Embargo.

simmoram1995

Anybody else had the thought cross their mind that Derby have released info to Percy to manage expectations?

Knowing we’re going to cop for a three point deduction, we use an unofficial comms route to indicate a 9pt penalty is on the table. Then bingo, a big reveal and the three point deduction doesn’t look so bad.

Expect a “brilliant rearguard action by Mel” narrative, so he saves face.

And expect a further six points suspended so the EFL save face too.

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Anybody else had the thought cross their mind that Derby have released info to Percy to manage expectations?

Knowing we’re going to cop for a three point deduction, we use an unofficial comms route to indicate a 9pt penalty is on the table. Then bingo, a big reveal and the three point deduction doesn’t look so bad.

I for one wouldn’t like it but can see the reasoning 

The EFL can't set the punishment unless we agree - if we don't, it goes to an independent tribunal to determine. 

What's the betting this has been leaked via the Forest chairman, who's on the EFL board, to undermine us ahead of Saturday? 

To put a bit of a critical eye on the article, Im not 100% sure where it’s come from? Derby and the EFL refuse to comment and there’s a bit of a hint the 9 point deduction is wanted from other clubs in line with the Birmingham punishment.

Could be wrong, but my cynical pro Derby stance suggests that this might be coming from someone a bit out of the scenario who’s trying to put a bit of pressure on the EFL to go for a harsher punishment.

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Well yeah, I said that 20 mins ago ?

Go get back on the sauce with Trampy.

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We can't "accept" a 9 point deduction (+3 pts suspended as the piece says) so we have to contest it, which means we remain in limbo for another year with the EFL achieving their intention of death by a thousand cuts. It's so miserable and depressing.

Then we excute plan XXZ - we take three points every game whether we win or lose and get promoted out of their grasp once and for ALL. 

TO THE GATES 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Far too many people on here willing to accept a punishment without knowing the full facts 

no doubt you all willingly accept a tiny pay rise or no pay rise - you have to stand up and have your day in court if as we have been told that we haven’t done anything wrong.

Occasionally my boss has a right go about something that's unfair. I can choose to take the telling off or debate it. Even having put my side across she could be adamant that what I claim she told me to do is not what she thinks she told me. I can continue to argue the toss or just move on. No,most people don't go on strike every time they don't get the pay rise they deserve, its not worth the hassle. Life isn't always 100 % fair. 

34 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The punishment for the EFL case was £100K. This is different it’s the restated accounts 

Yeah but all the headlines at the time were similar to the Telegrah tweet byline:

"Derby County close to EFL settlement with a points deduction still possible"

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Occasionally my boss has a right go about something that's unfair. I can choose to take the telling off or debate it. Even having put my side across she could be adamant that what I claim she told me to do is not what she thinks she told me. I can continue to argue the toss or just move on. No,most people don't go on strike every time they don't get the pay rise they deserve, its not worth the hassle. Life isn't always 100 % fair. 

Which is why it continues the way it has ?

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Haven't you learnt by now that a woman is never wrong.....

I'm very happy to be proved wrong, but wouldn't this cement our soft embargo until the we pass the latest P&S round? I think the hard embargo could be removed by settling the tax bill, but I seem to remember that as soon as a club is projected to fail P&S, they go into soft embargo and remain in it until they can demonstrate being in compliance. As we've not submitted any recent accounts, we can't show compliance.