Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

? #COYR

Nice to get a relatively positive article for a change. 

I know what Tom has been through, having lost both my parents as a teenager; glad I didn't have to mourn and live though my mistakes in the public gaze.

I so want him to succeed as captain and help Derby to better times. 

Good luck, Tom.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Nice to get a relatively positive article for a change. 

I know what Tom has been through, having lost both my parents as a teenager; glad I didn't have to mourn and live though my mistakes in the public gaze.

I so want him to succeed as captain and help Derby to better times. 

Good luck, Tom.

Good luck to him too, could be the making of him,I very much hope so??

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be glad to see the back of him. No ducking effort tonight. Less talent.

Rooney's decision could have proved to be an inspired one (and, in truth, I suppose it could still be). I really hoped it would work and lead to more consistent performances from Tom. So far though, I don't think it's been a success. Some are natural leaders on the pitch and thrive on the extra pressure of being captain. I don't think Tom's one of those people.

3 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Rooney's decision could have proved to be an inspired one (and, in truth, I suppose it could still be). I really hoped it would work and lead to more consistent performances from Tom. So far though, I don't think it's been a success. Some are natural leaders on the pitch and thrive on the extra pressure of being captain. I don't think Tom's one of those people.

Yeah, it could have been an inspired choice. But it hasn't been. Time to call it a mistake, it can't make Lawrence any worse.

15 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Shinnie or Davies for me

Remember he's been playing out of position much if the season. He was probably made captain to try and boost his market value, on the pitch he isn't the captain at all. That's Jags or Davies.

I honestly think he's been poorly coached his entire time here. He's never played in a system that suites him. Got a lot of talent but never fulfilled it.

And what's with his shooting? Why does he feel the need to put so much power and topspin on every shot? Why has no one ever told/taught him to use the inside of his foot?

3 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

And what's with his shooting? Why does he feel the need to put so much power and topspin on every shot? Why has no one ever told/taught him to use the inside of his foot?

I've also thought this for a long time. The way he shoots, 1 in 50 is a worldie in the top corner. The other 49 are out the stadium.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

I've also thought this for a long time. The way he shoots, 1 in 50 is a worldie in the top corner. The other 49 are out the stadium.

But then part of me thinks, when he skilled 3 of their players and got his shirt pulled back, even if he got away what does he do next? No support, miles from goal.