Embargo.

simmoram1995

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

We also need to submit accounts for 19,20 and pay HMRC. But any charge from the redone accounts redone accounts will be a brand new process, new DC, new LAP if the EFL (or us) don't like the outcome.

It's the ducking duracell or accountancy non-compliance issue

upsetting your regulator in whatever line of business you are in ends up with a World of pain

34 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The bottom line is untill the accounts for financial years ending 30 June 2016, 2017 and 2018 meet the requirements of FRS102 and  have been reviewed by the EFL we are not going to know anything. Probably there are only two outcomes.

1. We have breached FFP in which case the EFL will deduct points from us 

2. We haven't breached FFP, this outcome will probably dissapoint the EFL again ?

I think this is the point of discussion between DCFC and the EFL, if it was 1. or 2. it'd be fairly quick to resolve, but, I suspect we've submitted accounts that we believe are compliant with FRS102 and the EFL are trying find a way to say they aren't.

Once that's accepted by both parties, the rest becomes straightforward.

And in the case of outcome 2, even if this materialises, if they cannot deduct points for an FFP breach, they will make sure it takes them until after the transfer window has shut to confirm this. They will probably do their best to delay it to the closure of the second transfer window to disadvantage us as much as possible in lieu of not being able to deduct points.

I believe the EFL executive decides this and my understanding is that now comprises of Rick Parry, Trevor Birch, some independent non-exec directors, Nicholas Randall (Forest), Peter Ridsdale (Preston), Neil Bousor (Middlesbrough), along with some Lower league representation including Jez Moxey (Burton).

It is absolutely clear what the championship appointed club representatives will be advocating and why I will be amazed if we sign anyone else before the deadline.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

And in the case of outcome 2, even if this materialises, if they cannot deduct points for an FFP breach, they will make sure it takes them until after the transfer window has shut to confirm this. They will probably do their best to delay it to the closure of the second transfer window to disadvantage us as much as possible in lieu of not being able to deduct points.

I believe the EFL executive decides this and my understanding is that now comprises of Rick Parry, Trevor Birch, some independent non-exec directors, Nicholas Randall (Forest), Peter Ridsdale (Preston), Neil Bousor (Middlesbrough), along with some Lower league representation including Jez Moxey (Burton).

It is absolutely clear what the championship appointed club representatives will be advocating and why I will be amazed if we sign anyone else before the deadline.

Even after the deadline once the embargo is lifted we can sign players. If they'd wanted to be truly anti-Derby why allow us to sign Baldock and Jags? 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As Boro actively and directly took part in the disciplinary process, they should really play no part in the decision, and Derby should be making this point.