Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A striker has 2 goals from 15 games, the same as a 35 year old centre back. 

If you don't see that as a negative I'm absolutely astounded.

Well he has played about two games as a striker this season (scored in both).

After that, I think it all depends on how the team is set up doesnt it. I suppose based on the criticism of him, the other players who play in that attacking midfield area of the pitch must be racking up some impressive numbers with Lawrence lagging behind. How many goals (and assists) do Jozwiak, Sibley and Knight have? I assume if they do not have many we may look for a deeper rooted issue within the team than Lawrence = bad?

As for Davies, I do not see the correlation. Firstly with his age, completely irrelevant so not sure why it’s included in your point. Secondly, the types of goals they will score are completely different unless you are also expecting Lawrence to get on the end of corners and free kicks? A high proportion of our total goals are scored from set pieces ergo a centre back will have a high proportion of our goals. 

I suppose it may also be worth noting that Lawrence’s goals and assists would be worth a significant number of points if not for individual errors that have cost us the games it’s happened in. Allsop v Luton, Davies v Barnsley, Roos v Forest and Millwall.

Dose of realism now needed i feel !! . 

Capt Tom plays 1 good match in 20 

We have 2 near 40 year olds at the heart of our defence 

We dont have a proper decent striker not one . 

We couldnt muster a proper go at barnsley which would have taken us above them in the first half at all ( this alone tells you everything you need to know ) 

Roll on the end of the season get us down , we are like a owner of a dog and that owner knows his dog should be taken to the vets to be put down ......hanging on in there hoping that when we get up the dog will be better . 

It doesnt matter if rooney stays or goes , would prefer him to stay for HIS SAKE and ours , think he has won alot of people over with his attitude .

Mr Curtis Davies a manager in waiting of DCFC . Hope he sticks around with us perm in the background until that day comes .

Just now, NottsRammy said:

Dose of realism now needed i feel !! . 

Capt Tom plays 1 good match in 20 

We have 2 near 40 year olds at the heart of our defence 

We dont have a proper decent striker not one . 

We couldnt muster a proper go at barnsley which would have taken us above them in the first half at all ( this alone tells you everything you need to know ) 

Roll on the end of the season get us down , we are like a owner of a dog and that owner knows his dog should be taken to the vets to be put down ......hanging on in there hoping that when we get up the dog will be better . 

It doesnt matter if rooney stays or goes , would prefer him to stay for HIS SAKE and ours , think he has won alot of people over with his attitude .

Mr Curtis Davies a manager in waiting of DCFC . Hope he sticks around with us perm in the background until that day comes .

Agreed. We're 6 wins (quixotically assuming the teams above us lose every single game) from even thinking about getting in the mix, putting that into context we've won 3 in 17 so far. 

I am sure Tom would like another 4 year , £37k a week deal at a new Championship club . Owners , managers and coaches will decide if he is worth it. There could be a agents bombarding him already. Bournemouth are interested they will have a good idea after Sunday. He is about due a goal.

Body language and price tags are so important in peoples' perception of players but it can often lead to false impressions. The best way to judge a player's ability is on appearances, whether multiple managers play them, who is interested in them when they might leave, and what other players say about them. Tom is generally first choice under God knows how many managers he has played under and there is a lot of clubs sniffing around him now. Making him captain seemingly makes little sense, yet the spirit of the team has been the best I've seen it for several years. Now this may be a coincidence, but if Davies/Shinnie/Jagielka were captain we would be lauding their leadership skills.

Steve McManaman had terrible body language and was widely disliked when playing for England yet he is one of few British players that were very successful abroad in the past 30 years. Probably our second best export in that time behind Gareth Bale.  

8 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Body language and price tags are so important in peoples' perception of players but it can often lead to false impressions. The best way to judge a player's ability is on appearances, whether multiple managers play them, who is interested in them when they might leave, and what other players say about them. Tom is generally first choice under God knows how many managers he has played under and there is a lot of clubs sniffing around him now. Making him captain seemingly makes little sense, yet the spirit of the team has been the best I've seen it for several years. Now this may be a coincidence, but if Davies/Shinnie/Jagielka were captain we would be lauding their leadership skills.

Steve McManaman had terrible body language and was widely disliked when playing for England yet he is one of few British players that were very successful abroad in the past 30 years. Probably our second best export in that time behind Gareth Bale.  

Chris waddle was decent abroad 

17 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Ahead of Jesus? Must be some player.