Embargo.

simmoram1995

I've just read something along those lines on Twitter, let's see what happens on Tuesday. Can't see the embargo being lifted immediately unless EFL have already had sight of the accounts and have signed them off as ok. Time will tell......

Edited by RamontheMoor
Typo

8 seems a bit unnecessary 

Certainly need a striker, another centre back, a winger (although we aren’t really playing with wingers)

I thought Mel wanted managers to use our world class academy… if Rooney adds eight 30 year olds, like Rowett did, then I don’t understand the club at all 

9 minutes ago, Jram said:

8 seems a bit unnecessary 

Certainly need a striker, another centre back, a winger (although we aren’t really playing with wingers)

I thought Mel wanted managers to use our world class academy… if Rooney adds eight 30 year olds, like Rowett did, then I don’t understand the club at all 

I think you will find be likes of mengi and laim delap be park of signings.

Or perhaps take over about to happen 4th time of asking.

while I would welcome an end to the embargo because that would probably mean the accounts and fop are ok, I do not want us to sign 8 players more players this window. If players leave it may be different, but if we keep all the players then no. Near in mind that if the embargo ends the Cashin etc also become available.

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I've got to the stage now where i don't believe anything until it's reported as official, even them i'm dubious.

Yeah, this. Having said that, lets play 'Predict the 8'......

Haven't a clue so: 

Mengi   (Man U)

Delap    (Man C)

Roberts (Patrick)   (Man C)

Grosicki    (free agent I think)

Carroll (Andy)  (free agent)

Shoretire  (Man U)

Hannibal   (Man U)

Brannagan  (Oxford)

Eight would be too many imo. 

Edit: Wisdom of course ^^^

Edited by Rampant

56 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Anyone catch the 5 live reporter’s report about Derby apparently they’ve spoken to Rooney and he is hopeful our embargo might end as soon as Tuesday and he would like to add upto 8 new players to the squad? 

don't hold your breath, Rooney has been hopeful the embargo would end since the day it started. ?

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

. Also give Carroll ago. Could be a real handful if he could somehow stay fit 

I agree Carroll is a handful for defenders. But personally, i don't want to see hoofball again. Plus the fact he will probably only be fit for about 12 games, i don't think he's a worthwhile signing. 

When you consider the depth of our squad - much as we'd like to think otherwise, many of the youngsters are not yet 90 minute players and certainly not whole season signings. It does them no good struggling to play, they should play because they are good enough.

I don't think Rooney wants to settle for mid-table as an aim this season. If he gets more players in to allow depth and experience then we'll be going for top 6 - IMHO.