Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

1 hour ago, Icomeinpeace said:

And football in England was indeed called "soccer" originally but that is not the name that was officially adopted and agreed upon as the canon name for the game and the vagaries of a random printer's mis-spelling a hundred years ago not more dictates the name of a club for perpetuity than I don't know if your teacher wrote Philip rather than Phillip on your school report. But by all means sit in the corner of the pub chuntering in to your beer that "it is Notts - I read it once so there".... while the rest of the world just smiles in your direction, sighs and carries on with things that aren't utterly trivial. 

I had come to offer some discussion, insight and exchange about the actual game   

Think we know where @Tyler Durden's dictionary went... 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

What happens when you click on Wayne Rooney's DCFC Fans? The across arrow should be replaced by a down arrow revealing a drop down list of all the Forums

Yeah, I knew that. Was just testing y’all ? 

Don't know how that happened, don’t remember touching anything I shouldn’t have but thanks Tyler, I was quite perplexed.

And football in England was indeed called "soccer" originally but that is not the name that was officially adopted and agreed upon as the canon name for the game and the vagaries of a random printer's mis-spelling a hundred years ago not more dictates the name of a club for perpetuity than I don't know if your teacher wrote Philip rather than Phillip on your school report. But by all means sit in the corner of the pub chuntering in to your beer that "it is Notts - I read it once so there".... while the rest of the world just smiles in your direction, sighs and carries on with things that aren't utterly trivial. 

Do I detect a high horse? 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Yeah, I knew that. Was just testing y’all ? 

Don't know how that happened, don’t remember touching anything I shouldn’t have but thanks Tyler, I was quite perplexed.

I only know that as I did the same thing a few months ago and hit on the solution randomly. 

I would say your Derby City analogy is weak. People do not commonly get that wrong. 

More similar is the whole West Ham stadium name...was it called the Boleyn Ground or Upton Park...no one cared either no matter how many times it was explained. 

I can’t actually believe on almost the eve of the forest game there’s almost 100 seats going in every block. I didn’t think it would be a sell out but it’s looking likely to be 7k empty seats at least. Will be quite gutting to see but I’m sure the fans that are there will make hell of a noise. 

6 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I can’t actually believe on almost the eve of the forest game there’s almost 100 seats going in every block. I didn’t think it would be a sell out but it’s looking likely to be 7k empty seats at least. Will be quite gutting to see but I’m sure the fans that are there will make hell of a noise. 

Why is the drop off so bad? I'm thinking it must be because of the situation off the field and the fact that we don't have a competitive side

29 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why is the drop off so bad? I'm thinking it must be because of the situation off the field and the fact that we don't have a competitive side

The issue with the ticket office not being open has been more of a factor then some care to mention.

I also read a very enlightened suggestion that if our fan base is heavily skewed towards the older generation then the ones not disenfranchised with having to book tickets online might also still be cautious about large group gatherings or may have even sadly succumbed to Covid. 

On 25/08/2021 at 12:29, RadioactiveWaste said:

Still don't understand why they get so snippy about being called notts.

They're in the borough of Rushcliffe not the city of nottingham and everyone calls notingham notts for short anyway, but it seems to really wind them up?!

Perhaps the mods should let @Red_Dawn and @eezzeetiger onto the thread to explain? Their previous owner said they were house trained and only very rarely ? on the rug these days.

What are the chances that DCFC set up the scoreboard to say “NOTS FOREST” just to wind them up some more?

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I would say your Derby City analogy is weak. People do not commonly get that wrong. 

More similar is the whole West Ham stadium name...was it called the Boleyn Ground or Upton Park...no one cared either no matter how many times it was explained. 

Excellent point - similar to Celtic Park of Parkhead as well. As for signing your former players lets face it we've already tried for Buchanan and there's not a side in the Championship or half the prem that wouldn't take Sibley either at the rate he's going. Not sure we'd take any others but then our transfer policy is as shrouded in mystery as our tactics at the moment. Derbies are always unpredictable but frankly all you have to do is attack from the start and if you get an early goal we're sunk as CH will just pull the team back so as to not lose by more.  We've registered one shot on goal on the past two games so unless someone is possessed by the ghost of Gerd Muller we're unlikely to score - mind you even he couldn't have scored from the service we've given our strikers...