Embargo.

simmoram1995

9 points would be difficult to make up. Why should we accept it anyway? This is all on the EFL. It's their sheer incompetence dragging this on. They signed off the accounts and never complained. While I don't think we should accept a points deduction, if it meant we could sign some players and end this once and for all, I'd take 3 points.

Devil is in the detail that we don’t know here. If it was a cut and dried 9 points for breaching spending limits then there wouldn’t be a debate surely. My hunch is we’ve breached spending limits by 3 points, and they’re trying to impose the max 9 point penalty for aggravating factors. So 12 points but out of the goodness of their hearts they will suspend 3!! 

Let’s see what comes out but until the info is released the EFL are complete Bamfords

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

The negotiation will be down to the fact we could've sold players etc to change our p&s figures which we cannot do retrospectively now if we change the accounts after the inital sign off.

Seems like neither us nor the efl want it to go to a tribunal again which is good.

Maybe a 3pt deduction with an additional 3pts suspended?

All embargoes removed & we move forward

So the business plan bit could be interpreted as you must sell Buchanan to the forest cheaply to make the EFL boarded happy 

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

9 points would be difficult to make up. Why should we accept it anyway? This is all on the EFL. It's their sheer incompetence dragging this on. They signed off the accounts and never complained. While I don't think we should accept a points deduction, if it meant we could sign some players and end this once and for all, I'd take 3 points.

I think if we had done something totally innocently then I'd agree...but it feels to me more like we tried to bend the rules. Legally its maybe unfair but morally I'm ok with us taking a 3 point deduction, 3 points suspended and sign a couple of players. 

Edited by Chester40

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I maybe wrong but I think we could appeal against the punishment the EFL give us but not the verdict.

It makes sense to agree the punishment as it brings the issue to a close for both parties and removes the need for further appeals

If Percy is right it looks like we really breached the FFP in a number of seasons ???

9 points ????

The punishment for the EFL case was £100K. This is different it’s the restated accounts 

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Whilst I agree with most of that but just signing a few random players is rather difficult at this point so no deduction without full appeal for me 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

So the business plan bit could be interpreted as you must sell Buchanan to the forest cheaply to make the EFL boarded happy 

The business plan is a concerning bit. When Birmingham had one imposed, the EFL tried to make them sell Che Adams in the January for half of what they ended up getting for him in the summer, which they then charged Birmingham for doing. It would be quite galling to see players sold for a relative pittance just because the EFL insist upon us doing it.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The negotiation will be down to the fact we could've sold players etc to change our p&s figures which we cannot do retrospectively now if we change the accounts after the inital sign off.

Seems like neither us nor the efl want it to go to a tribunal again which is good.

Maybe a 3pt deduction with an additional 3pts suspended?

All embargoes removed & we move forward

A 3 point deduction with a 3 points suspended would be an excellent result.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we have done nothing wrong within the written rules at the time of any punishment we should dam well be challenging it and I don’t care how long it takes. 

But then Mel can’t sell and we can’t bring the players Rooney wants in 

we are up against a wall