Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

58 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not here for this as it's the gf's graduation in Edinburgh. Derby games are often tight affairs and it's a cliche but form makes less of an impact in these types of games. They'll be hungry to get off the ground and we'll be wanting to build on the start we've made. I'd probably say a 1-1 draw if i had to guess as we just lack firepower going forward. The half decent form we've cobbled together has been built on the foundation of not conceding as opposed to scoring. 

Fair play to your Grandfather! How old is he?

Has the feeling of a bit of a key game this one in some respects. Our performances have overall been on the rise but there is still the baggage of last year lingering over us and the worries that games like Hull might be a false dawn. A confident win against Forest and a lot of the fan base will likely consider it a corner turned and really begin looking forwards rather than back. On the flip side a loss and I worry things will turn sour such is the fragile nature of the fan base currently.

For what it's worth and at risk of jinxing it, I can't see us losing this one. Forest have been woeful going forwards and we've looked really solid after the Jagielka's introduction. If Hughton is still in charge he will likely be approaching this game as trying to stop the rot and play for a point, so I expect them to sit deep and stay in shape. The question becomes will we break them down ? I think if we play like we did against Hull and the first half of Boro and don't get dragged into it "being a Derby" I think we should create chances (which is a nice change over last season) it's just whether we take them or not. Hopefully with increased game time and player sharpness we will, it'd be a really good time for Sibley to kick on after his goal against Sheff Utd.

In terms of team I think it pretty much picks itself with Lawrence and Ebosele seemingly still out and I'll presume Baldock is fit:

Roos

Byrne Jagielka Davies Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Sibley Morrison Jozwiak

Baldock

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

@Tombo why have you started this thread?

Only a league loss makes us change thread starter.

Unless, you’ve purposely not put “match day thread” as you know it’s not the official one?

If we lose, it’s all your fault, I hope your willing to take that chance, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

Now I've never known this to be the case? This is just a senseless attack on my character at this stage

Cup games are competitive, no matter how many 17 year old children we play

Edited by Tombo

13 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not here for this as it's the gf's graduation in Edinburgh. Derby games are often tight affairs and it's a cliche but form makes less of an impact in these types of games. They'll be hungry to get off the ground and we'll be wanting to build on the start we've made. I'd probably say a 1-1 draw if i had to guess as we just lack firepower going forward. The half decent form we've cobbled together has been built on the foundation of not conceding as opposed to scoring. 

Sack that off

She'll have that degree for the rest of her life, this game is only twice a season

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Last time we played Forest at home in front of a crowd  31,160 turned up . Can’t believe we are talking about 26,000 for saturdays game against the “old enemy”. What is wrong with people?

Do you think it will be as high as 26,000 ? 

41 minutes ago, tinman said:

18 tickets left...plus the however many thousand due to come live in 4 hours.

7 left when i looked a couple of minutes ago. I still cant buy any because i cant find the kids fan numbers and the ticket offices havent replied to my email from first thing yesterday. loath to spend the cash on the sex line/0898/premium call out of stupid principle