Embargo.

simmoram1995

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Tough September to come, be interesting to see how we cope against better teams….

we have only won one against the lesser teams, so think we will  struggle to get any wins in September. I think our first win will come when Bielik  returns, just like last season. He single handily saved our skins.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

we have only won one against the lesser teams, so think we will  struggle to get any wins in September. I think our first win will come when Bielik  returns, just like last season. He single handily saved our skins.

Even though we won 4 of 6 directly after his injury..

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Even though we won 4 of 6 directly after his injury..

Well, I suppose you can say we won 4 if you include the game he was injured in (Bristol City at home), we were leading 1-0 when he went off. 

But why pick 6? You could equally accurately say we won 3 matches out of 12 in the games played directly after the match in which he was injured. 

52 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, I suppose you can say we won 4 if you include the game he was injured in (Bristol City at home), we were leading 1-0 when he went off. 

But why pick 6? You could equally accurately say we won 3 matches out of 12 in the games played directly after the match in which he was injured. 

I was just pointing out that the comments are often made that it was only because of Bielik that we won games..and when he was injured it all fell to pieces straight away..I picked 6 because we won 4 of 6 directly after the injury..agree he played in the first but to be fair was crocked after 30 odd minutes..no doubting he is a really key player and we miss him massively..that goes without saying even though I've said it..

Edited by Yani P

2 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Be a long wait they are talking around Christmas for any sort of match action and that is with no set backs  and assuming he makes a full recovery. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think @angieramwill tell you that doesn’t scan. 

It doesn’t have to rhyme or scan or have a certain pattern of lines. It does need to paint a picture with carefully chosen words. It should have a point that a reader can respond to.   This doesn’t. It is in fact, how shall I put this in a nice way, crap

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

It doesn’t have to rhyme or scan or have a certain pattern of lines. It does need to paint a picture with carefully chosen words. It should have a point that a reader can respond to.   This doesn’t. It is in fact, how shall I put this in a nice way, crap

I quite liked the sentiment of it, tbh. I just think a song exists on its rhythm and messing about with the number of syllables destroys that rhythm. 

9 hours ago, angieram said:

I quite liked the sentiment of it, tbh. I just think a song exists on its rhythm and messing about with the number of syllables destroys that rhythm. 

I've tried to tidy up the lads' work a little. Not exactly iambic pentameter though and the last line still needs work...

We don't need transfer embargos,
We don't need no cash controls,
No points deductions, relegations,
Hey Gibson, **** off and die you ****** motherless son of a  **** eating goat.

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've tried to tidy up the lads' work a little. Not exactly iambic pentameter though and the last line still needs work...

We don't need transfer embargos,
We don't need no cash controls,
No points deductions, relegations,
Hey Gibson, **** off and die you ****** motherless son of a  **** eating goat.

I think the last line works perfectly