Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I don't have an issue with Tom, I can see what he brings to the team. His scoring goals like the 2 yesterday have come at a good time. Perhaps we might get some money for him in January? Either way if he goes in Jan or not he will  not be with us next season

a good captain goes down with the ship?

the captain GIF

Be interesting to see what happens with his contract, he's not a League 1 player, far from it and we would be foolish not to try and extend within the parameters the EFL have set, if that's even possible.

Will there be some loyalty with the way the club stood by him following the Joiners incident and his mothers death? Give it a season to bounce back, if not have an agreement to sell.

Hard to say, but I hope we do manage to keep hold of him, assets are thin on the ground right now, can't really afford to lose another.

Rooney clearly rates him to hand him the captains armband, even if it has been somewhat of a controversial move.

We have waited a long time to see the Lawrence that was so good at Ipswich . There is no doubt that he has his heart set on playing in the Qatar World Cup. After all in can be a once in a lifetime event . If he is going to win his place back in the Wales squad he will have to be playing for a top Championship team.  Let’s pray it is with us