Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

46 minutes ago, Boycie said:

@Tombo why have you started this thread?

Only a league loss makes us change thread starter.

Unless, you’ve purposely not put “match day thread” as you know it’s not the official one?

If we lose, it’s all your fault, I hope your willing to take that chance, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

Bar 'im @Boycie ?

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

After Monday's U23 match against Leicester was postponed because of Covid, Saturday's U18 game against Liverpool has now gone for the same reason: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/under-18s-trip-to-liverpool-re-arranged

I would be amazed if there isn't some impact on the first team by the weekend, with some players also testing positive.

We could have the entire 23-man first team squad test positive and the EFL would still insist we played the match - anyone that fancies a run out needs to make sure they've got their boots with them on Saturday....

Edited by Gaspode

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

After Monday's U23 match against Leicester was postponed because of Covid, Saturday's U18 game against Liverpool has now gone for the same reason: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/under-18s-trip-to-liverpool-re-arranged

I would be amazed if there isn't some impact on the first team by the weekend, with some players also testing positive.

I thought they're supposed to be in separate bubbles, but as Borkovic was with the first team yesterday, I wonder about how rigid that is.

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I thought they're supposed to be in separate bubbles, but as Borkovic was with the first team yesterday, I wonder about how rigid that is.

I was surprised about Borkovic for that reason. Plus I said in another thread that while half of the world now thinks of themselves as expert epidemiologists, the reality is that there's a ton of stuff about Covid we don't know. As well as affecting different people very differently, sometimes it seems to spread when it shouldn't. And then in a big group of young lads, their understanding of what a bubble is and ultrastrict adherence to the rules 24/7 is going to be limited. It's also important no one not double-jabbed at the club is using the Covid app and risks being pinged, but I'm not sure that's the case.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Still don't understand why they get so snippy about being called notts.

They're in the borough of Rushcliffe not the city of nottingham and everyone calls notingham notts for short anyway, but it seems to really wind them up?!

Perhaps the mods should let @Red_Dawn and @eezzeetiger onto the thread to explain? Their previous owner said they were house trained and only very rarely ? on the rug these days.

They have been called Notts for over 100 years. Only recent comers get shirty over it 

I'm not here for this as it's the gf's graduation in Edinburgh. Derby games are often tight affairs and it's a cliche but form makes less of an impact in these types of games. They'll be hungry to get off the ground and we'll be wanting to build on the start we've made. I'd probably say a 1-1 draw if i had to guess as we just lack firepower going forward. The half decent form we've cobbled together has been built on the foundation of not conceding as opposed to scoring. 

Can see us winning this convincingly, we’ve played well created chances and had plenty of shots in the first few games. Night and day compared to last season. I feel like it will all come together on Saturday and we’ll be score some goals. 
3-0 by half time. They’ll reorganise in the second half and that’s how it will stay. Confident!