Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

Saturday 28th August, 12:30 KO, Pride Park Stadium

I've never made a matchday thread in all my years on the forum. Maybe it's not the time to make my debut but don't deny me this one

We haven't beaten them since October 2017. That was 3 managers ago. This has got to be a win, especially the way they are playing

I will scream if Sibley doesn't start.

What else can I say? In all possibility, the biggest game we will play this season. Its definitely the first one I looked for on the fixture list.

Anyone nervous yet?

Edited by Tombo

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

I've never made a matchday thread in all my years on the forum. Maybe it's not the time to make my debut but don't deny me this one

We haven't beaten them since October 2017. That was 3 managers ago. This has got to be a win, especially the way they are playing

What else can I say? In all possibility, the biggest game we will play this season. Its definitely the first one I looked for on the fixture list.

Anyone nervous yet?

Schoolboy error using their proper name. 

Living in Nottm, and being surrounded by Forest supporters, they are in such a bad mood with their club. Majority want Hughton out, they’re not sure they will manage to score, even have a shot against us. Many predict a win for us.

Im less confident, purely because it’s a Derby game (in many ways). Forest have lost comprehensively the last 2 games, with Stoke fans saying they’re one of the worst teams to player there in a while. However, Stoke and Wolves are decent sides, so was always going to be tough. Can see a tightly contested draw, 0-0 or 1-1, as per the last few games. 

If we can continue playing on the front foot, and get a goal early that our play will deserve, that will be a good start. We also need to not go too defensive too early, and invite them to attack us. Interesting to see if Tom or Festy make the bench/starting 11 at a push. Not sure if change the starting team after last 2 Champ games, they’ve been decent. Maybe Buchanan for Fozzy, after he played in cup.

If I were a betting man, i'd be lumping on the draw, probably 1-1. I don't think either of us a good enough to win it, and being the Derby match, both will be determined not to lose.

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Rooney is a Ram. 

We seduced Conway, now we're drawing Rooney in, Schteve just can't leave us - the ram cult is certainly strong.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Anyone nervous yet?

Best we can do is a draw, we don’t win games sadly.

I've heard from a close friend that works inside Forest that they've had to ban crayons from the training complex as too many of their players were eating them as a pre-match meal. 

Lets get the record straight: Chris Hughton is undoubtedly a good manager, who has proven the case over-and-over again. I think it's just that their team is an utter shambles that even the guy who has never achieved anything less than a top 4 finish in this division when given a full pre-season wherever he has been (believe he's done it 3 times already, including 2 promotions) can't get their awful, deplorable, rancid, appalling, atrocious, dire, horrendous, horrific... simply DEPRESSING squad moving the right way. 

Awful team and should be a comfortable 8-0 win. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've heard from a close friend that works inside Forest that they've had to ban crayons from the training complex as too many of their players were eating them as a pre-match meal. 

Lets get the record straight: Chris Hughton is undoubtedly a good manager, who has proven the case over-and-over again. I think it's just that their team is an utter shambles that even the guy who has never achieved anything less than a top 4 finish in this division when given a full pre-season wherever he has been (believe he's done it 3 times already, including 2 promotions) can't get their awful, deplorable, rancid, appalling, atrocious, dire, horrendous, horrific... simply DEPRESSING squad moving the right way. 

Awful team and should be a comfortable 8-0 win. 

They have a lot of players and training must be very negative and not just how to get the ball going backwards 

Roos 

Byrne  Jagielka Davies Buchanan   

Bird.     Shinnie 

Morrison 

Sibley.       Baldock.   Jozwiak 

subs Allsop Stretton Lawrence Hutchinson Forsyth Stearman Ebosele 

not sure if Baldock will be fit and I wouldn’t put Lawrence back in whilst it looks like Buchanan will start this one.