Embargo.

simmoram1995

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we’re not gonna be out of embargo to be able to sign players before the window shuts we may aswell continue talks to get the smallest deduction possible. 

Bang on.  The football decision is balancing the points deduction with a quick exit from the transfer embargo and whether we are confident of making up the difference with new players

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we’re not gonna be out of embargo to be able to sign players before the window shuts we may aswell continue talks to get the smallest deduction possible. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the closing of the Transfer Window as there are so many free agents available this year and they can be signed at any time - as long as the club is not under an embargo course.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sounds to me like even after selling the ground and finding £30 mil down the back of the sofa we’ve still managed to breach P&S. kinda shocking really. The only thing we don’t know is what years this breach relates to. 

Can the deduction realistically be for anything else?

We were £17.5m within the limit under the non-compliant amortisation method.
With an extra £30 that would have given us £47.5m headroom
We made purchases worth £57m in the 2015-2018 years.
£10m to be made up in an extreme case scenario
However, not all of the amortisation for Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Lawrence, etc falls inside the relevant period. Just for those 5 players, I estimate £8m to fall in the 18/19 accounts or onwards for a standard straight-line method taking into account contract extensions. Other players would also be taken into account, easing the position considerably.
With adjustments to amortisation, comes adjustments to transfer profit. I believe Ince and Weimann make up the majority of the variance. Roughly £4m extra.

If there is a breach, it won't be with the £30m sofa money.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We were £17.5m within the limit under the non-compliant amortisation method.
With an extra £30 that would have given us £47.5m headroom
We made purchases worth £57m in the 2015-2018 years.
£10m to be made up in an extreme case scenario
However, not all of the amortisation for Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Lawrence, etc falls inside the relevant period. Just for those 5 players, I estimate £8m to fall in the 18/19 accounts or onwards for a standard straight-line method taking into account contract extensions. Other players would also be taken into account, easing the position considerably.
With adjustments to amortisation, comes adjustments to transfer profit. I believe Ince and Weimann make up the majority of the variance. Roughly £4m extra.

If there is a breach, it won't be with the £30m sofa money.

you were very confident there wouldn't be a breach, still the case?

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the closing of the Transfer Window as there are so many free agents available this year and they can be signed at any time - as long as the club is not under an embargo course.

But that rules out any loan players we were wanting to add to the team. That’s generally where the added quality comes from. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

He blocked me for pointing that out to him one time, I think in similar circumstances on the eve of their big Derby match.

He blocked me for pointing out similar yesterday. Despite his reasonably good reputation, he's not always right. Derby have made him look a right mug once or twice in the last year, intentionally? Probably not. The best journalism I've seen lately has come from Matt Slater of The Athletic. I think Percy probably had a good source in the club a few years back, now, not so much. 

1 hour ago, TheSlate said:

He blocked me for pointing out similar yesterday. Despite his reasonably good reputation, he's not always right. Derby have made him look a right mug once or twice in the last year, intentionally? Probably not. The best journalism I've seen lately has come from Matt Slater of The Athletic. I think Percy probably had a good source in the club a few years back, now, not so much. 

A lot is guesswork...Most on Sky were reporting/saying in the studio that Harry Kane was on his way to Man City, Only a few said...But he's dealing with Daniel Levy.

Percy...Pah!!

5 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Concerned that Rooney has a target list and some of those players will  sign or be loaned elsewhere 

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I don't know, I just recall it, if you don't you probably didnt say it

If it's a made up amortisation policy then I'll be very surprised if we fail any year.

Straight-line (with extensions), I estimate the following:

Fail: 2017 (£6m), 2020 (£6m), 21 (£2.5m)

Pass: 2018 (£0m), 2019 (£3.5m)

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If it's a made up amortisation policy then I'll be very surprised if we fail any year.

Is that including the stadium sale and the “extra £30m”?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What would that entail points deduction wise if the efl followed there own letter of the law etc etc