Embargo.

simmoram1995

I could reluctantly accept not being able to sign new players in this window. But surely we should be able to utilise our own squad without being limited to 23. How can that be fair that we cannot use our OWN young players like Cashin? Not fair on the club the players being held back or the supporters. That is just vindictive. 

1 hour ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

I initially questioned Rooney's appointment but I think he's doing a cracking job with what's at his disposal. Can't think of a game last season I enjoyed as much as the first half yesterday

I agree entirely . What I can't understand is why he spent the whole of his tenure last season trying to nullify the opposition. Yes I know it was a case of survival above all else, but surely playing like we did first half yesterday in only 2 or 3 games would have got more points than we actually managed. Those games with Bielik plus what we've seen this season does give me hope however.

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I agree entirely . What I can't understand is why he spent the whole of his tenure last season trying to nullify the opposition. Yes I know it was a case of survival above all else, but surely playing like we did first half yesterday in only 2 or 3 games would have got more points than we actually managed. Those games with Bielik plus what we've seen this season does give me hope however.

We didn't actually win yesterday. And whilst we didn't set out to play one way last season under Rooney that's not to say we didn't play well at times. But as was found out yesterday our weaknesses are still easy to see. Plus the squad was as inconstant last season as so far this. 

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We didn't actually win yesterday. And whilst we didn't set out to play one way last season under Rooney that's not to say we didn't play well at times. But as was found out yesterday our weaknesses are still easy to see. Plus the squad was as inconstant last season as so far this. 

No, I know we didn't win. However as I said, I can't believe that we wouldn't have won more points last season playing with an identity and with the squad we had compared to this season.

Just now, richinspain said:

No, I know we didn't win. However as I said, I can't believe that we wouldn't have won more points last season playing with an identity and with the squad we had compared to this season.

No Morrison, no Jags. Waghorn in that system? We stayed up, it wasn't easy. 

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Tough September to come, be interesting to see how we cope against better teams….

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No Morrison, no Jags. Waghorn in that system? We stayed up, it wasn't easy. 

Menghi, Gregory, Edmondson. Waghorn did ok in Lampard's team. I know it wasn't easy, but all I'm saying is that Rooney had what, 6 months more or less, to implement some sort of style on the team. There would have been games where he had to nullify the opposition, but surely we could have taken the game to the likes of Huddersfield, Wycombe, Luton......

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

Menghi, Gregory, Edmondson. Waghorn did ok in Lampard's team. I know it wasn't easy, but all I'm saying is that Rooney had what, 6 months more or less, to implement some sort of style on the team. There would have been games where he had to nullify the opposition, but surely we could have taken the game to the likes of Huddersfield, Wycombe, Luton......

Yeah can understand how easy it sounds. We only had The first three for limited amounts of time. Waghorn played one game well all season.

2 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

We have Beilik Knight CKR and Baldock to come back. 

Not fussed if we don’t sign anyone. The goal is survival and we have enough for that

The problem we have is that we were only allowed to sign Jagielka and Baldock due to the long term injuries to Bielik and CKR.  And we were only allowed to give them contracts to the end of the year.  Once those 2 are back, they take up the space in the 23 in January.

That’s one of reasons we need all this done and dusted.  Even if it’s after the window shuts at least we can give Jagielka and Baldock contracts to the end of the season, have flexibility to look at bring some of our younger players in and pick up free agents.  We could also look at renewing players contracts that expire at the end of the season.  And off the pitch a takeover may start to happen as any potential new owner has certainty.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah can understand how easy it sounds. We only had The first three for limited amounts of time. Waghorn played one game well all season.

Waghorn played well in the one game we tried to play our game and not the opposition's. Maybe he would have played better in more?

Anyway, it was just an aside. We stayed up last season playing against the opposition, I just felt that 6 months was enough to get some sort of identity. Hopefully Rooney will continue to try to implement our style even against better opposition this season.

43 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I could reluctantly accept not being able to sign new players in this window. But surely we should be able to utilise our own squad without being limited to 23. How can that be fair that we cannot use our OWN young players like Cashin? Not fair on the club the players being held back or the supporters. That is just vindictive. 

I'm not sure that this is the case, I think that Rooney is reluctant to play these players, in the hope that he can get rid of Marshall and sign someone else. If he were to play Cashin, this wouldn't be possible. I think that after Tuesday, he will be able to play anyone at the club.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I'm not sure that this is the case, I think that Rooney is reluctant to play these players, in the hope that he can get rid of Marshall and sign someone else. If he were to play Cashin, this wouldn't be possible. I think that after Tuesday, he will be able to play anyone at the club.

Hope you are right but don’t think you are. I think we are only allowed a squad of 23 but may be wrong. 

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Tough September to come, be interesting to see how we cope against better teams….

I have to agree, we have seemed to play some decent football but i think that's because of the opposition we have started the season against, other teams will not be so forgiving against the mistakes we are making. That's not the fault of Rooney or the team. It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of October. Our aging back line will struggle to cope with the pace of some of the more experienced faster players.

36 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I have to agree, we have seemed to play some decent football but i think that's because of the opposition we have started the season against, other teams will not be so forgiving against the mistakes we are making. That's not the fault of Rooney or the team. It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of October. Our aging back line will struggle to cope with the pace of some of the more experienced faster players.

As a club we tend to play better against the so called better teams. It’s normally the more physical / energetic teams we struggle against. When teams let us play a bit (as they believe that they will eventually win) we seem to play better. Obviously this doesn’t mean we win these games but hopefully performances will continue to be ok and we may surprise a few and win a couple?

On 26/08/2021 at 12:41, BramcoteRam84 said:

And in the case of outcome 2, even if this materialises, if they cannot deduct points for an FFP breach, they will make sure it takes them until after the transfer window has shut to confirm this. They will probably do their best to delay it to the closure of the second transfer window to disadvantage us as much as possible in lieu of not being able to deduct points.

I believe the EFL executive decides this and my understanding is that now comprises of Rick Parry, Trevor Birch, some independent non-exec directors, Nicholas Randall (Forest), Peter Ridsdale (Preston), Neil Bousor (Middlesbrough), along with some Lower league representation including Jez Moxey (Burton).

It is absolutely clear what the championship appointed club representatives will be advocating and why I will be amazed if we sign anyone else before the deadline.

I will also be amazed.