Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

On 04/11/2021 at 13:30, BathRam72 said:

It doesn't appear to have made much difference in Lawrence's case.

However it does not in the slightest show that Rooney has a poor knowledge of football 

No doubt that Rooney has extensive playing experience, so one would expect he has gained a fair amount of football knowledge. Having sound judgement is a different attribute all together. Handing the captaincy to Lawrence obviously asks questions about that judgement. 

I really dont understand why Lawrence gets all the stick he does. Hes our best attacking player by a country mile. Rooney making captain Lawrence is trying to get more out of him. Davies should be captain is all i hear and see. So we would be 15 points better off would we? Davies is a leader on the pitch and off it. He dont need no arm band...but if the armband gets more out a player like Lawrence then its worth a gamble. Lawrence has done well this season so far in my opinion. 

Edited by DazzaRam

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If we can believe reports in the papers Captain Tom will be allowed to leave for free in January. Rooney will have to pick a new captain when he sees which players are still with us. We can debate all day long if Tom was good value for £37,000 a week, but getting that amount off the wage bill could help us keep Knight.

£37k a week? Can’t believe this figure. Seems way too high to be true. Where has this come from? 

£37,000 a week. My Christ. 

He’s a bang average second tier footballer who turns up about one game in six if you’re lucky. Not terrible, but hardly worth a mention. He’s not getting in a top six team put it that way. And we pay him thirty seven thousand English pounds. 

No idea why we are in the mess we are in. ?

8 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

I really dont understand why Lawrence gets all the stick he does. Hes our best attacking player by a country mile. Rooney making captain Lawrence is trying to get more out of him. Davies should be captain is all i hear and see. So we would be 15 points better off would we? Davies is a leader on the pitch and off it. He dont need no arm band...but if the armband gets more out a player like Lawrence then its worth a gamble. Lawrence has done well this season so far in my opinion. 

2 goals and 3 assist from 15 matches.

Thats a goal contribution every 3 games.

Curtis Davies has the same amount of goals.

If the armband gets more out of him, it only goes to highlight how poor he has been before.

8 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Agreed totally. Maybe wouldn't necessarily improve a players game, maybe will. What it definitely does is improve the attitude of that player.

Lawrence could be petulant at times and often react to a dodgy tackle which could for the most get him booked. That side has definitely improved haven been given responsibility.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 goals and 3 assist from 15 matches.

Thats a goal contribution every 3 games.

Curtis Davies has the same amount of goals.

If the armband gets more out of him, it only goes to highlight how poor he has been before.

What you seem to have done here is spun Lawrence contributing to the most goals out of anybody for us this season into a negative against him.

Dropped by Wales!!! He cannot even make the squad for their manager must feel that he his not doing enough in the Championship.

Tom needs to take an hard look at himself in the mirror, for after the Joiners debacle and the loss of his mum he has had far too much sympathy, sooner he his gone the better for the club.