Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

Remember that Billy Davies team that got promoted. Those players should never have taken us up, the reason they went up was Billy managed to create a togetherness, fighting spirit.

It wasn’t pretty, but it worked.

You don’t always need the best players, the best tactical managers, all you need is that belief and fight.

Sadly as fans, we’re too quick to kick players and managers down, League 1 at best, we don’t get behind them when they are out of form, having a bad game, we boo and take to the internet to call them all names under the sun.

Fans alone can’t win football games, but we can help win them by playing our part. Turning Pride Park into a ground to be feared, being “supporters” but forget it.

Rooney out, boooooo

Lawrence you’re poo, booooo

6 minutes ago, David said:

Remember that Billy Davies team that got promoted. Those players should never have taken us up, the reason they went up was Billy managed to create a togetherness, fighting spirit.

It wasn’t pretty, but it worked.

You don’t always need the best players, the best tactical managers, all you need is that belief and fight.

Sadly as fans, we’re too quick to kick players and managers down, League 1 at best, we don’t get behind them when they are out of form, having a bad game, we boo and take to the internet to call them all names under the sun.

Fans alone can’t win football games, but we can help win them by playing our part. Turning Pride Park into a ground to be feared, being “supporters” but forget it.

Rooney out, boooooo

Lawrence you’re poo, booooo

David not sure you can turn the likes of Jimbo and Tyler and 

MackworthRamIsGod they are entrenched in their views 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

David not sure you can turn the likes of Jimbo and Tyler and 

MackworthRamIsGod they are entrenched in their views 

Not out to turn anybody, just putting my opinion out there with everyone else’s.

Don’t think it’s fair to call 3 members out either, they are not the only 3 that want Rooney out.

If someone on the fence with Rooney and reads my posts, thinks you know what I do agree, let’s just get behind him, great.

It works both ways as well, other fans could argue I’m entrenched in my views, which I am on this.

Nobody will convince me we should be calling for Rooney’s head and bringing a negative atmosphere into the ground, first game of the season. They just won’t.

Just now, David said:

Not out to turn anybody, just putting my opinion out there with everyone else’s.

Don’t think it’s fair to call 3 members out either, they are not the only 3 that want Rooney out.

If someone on the fence with Rooney and reads my posts, thinks you know what I do agree, let’s just get behind him, great.

It works both ways as well, other fans could argue I’m entrenched in my views, which I am on this.

Nobody will convince me we should be calling for Rooney’s head and bringing a negative atmosphere into the ground, first game of the season. They just won’t.

You forget I read this forum 

I’m not calling them out they give their views regularly and piss a lot of people off. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not calling them out they give their views regularly and piss a lot of people off. 

If you’re pissed off with others opinions, I’m not sure what to say ?

I get frustrated, frustrated coming on here and reading the barrage of negativity towards the club as I don’t believe it helps or warranted in some cases, but not pissed off.

I could ban them all if you like, ban anyone that’s negative, but there wouldn’t be much to talk about.

Just now, David said:

If you’re pissed off with others opinions, I’m not sure what to say ?

I get frustrated, frustrated coming on here and reading the barrage of negativity towards the club as I don’t believe it helps or warranted in some cases.

I could ban them all if you like, ban anyone that’s negative, but there wouldn’t be much to talk about.

Who mentioned banning. 

I know what that’s like it’s not nice. 

I just want more balance on here that’s all. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Stick em on the ignore list and then you can chillax mate.

Just now, Curtains said:

Who mentioned banning. 

I know what that’s like it’s not nice. 

It's tough reading some of the relentlessly negative posts on here (not least because they tend to be from posters who repeat themselves ad nauseum). 

For that reason I feel for you, Curtains, they get me down too.

However, the only way to get balance is for the more positive posters to post more often (and repeat ourselves ad nauseum. ?)

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

However, the only way to get balance is for the more positive posters to post more often (and repeat ourselves ad nauseum. ?)

Angie nailed it as usual, if you want balance the more positive people need to speak up.

That can be draining though so I understand why some can’t be bothered.

Saying that, an argument could be made that actually there isn’t much to be positive about and this is a true reflection of the feeling out there.

But I’ll argue that point back with, if the feeling is that strong, why no protests outside the ground?

We’ve seen Arsenal, United and Liverpool fans outside their stadiums over the Super League proposals.

Are those that accusing others of blind support, being just as blind by not actively protesting outside the stadium?

You could flip these around all day long, but that’s what the forum is about, discussion. I would urge any fan regardless of what side of the fence you sit on to get involved, voice your opinions.

More the better!

1 minute ago, David said:

Angie nailed it as usual, if you want balance the more positive people need to speak up.

That can be draining though so I understand why some can’t be bothered.

Saying that, an argument could be made that actually there isn’t much to be positive about and this is a true reflection of the feeling out there.

But I’ll argue that point back with, if the feeling is that strong, why no protests outside the ground?

We’ve seen Arsenal, United and Liverpool fans outside their stadiums over the Super League proposals.

Are those that accusing others of blind support, being just as blind by not actively protesting outside the stadium?

You could flip these around all day long, but that’s what the forum is about, discussion. I would urge any fan regardless of what side of the fence you sit on to get involved, voice your opinions.

More the better!

I don’t think Angie has nailed it completely.

How can you stop someone with a vendetta against Derby County or a Manager posting constant negativity.

No amount of arguing the opposite views will cease them from doing it and in fact it makes them do it more  

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's tough reading some of the relentlessly negative posts on here (not least because they tend to be from posters who repeat themselves ad nauseum). 

For that reason I feel for you, Curtains, they get me down too.

I agree it is tough. I also find it frustrating given whatever the topic the same few try to turn it around to fit their agenda. It’s a shame as I actually have some sympathy with their argument but am turned against it because of their incessant desire to get it across. Lastly for me though it’s gone beyond that now, whatever the rights or wrongs of the Club, Uncle Mel or Stephen Pearce in the run up to where we are now, it’s now become a siege mentality for me as the EFL appear to be after us at all cost. Enough is enough, It’s time to all come together, circle the wagons and fight our corner until the bitter end. In fighting & bickering does us no good at all and only benefits our enemies. Forget the past it’s now us against the rest. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

How can you stop someone with a vendetta against Derby County or a Manager posting constant negativity.

No amount of arguing the opposite views will cease them from doing it and in fact it makes them do it more  

You don’t stop it. 

You can’t stop others from having different opinions. 

All you can do is put your thoughts on why you think they have it wrong across, whilst being open minded as to why they feel like they do.

Some of the Rooney out stuff I get where they are coming from, but I feel more strongly that he was thrown into a difficult situation where we was in survival mode.

I could flip this again, but don’t want to argue for both sides, made it clear where I stand, but just as I say be open minded and continue to put your thoughts across.

I think the negativity in response to this story from many is mainly because we do need a leader as manager who does pull everyone together against the negativity reflected towards the club and the position we are in to make a positive and bring everyone together as David and many of us want. If the story has any truth in it then Wayne is not the person for that. However, the constantly repeated negative thread themes and comments are extremely depressing. I and others have tried to start more footballing or positive type threads and while they work for a couple of hours the barrage swallows them quite quickly. I think people have given up with that. Even my go to happy thread about Miekle the puppy's training has potentially sad news this week. The problem is there are so many different issues facing the club and we all care so much, the threads just reflect everyones deep concerns rather than just being contrary for the sake of it. I guess it is easier and possibly better for people to vent on here than towards their nearest and dearest. Trying to see the positive, the threads and comments on the whole do reflect how much we all passionately love the club but people have different ways of expressing that. 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You can't stop that, but there's a handy little "ignore" button. I can't help wondering whether a few posters actually realise they are just talking to themselves most of the time? ?

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You cant - free speech. Not fair on mods to decide when someone has crossed the line. I used to try and argue with the person who winds me up most but they do want that so the best is to ignore such comments. If everyone did the point in posting them disappears

2 minutes ago, David said:

You don’t stop it. 

You can’t stop others from having different opinions. 

All you can do is put your thoughts on why you think they have it wrong across, whilst being open minded as to why they feel like they do.

Some of the Rooney out stuff I get where they are coming from, but I feel more strongly that he was thrown into a difficult situation where we was in survival mode.

I could flip this again, but don’t want to argue for both sides, made it clear where I stand, but just as I say be open minded and continue to put your thoughts across.

That’s the problem though with putting your  thoughts out there because you have to have a strong constitution and broad shoulders to deal with the brickbats and you think I’ll just say forget it and move on. 

Never mind I’m not sure where I’m going with this so I will move on .

Have a nice day mate