Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, David said:

We do not get Mount, Tomori and Wilson if it wasn’t for Lampard.

You can’t sign those kind of players on loan in January.

This is the summer, barely been any transfer activity at the minute, but who’s to say will want to come and play for Rooney.

The guy is a legend in the game, forget the memes, many will be in awe of what he has achieved and want to spend a year under him, soaking up all they can.

It’s another reason why it makes sense to stick with him.

10 games in, struggling, look like we’re heading for another relegation battle, that’s when you look to pull the trigger but you still have those players at the club. 

It’s a risk, but so is sacking him and bringing in whoever.

Maybe the club have a list of players ready to go, can see the quality and Rooney lure to pull it off.

As you say, this may even include staff changes.

I notice Nicky Butt is still without a club.

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s the problem though with putting your  thoughts out there because you have to have a strong constitution and broad shoulders to deal with the brickbats and you think I’ll just say forget it and move on. 

Never mind I’m not sure where I’m going with this so I will move on .

Have a nice day mate 

Last post on this as it’s derailing the topic, but that’s exactly what you need.

I’ve been through a massive learning curve over the years, like to think I’ve developed thick skin but it’s not impenetrable, far from it, I don’t think anyone truly is which is why I will regularly rant at those directly mentioning players on Twitter with their bile.

Robbie Savage used to go on forums to defend himself, not this one, believe it was back in the DET days. 

Easy to sit here and think he doesn’t give a poo, he’s got that F U money, but clearly he did.

That was part of my learning curve, I used to hammer the guy on here, and I mean hammer him. 

Let’s be honest, you’ve hammered a few players and managers yourself from time to time! ?

End of the day though, when you put your opinions out on a public forum, you have to accept alternative views, it’s great having 50 positive reactions to your post, makes you think you’re not completely bonkers, but some days your post won’t get those reactions and you will think you’re going bonkers, what is going on in the world.

Just do what you do and try not to let it grind you down. Won’t be long before we have some football to actually talk about.

Got a 10th anniversary party to get ready for anyhow so have fun, I’m out for the day!

37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think Angie has nailed it completely.

How can you stop someone with a vendetta against Derby County or a Manager posting constant negativity.

No amount of arguing the opposite views will cease them from doing it and in fact it makes them do it more  

Curtains, most threads have a few people set in their own opinion and nothing will move them.  They tend to be so self invested that even exploring an opposing view would be seen as accepting an insult.  I read their comments for balance but I rarely engage with them because it is of no value.  We disagree from time to time but both respectfully leave the exchanges if we have said all we have to.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Last post on this as it’s derailing the topic, but that’s exactly what you need.

I’ve been through a massive learning curve over the years, like to think I’ve developed thick skin but it’s not impenetrable, far from it, I don’t think anyone truly is which is why I will regularly rant at those directly mentioning players on Twitter with their bile.

Robbie Savage used to go on forums to defend himself, not this one, believe it was back in the DET days. 

Easy to sit here and think he doesn’t give a poo, he’s got that F U money, but clearly he did.

That was part of my learning curve, I used to hammer the guy on here, and I mean hammer him. 

Let’s be honest, you’ve hammered a few players and managers yourself from time to time! ?

End of the day though, when you put your opinions out on a public forum, you have to accept alternative views, it’s great having 50 positive reactions to your post, makes you think you’re not completely bonkers, but some days your post won’t get those reactions and you will think you’re going bonkers, what is going on in the world.

Just do what you do and try not to let it grind you down. Won’t be long before we have some football to actually talk about.

Got a 10th anniversary party to get ready for anyhow so have fun, I’m out for the day!

Have a lovely day 

2 hours ago, David said:

If Rooney doesn’t resign, we have to sack him, to sack him will cost money. 

Now the club have to look at this and say ok, do we believe in Rooney or not and take the financial hit.

You also then have to look at replacements, Evatt the name which gets thrown around, that will still cost to bring him in.

It’s ok coming up with dream managerial combos, but Wassall and McClaren might not even have any interest in the job. 

McClaren was at Uni studying to move upstairs into a comfy office running a club.

Rooney is still here so that says they believe in him, which also means the players believe in him as it’s pretty obvious when they don’t.

So no, our best chance is actually just getting behind the bloke and give him that chance.

Draw a line under last season and see what happens.

Sitting here calling for his head, helping to continue this negative atmosphere which will spread like wildfire over the internet and follow into the ground when we can get back in, will be actively working against us.

Carry on though if that’s what you want, disagree strongly with what’s going on but it’s your voice to use.

My point was a Wassall/Steve Mac combo if Wazza walked which is the subject of this thread I think. They are already at the club (I think Macca is still???) and so that would be the most cost effective way of replacing Wazza should he decide he wants to move on to better things. I am well aware that we can't afford to sack Wazza, if we could he wouldn't still be in a job. Very few Managers survive with his record, Cocu didn't with a better one. I think I am entitled to my view that my preference would be for Wazza not to be at the club. I didn't want him as a player and appointing a novice Manager at the time Mel did was ridiculous, should never have happened. Wanting a change of Manager doesn't affect my support for DCFC, once supporters are allowed back in to the ground I will be cheering on the team as I always do, I have never ever booed a Derby player or Manager and never will. Doesn't make me less of a fan or less worthy than those who want Wazza to remain.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

You can't stop that, but there's a handy little "ignore" button. I can't help wondering whether a few posters actually realise they are just talking to themselves most of the time? ?

My Ignore list is growing by the minute. ?

The lack of respect to certain players, staff & the manager is embarrassing imo.

Rooney took the team over when we were rock bottom we then went on to achieve a good run, playing well and he pulled us up the table.

Then we got bad injuries to key players, this would dent any team, especially a team that's thread bare anyway. We couldn't bring in anyone till late on in the jan window due to embargos.

Of those loans, most got injured and were of no use. 

Funny how some of those who are calling for his head were the ones defending Mac when we failed to get promoted with the excuse of losing our main players that season due to injury!!, you can't have it both ways. Mac didn't take on a team that was rock bottom of the league with a thread bare squad.

Do i think Rooney has done well?, No, but I take into account the hand he's been dealt. No funds, rock bottom team, embargos & injuries to his key players.

Anyone who thinks we deserve to be pushing for top six with this squad needs to give their heads a wobble. Lampard only just made the top 6 with players like Mount, Wilson & Tomori. Without those players and the 23 goals mount & wilson contributed we would have not even made the top 6.

Rooney deserves at least 7-10 games this season, with funding, his own players and a pre season to work on the way he want's to play.

If after those games were struggling and he's had all of those things above, then I think it'll not be unreasonable to look elsewhere.

We'll potentially be in league one, were under an embargo & have no money to buy players. Its a tough first gig

A part of me feels sorry for wayne. He has zero backing to bring players in & the club has been a clown show. Its not good for his managerial career but there is a part of me that thinks he could do better with what he has. 

Im not bothered if he stays or goes. Id like him to stay and it all work out, but at the same time i wouldn't blame him for walking.   

5 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

My Ignore list is growing by the minute. ?

The lack of respect to certain players, staff & the manager is embarrassing imo.

Rooney took the team over when we were rock bottom we then went on to achieve a good run, playing well and he pulled us up the table.

Then we got bad injuries to key players, this would dent any team, especially a team that's thread bare anyway. We couldn't bring in anyone till late on in the jan window due to embargos.

Of those loans, most got injured and were of no use. 

Funny how some of those who are calling for his head were the ones defending Mac when we failed to get promoted with the excuse of losing our main players that season due to injury!!, you can't have it both ways. Mac didn't take on a team that was rock bottom of the league with a thread bare squad.

Do i think Rooney has done well?, No, but I take into account the hand he's been dealt. No funds, rock bottom team, embargos & injuries to his key players.

Anyone who thinks we deserve to be pushing for top six with this squad needs to give their heads a wobble. Lampard only just made the top 6 with players like Mount, Wilson & Tomori. Without those players and the 23 goals mount & wilson contributed we would have not even made the top 6.

Rooney deserves at least 7-10 games this season, with funding, his own players and a pre season to work on the way he want's to play.

If after those games were struggling and he's had all of those things above, then I think it'll not be unreasonable to look elsewhere.

nailed it mate , spot on

Wazza, if that's the way you feel and you really think it was appropriate to vocalise your thoughts right now, do us all a favour and just duck off. You knew the situation when you took the job so if you've not got the stomach for a fight, go find another club willing to take a punt on you. I, for one, won't miss you.

All you've achieved is to heap further uncertainty on a club that stuck with you when most wanted you gone. If we are taken over, I hope and pray that the first undertaking of the new owners is to jog you the duck on.

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wazza, if that's the way you feel and you really think it was appropriate to vocalise your thoughts right now, do us all a favour and just duck off. You knew the situation when you took the job so if you've not got the stomach for a fight, go find another club willing to take a punt on you. I, for one, won't miss you.

All you've achieved is to heap further uncertainty on a club that stuck with you when most wanted you gone. If we are taken over, I hope and pray that the first undertaking of the new owners is to jog you the duck on.

Not been reading David’s posts then I take it. ?

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Not been reading David’s posts then I take it. ?

I think it's a fair caveat and one @David himself may even agree with.

If that's how he feels, he's part of the problem. He knew the situation, he should be prepared to lead the fight. 

If he's considering quitting I'd be very happy for him to walk away. We need a leader willing to fight.