Embargo.

simmoram1995

Sounds like classic bullying.

We won't have done anything that justifies anywhere close to a 12 point deduction, we don't believe that we've even done anything to justify 3, but they'll use 'aggravating factors' and their position to trump up the potential punishment, like your stereotypical bully might start adding extra threats if their victim questions why they've been targeted, answers back and doesn't immediately hand over their pocket money.

Give us your mobile phone. What do you mean no? Give us your mobile phone or else we'll steal your shoes, put them on our own feet and kick you in the goolies, take them off, beat you around the head with them and then string them up on the nearest telephone line. 

...or I suppose we could let you off with whatever money you've got in your wallet and your lunch, but we'll be back tomorrow and we'll do this all over again. What's it gonna be?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

He blocked me for pointing that out to him one time, I think in similar circumstances on the eve of their big Derby match.

That surprises me. Your posts and arguments are always well constructed. It’s not as if your a ranting troll. In those circumstances you would have thought a “journalist” would want views and information from every angle. 

I’d very much like to hear from a dictionary or professor of journalism. When does a gossip monger become a journalist ? 

36 minutes ago, jono said:

That surprises me. Your posts and arguments are always well constructed. It’s not as if your a ranting troll. In those circumstances you would have thought a “journalist” would want views and information from every angle. 

I’d very much like to hear from a dictionary or professor of journalism. When does a gossip monger become a journalist ? 

Tyler... Oh Tyler... Where are youuuu

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, we're all talking about this now instead of Forest's poor form. 

So it's worked.

Does it work for us also as we aren’t focusing on how poor the Gumps are and in turn the effective attitude of “they’re poo, we should batter em” is blown away. Allowing our boys to be free from the expectations and offering them the freedom to do our talking on the pitch. ????

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, we're all talking about this now instead of Forest's poor form. 

So it's worked.

It's only worked if it has a detrimental effect on the players and I very much doubt that will have happened. As far as the supporters are concerned, putting these comments out a couple of days before the Derby match should only further galvanise the Rams fans into providing vocal support on the big day.

Edited by Wolfie20

1. Fact DCFC and the EFL are both at loggerheads concerning the spending/accounting of monies, DCFC have already been fined £100,000 and have a suspended 3 points hovering over them for non payment of wages.

2. Everything else is supposition by supporters and Journalists, Until there's a statement from either DCFC/the EFL it's as you were.

I don’t buy that this has been leaked by Percy / Nicholas Randall to try and destabilise us before the game tomorrow. 

I’d imagine this is nothing new to anyone within the club, including Rooney and the players so it’s business as usual and if anything, only Enhances the siege mentality. 

Forest are just going to look a whole lot worse than they already are if they lose to us tomorrow, I don’t see any gain at all by them or Percy leaking this out.  

10 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I don’t buy that this has been leaked by Percy / Nicholas Randall to try and destabilise us before the game tomorrow. 

I’d imagine this is nothing new to anyone within the club, including Rooney and the players so it’s business as usual and if anything, only Enhances the siege mentality. 

Forest are just going to look a whole lot worse than they already are if they lose to us tomorrow, I don’t see any gain at all by them or Percy leaking this out.  

Didn't realise that Nottingham Forest chairman Nicholas Randall QC (practises in the areas of employment, sports and pensions law, elected to the EFL Board) was also being implicated in this 'leak'. Who said that then?

21 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

1. Fact DCFC and the EFL are both at loggerheads concerning the spending/accounting of monies, DCFC have already been fined £100,000 and have a suspended 3 points hovering over them for non payment of wages.

2. Everything else is supposition by supporters and Journalists, Until there's a statement from either DCFC/the EFL it's as you were.

I don’t think the phones or internet are working so I wouldn’t hold your breath.  Even the corner flag is on furlough. 

Sounds to me like even after selling the ground and finding £30 mil down the back of the sofa we’ve still managed to breach P&S. kinda shocking really. The only thing we don’t know is what years this breach relates to. 

Can the deduction realistically be for anything else?

My understanding is that this is situation? ...

If the clubs given a penalty of 12 points is the club allowed to appeal and fairly have the same reduction that sheffield wednesday received, so 12 points reduced to 6 points.

If a penalty of at least 6 points is applied, does that mean that the club can then go enter the transfer market when the January transfer window opens and start buying players again (obviously unlikely as Mel probably does not want to spend money on new players, when his goal seems to have been to reduce the wage bill and sell off any players he could reducing the squad to almost unplayable levels, but technically could the club then start bringing in new players).

If the efl have given both a large points penalty and a refusal on quality transfers to help ward of instant relegation.

Otherwise it appears that the efl have forced Derby into immediate relegation before January.