Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

8 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

You can't beat a happy ending...... but in all seriousness Tom will want to resurrect his international career and i don't see him doing that with us especially if we drop a division. 

Agree with that but we can worry about it when it happens. @RoyMac5is probably right if we do go down.

12 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

You can't beat a happy ending...... but in all seriousness Tom will want to resurrect his international career and i don't see him doing that with us especially if we drop a division. 

Aaron Ramsey has dropped all the way down to the Scottish premiership to try and help his international career. Tom would be fine in league 1 if it comes to that. ?

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney speaking about captain Tom Lawrence:

"He's been excellent. I knew at the start of the season when I made him captain that some people would have said it was a controversial decision.

"But I've known Tom for a long time and know what he's capable of and knew that by giving him that extra responsibility it would up his game.

"He's a player who wants to be challenged and I think Tom is probably in the best form he's been in for a long time.

"He's scoring goals, creating goals but the other side of it which people don't really see that much is his work-rate is incredible.

"He's playing almost every minute of every game and although he's had issues in the past with getting cramp a lot, he's really worked hard on his diet and he's been magnificent."

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney speaking about captain Tom Lawrence:

"He's been excellent. I knew at the start of the season when I made him captain that some people would have said it was a controversial decision.

"But I've known Tom for a long time and know what he's capable of and knew that by giving him that extra responsibility it would up his game.

"He's a player who wants to be challenged and I think Tom is probably in the best form he's been in for a long time.

"He's scoring goals, creating goals but the other side of it which people don't really see that much is his work-rate is incredible.

"He's playing almost every minute of every game and although he's had issues in the past with getting cramp a lot, he's really worked hard on his diet and he's been magnificent."

I know this is a thread on TL10 - but a word for Wazza first, doesn't this just show his attention to detail?

He's had a rough time of it at Derby, some self-inflicted, some not, but it's amazing what you can do for a player when you stand by them. While I didn't agree with the difference in treatment of Keogh and Lawrence, we are reaping the benefits now. 

After watching Tom since he came here with his ability to go into hiding for several games at a time I honestly thought that when the call came for him to stand to, he’d be found still curled up in his sleeping bag.

But no! Emphatically no! Who knew we had a leader wearing number 10. Rooney did.

Lawrence has been a credit to himself the badge and the fans. Well done.

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

After watching Tom since he came here with his ability to go into hiding for several games at a time I honestly thought that when the call came for him to stand to, he’d be found still curled up in his sleeping bag.

But no! Emphatically no! Who knew we had a leader wearing number 10. Rooney did.

Lawrence has been a credit to himself the badge and the fans. Well done.

It has taken him a while but we now have a bit of shape to the team. He has also learned how to drop deep and find the space he needs.