Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

Edited by Curtains

This saga now just comes across as a vindictive face-saving exercise by the EFL and payback for all Mel's sniping at them over the years. We've made it easy for them by streching and bending the rules - giving them a convenient stick to beat us with.

You're not telling me that we accidentally used an accounting practice that no other club uses and then failed to highlight it properly in our submitted paperwork.

Mel & everyone else at DCFC thought they were cleverer than the EFL, which probably is the case but if you continually tread on the beast's tail, you're gonna get bitten at some point.

Edited by Wolfie

The crucial part to remember is that the accounting method we used is not cheating - it’s an acceptable way of depreciating assets and was signed off by both our accountants and the EFLs. It only became an issue when McGuire highlighted it and the EFL decided we were trying to pull a fast one….FFP has backed ambitious owners into a corner where they either get creative in the hope they can gain a small advantage out else think ‘to hell with it’ and chuck the kitchen sink at getting promoted by completely ignoring FFP. We won’t be the last team to suffer at the hands of the EFL and FFP…..

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

I agree the EFL are a joke and we need to stick together but I fail to see how Morris and Pearce should be exempt from any blame ( and that’s coming from a Mel supporter). They have allowed the club to find itself in the perilous financial position it’s in and tried to avoid sanctions with an accounting practice that now seem to be against the rules. They gambled and lost.

As for Wycombe, as others have said, they’re not the enemy here and I’m not sure what they’ve done wrong. Yes, they benefited from the points per game ruling that saw them promoted and may yet benefit from Derby receiving a points deduction but, none of that is their doing.

13 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The crucial part to remember is that the accounting method we used is not cheating - it’s an acceptable way of depreciating assets and was signed off by both our accountants and the EFLs.

That's my take on it. However, there is plenty of other stuff to blame Morris and co for: Not documenting their new policy properly, in the accounts or by keeping our own records of how we calculated the valuations.  Not appointing our own expert to the disciplinary panel.  And that's before you get to the massive overspending on stupid signings, hire 'em fire 'em approach to managers and so on.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, its time for us all to stick together. #WeAreAllDerby

I think this is an important point.

Mel and Co will be desperate to turn things around for Derby County but if they come on here they will wonder if it’s worth it. They will read I’ve had enough, that’s me out, I’m not renewing etc.

Similarly, any potential owner might want a barometer of this great football club with long tradition and passionate fans, only to find a bitter bunch who quit when the going gets tough.

One of the things I am most looking forward to is getting on a train up to Pride Park and cheering on Derby in whatever league we find ourselves.

This club will survive but it will need its fans behind it.

Please don't blame Mel and Pierce?! Are you serious? So who are we to blame? The tooth fairy? Mary Poppins? The EFL? Mel and Pierce are the two sole individuals responsible for our current predicament, they run the club for christ's sake (very badly might I add). The sooner they both duck of the better, and I for one will be glad to see the back of them. Totally incompetent the both of them, and I don't give a rats if "his heart is in the right place". Mel has a duty of care and responsibility towards our club. He has failed miserably. Go back to making games, and leave running a football club to people who know what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

One of the things I am most looking forward to is getting on a train up to Pride Park and cheering on Derby in whatever league we find ourselves.

This club will survive but it will need its fans behind it.

Well said. The time for recriminations is not now.

It’s remarkable that in one transfer window under this ownership and leadership, we spent more than Borussia Dortmund.

We’ve broken our transfer record. Twice.

While the legality of what we have done is up for debate, the fact it was a high stakes gamble is not. We had half a decade to get promoted before the losses caught up with us, and we didn’t get promoted.

The main reason we are in this mess is that vast sums of money has been spent on players, management and compensation, none of which has made the footballing side of the club any better than it was in 2014. It’s kept us competitive for most of that time, granted, but it’s a hopelessly inefficient way of doing it fraught with risk.

Just because the EFL have behaved abhorrently does not mean that we can’t look inward and acknowledge the reckless mismanagement that has squandered tens of millions of pounds for zero gain.

Edited by Duracell

For an organisation to approve and sign off on accounts for 3 seasons, to then turn round and say hold up, you know how we approved those accounts? Yeah, we don’t anymore and decided we want to retrospectively punish you by relegating you. 

Whatever your thoughts on Mel, the signings, appointments the colour of his shoes, this is just insanity, it honestly is and it’s vindictive insanity even taking club bias out.

This case should worry every single owner, manager and fan of clubs under the shambolic EFL pyramid.

Including that Championship club where the owner owns another club over in Greece, transferring players between each other to circumvent FFP restrictions without even trying to hide it and the EFL are blind to it.

Our real crime here let’s be honest is being better than Middlesbrough one season, that’s the big issue here. 

We’ve upset this little bloke up North sat in his half empty stadium so much he’s had his lawyers out to shake the EFL suits up.

Then you have that Karen Maguire over on Twitter sticking his great big spoon into the mix as it gives him a hard on and appearances on rogue radio stations and podcasts.

Absolute joke.

Nobody from the EFL will read this, but if somehow you do, fine yourself, fine yourself for being an inept organisation and if you’re serious about looking out for the best interests of the member clubs, sell up, hand the leagues over as you have shown time after time you are incapable of running them, you’re an embarrassment.

#FuckTheEFL

21 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Please don't blame Mel and Pierce?! Are you serious? So who are we to blame? The tooth fairy? Mary Poppins? The EFL? Mel and Pierce are the two sole individuals responsible for our current predicament, they run the club for christ's sake (very badly might I add). The sooner they both duck of the better, and I for one will be glad to see the back of them. Totally incompetent the both of them, and I don't give a rats if "his heart is in the right place". Mel has a duty of care and responsibility towards our club. He has failed miserably. Go back to making games, and leave running a football club to people who know what they are doing.

Not a big fan then.....

2 minutes ago, David said:

For an organisation to approve and sign off on accounts for 3 seasons, to then turn round and say hold up, you know how we approved those accounts? Yeah, we don’t anymore and decided we want to retrospectively punish you by relegating you. 

Whatever your thoughts on Mel, the signings, appointments the colour of his shoes, this is just insanity, it honestly is and it’s vindictive insanity even taking club bias out.

This case should worry every single owner, manager and fan of clubs under the shambolic EFL pyramid.

Including that Championship club where the owner owns another club over in Greece, transferring players between each other to circumvent FFP restrictions without even trying to hide it and the EFL are blind to it.

Our real crime here let’s be honest is being better than Middlesbrough one season, that’s the big issue here. 

We’ve upset this little bloke up North sat in his half empty stadium so much he’s had his lawyers out to shake the EFL suits up.

Then you have that Karen Maguire over on Twitter sticking his great big spoon into the mix as it gives him a hard on and appearances on rogue radio stations and podcasts.

Absolute joke.

Nobody from the EFL will read this, but if somehow you do, fine yourself, fine yourself for being an inept organisation and if you’re serious about looking out for the best interests of the member clubs, sell up, hand the leagues over as you have shown time after time you are incapable of running them, you’re an embarrassment.

#FuckTheEFL

Don't often 100% agree with David, but this is spot on.

Imagine you as a consumer, having a mortgage on a house, you pay the bank what was agreed for the last three years, then another bank comes along and says it isn't fair and then you as an end consumer get a £10k fine. That wouldn't be fair would it?

I think the proof will be in the resubmitted accounts tbh. If we fail it will be proven that Mel And Gibson we’re cooking the books so to speak and are to blame, to a degree. But I agree the EFL aren’t any better and deserve as much blame as DCFC. 
just a shambles really all round!