where we are today and growing out of this startup phase into a global business — and that's obviously very, very capital intensive,” Kirchner said

That reads to me, as he's desperately trying to grow a young promising business - fair play to him - but

Something doesn't quite add up, as to why he has to find investors to grow his own company, yet is suddenly dead keen on buying a football club that needs at least that much money again,  just clear it's debts as a starting move

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

Nixon’s tweet does read like there might be more than one bid. “Moves”

Trying to piece it together and probably getting a lot wrong. Kitchener was at Luton possibly with Gary Cook and the Irish group. That could be a joint bid.

The other could be the rumoured Tepper interest.

The letter from Kirchner is him calling others bluffs to get things moving, we will hopefully see some movement from more parties and hope the best one wins.

Seems weird to feel positive about off field stuff at Derby.

His wife's Twitter (assume it's hers) makes interesting reading. She's got links to horse racing and in particular Coolmore Stud.

It's my belief that the photo's that were out last week at the Luton game including this fella(in shot talking to Rooney)Gary Cook and a well known assocaiate of the Coolmore operation.

Those who know racing,will know that some of the big Irish owners were part owners of Manchester United before it was sold to the Glazier family and they are also own golf courses and resorts.