Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Always thought Lawrence was a really weird choice for club captain.

Thought one of the pre requisites was leading by example...in retrospect that probably explains a lot about the recent performances....

There are 2 types of captain in football. Those that talk & motivate teamates through games, or those that are a bit quieter but lead by example. Lawrence is neither. 

16 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Agree with you Sparkle, said the same should have got rid 2 years ago, when idiots would have paid decent money for the overated and definetly overpaid flop, for me he is another Tom Ince mark 2.

Tom Ince was a far better player in my opinion.  He scored goals, had some pace and someone paid 10.5 million for him. 

Could only hear the RamsTV commentary for the second half whilst driving and son watched it but for a long time I thought Lawrence had been substituted. We really need players like him to give it all this season and he really doesnt seem to be for last few matches. As many have said really missed Shinnie tonight - would be genuinely interested to know if those who usually say he he offers nothing agree? 

10 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Why the hell is Tom Lawrence club captain?!

Davies, Jagielka, Shinnie... all three would be better choices.

We all know he wasn't chosen for his leadership qualities, because he doesn't have any. 

The reason why Rooney made him captain is to try and get more out of him as a player. He's one of the better players, one that has some ability but doesn't do it consistently.  

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We all know he wasn't chosen for his leadership qualities, because he doesn't have any. 

The reason why Rooney made him captain is to try and get more out of him as a player. He's one of the better players, one that has some ability but doesn't do it consistently.  

consistently...? He hasnt done it for 5 games total in 5 years.

The armband means absolutely nothing in this day and age. Davies, Jags and Shinnie are the leaders. I feel it was a desperate attempt to try and bring more out of Lawrence by giving him more responsibility. 

He's an ok champ player nothing more but I find it hard to blame him for our results and performance. Not a captain in the traditional form of the game

There's things in football that really get under my skin, I played a fairly good standard on Saturdays and Sundays, Saw a few players who could/should have made the grade ie Pro or Semi Pro, But they'd sooner go out on the lash, 2 have since passed through beer/drugs.

TL had the world at his feet, Welsh International, Scoring goals for us, Then Loses his Mother, And followed up with Joinergate, There's many including myself who've lost a loved one, It hurts and can bring you down, The sympathy I had for Lawrence during the time of Joinergate has gone, He's stealing a living from DCFC imo, He brings very little to our game, He certainly isn't Captain material, I'd Bin him in January and look for someone who has a good work ethic.

This Captain Tom showed what can be done if you have what it takes.

image.png.460d4424937dede59221b115788de49f.png

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

The armband means absolutely nothing in this day and age. Davies, Jags and Shinnie are the leaders. I feel it was a desperate attempt to try and bring more out of Lawrence by giving him more responsibility. 

He's an ok champ player nothing more but I find it hard to blame him for our results and performance. Not a captain in the traditional form of the game

I really don’t think he is an OK championship player, I think he is a busted flush. 
he will get himself a move to somewhere like Cardiff or Peterborough but that’s about It. 
honestly, would you be worried about him if he was playing against us? I wouldn’t 

the way he waved his leg at that challenge in the centre of the park last night was embarrassing. 

23 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Good to see that it only took a couple of bad results to see us go back to trashing individual players 

To be fair to Lawrence he’s one of our most productive attacking players this season along with Davies, Shinnie and Knight.

Sadly he is absolutely not and never has been captain material.

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I really don’t think he is an OK championship player, I think he is a busted flush. 
he will get himself a move to somewhere like Cardiff or Peterborough but that’s about It. 
honestly, would you be worried about him if he was playing against us? I wouldn’t 

the way he waved his leg at that challenge in the centre of the park last night was embarrassing. 

Yeah I was maybe being kind. I just think me like many others are just bored of these players making the same mistakes week in week out.

His half-arsed efforts to challenge headers, dangle a leg at challenges is nothing new.