Embargo.

simmoram1995

Sorry to be the one to bring this back up .

but now the dust has settled and the adrenaline has stopped pumping is anyone else absolutely bricking it that rooneys comments appear to suggest nothing is getting sorted out before transfer deadline day 

i know weve made a reasonable start but the squad is bare bones and while i thought we were absolutely outstanding first half the second in line with other games this season we lacked options from the bench and were unable to stem the change of the tide

Ill be v concerned if nothing changes by tuesday

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

but now the dust has settled and the adrenaline has stopped pumping is anyone else absolutely bricking it that rooneys comments appear to suggest nothing is getting sorted out before transfer deadline day 

i know weve made a reasonable start but the squad is bare bones and while i thought we were absolutely outstanding first half the second in line with other games this season we lacked options from the bench and were unable to stem the change of the tide

Dude, stop stressing. We're in a better place than last season and we will again avoid relegation, hopefully a little more comfortably this time. After all, what's the worst that can happen?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bgy99lw556r2h7mu70

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s the first time that Wayne has been consigned to the prospect of no more players coming in. I’m fully expecting a “go with what we’ve got” type interview next week after the deadline. 

Waynes took a lot of stick from a coaching perspective since he started, from the media and fans especially. For me he’s starting to prove this season he may have what it takes to cut it. I’ve enjoyed our start to the season, we’re playing decent football again, there’s an actual style of play developing but the squad is threadbare. The lack of options off the bench is stopping us from turning the tide of games back in our favour. Unfortunately he’s being severely let down by the people at the top of the club, with a few more players we would easily achieve survival this season.

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s the first time that Wayne has been consigned to the prospect of no more players coming in. I’m fully expecting a “go with what we’ve got” type interview next week after the deadline. 

Waynes took a lot of stick from a coaching perspective since he started, from the media and fans especially. For me he’s starting to prove this season he may have what it takes to cut it. I’ve enjoyed our start to the season, we’re playing decent football again, there’s an actual style of play developing but the squad is threadbare. The lack of options off the bench is stopping us from turning the tide of games back in our favour. Unfortunately he’s being severely let down by the people at the top of the club, with a few more players we would easily achieve survival this season.

I actual think the injury to Kaz is helping us. We look a lot more mobile and fluid up front. We still need goals though, I cannot see where goals are coming from in this team. I’d love to be proved wrong though. 

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I actual think the injury to Kaz is helping us. We look a lot more mobile and fluid up front. We still need goals though, I cannot see where goals are coming from in this team. I’d love to be proved wrong though. 

I agree, the fluidity and off the ball running up top has increased massively. I would be tempted to give Stretton a run of games. His movement and ability to get himself in the right position is meaning he’s getting chances in every game but he’s just not taking them, the goals will start to flow eventually I’m sure of it.

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Kaz will be an excellent impact sub. 

Given licence to go for it for thirty minutes or so, he will create havoc and make space for others. 

I think if we have the fluidity that we had in the first half yesterday, plenty of goals will come. 

I think we've got plenty of goals in us if we play like we did yesterday, particularly in the first half.

Stretton was millimetres from scoring, should have had at least one pen and with better decisions in the final third, could have had another two or three great opportunities.

Certainly feel we're much more of a threat than last season and much better without CKR up top on his own. ....as much as I love his effort and attitude, we're having to play differently without him. I do wonder if we'd signed Baldock before the season started whether that was the initial plan anyway and CKR would have been on the bench.

I initially questioned Rooney's appointment but I think he's doing a cracking job with what's at his disposal. Can't think of a game last season I enjoyed as much as the first half yesterday

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I agree, the fluidity and off the ball running up top has increased massively. I would be tempted to give Stretton a run of games. His movement and ability to get himself in the right position is meaning he’s getting chances in every game but he’s just not taking them, the goals will start to flow eventually I’m sure of it.

I really like Stretton’s movement and if we can actually pass the ball to him he will do well - I was celebrating yesterday when I thought he scored and he was extremely unlucky not to 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

we have looked good so far. But it’s a long season and a points deduction seems likely. So I think we need more depth 

We are doing ok and with a Turkish international a Polish international and an Irish international to come back.  I think we have a lot more depth than many other teams

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We are doing ok and with a Turkish international a Polish international and an Irish international to come back.  I think we have a lot more depth than many other teams

I know we’ve got good players to come back in but our squad is paper thin. A couple more injuries and we’re absolutely knackered. It’s a long, relentless season in the Championship and not having the option to rest / replace players will make life very difficult. Things look ok at the moment but it’s still August. 

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

We have Beilik Knight CKR and Baldock to come back. 

Not fussed if we don’t sign anyone. The goal is survival and we have enough for that

We (quite obviously) don't have enough strikers or players who can score goals, without strengthening we will struggle again. With more choice up front yesterday we'd easily have out-scored F*rest yesterday, we're creating more.