Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

I don't agree Mel is blameless at all and in fact think he's been a bloody nightmare especially over the last couple of seasons and didn't IMO need to go on talksport and in a way stoke up the EFL  but do agree we as fans need to get onside with this and stand together because we are in a mess....when Mel and co have gone WE WILL STILL BE HERE supporting this club home and away

Players,Managers,Chairman,Owners etc come and go but we as fans are forever.............................

I do like the idea of us fans raising the 100k and presenting it to the EFL on DCFC's behalf...it would be great publicity and send a message to all the bamfords in the EFL including arses like Gibson that we are Derby and we are not going away

We have been good members of the EFL over the years with good attendances and a good record and we need to stand together and be heard.

I don't know if David could possibly organise a fund raising appeal but someone said 4000 at 25 quid which I think sounds reasonable but I will be happy to put a 100 quid in ....i've saved well over that not being able to travel to games 

Both are guilty on failing the supporter's on running our club in a correct manner, at least the dream of acadamy lads will be there for all to see next season plus any one who's half decent from the Sunday Taverners League please form an ordally que

7 minutes ago, falconram said:

Both are guilty on failing the supporter's on running our club in a correct manner, at least the dream of acadamy lads will be there for all to see next season plus any one who's half decent from the Sunday Taverners League please form an ordally que

What a contradiction you say they have failed then laud the Academy.

Then you imply Taverners players are better than the Academy players 

Oh the irony 

The Taverners bit is tongue in cheek, they have failed us with the money the club has generated in extra tv revenues, big games against prem clubs, playoff monies, catering, we have over spent. The acadamy is bearing fruit but for Dcfc they have to sell at a tidy profit to make it worth while. 

A few season s back my mate found a job advertised at Dcfc and it was to grow the acadamy but also make money from the acadamy, that is what we know have to do. 

The whole thing is a mess mess, mess, it's worse than winding up order than in the 80s, I feel for the very survival of my club. 

I have raised a lot of money for this club with ticket sales a few seasons back and I'm totally hacked off with it and some of the supporters. 

19 hours ago, Spanish said:

The EFL are not fit for purpose but they represent all clubs many of which may see our practices as wrong, if they did not pursue us in this matter they would be rightfully criticized by all the other clubs.  They are doing their jobs however poorly it may appear

They are indeed. I think after this they seriously need to review their procedures as for it to take this long is a serious issue which affects the league and affected clubs (not just those being challenged) too much over a number of seasons. Also the integrity of the process such that the EFL seem to be able to keep going until they get the result they want needs looking at as does trial by media. 

6 hours ago, S8TY said:

I don't agree Mel is blameless at all and in fact think he's been a bloody nightmare especially over the last couple of seasons and didn't IMO need to go on talksport and in a way stoke up the EFL  but do agree we as fans need to get onside with this and stand together because we are in a mess....when Mel and co have gone WE WILL STILL BE HERE supporting this club home and away

Players,Managers,Chairman,Owners etc come and go but we as fans are forever.............................

I do like the idea of us fans raising the 100k and presenting it to the EFL on DCFC's behalf...it would be great publicity and send a message to all the bamfords in the EFL including arses like Gibson that we are Derby and we are not going away

We have been good members of the EFL over the years with good attendances and a good record and we need to stand together and be heard.

I don't know if David could possibly organise a fund raising appeal but someone said 4000 at 25 quid which I think sounds reasonable but I will be happy to put a 100 quid in ....i've saved well over that not being able to travel to games 

Fund raise???  I'm a fan but not that thick, doubt 4000 would agree to that

18 minutes ago, S8TY said:

What’s thick about it? It’s been suggested by quite a few on here I’m not the first to suggest it

Nice idea and everything but Id personally feel like im wasting my money. 

Atleast when I pay for a matchday ticket im getting to see some occassionally good, but often mediocre football and im okay with that. 

I cant be so highly critical of the ownership and how they have run the club and then pay yet more money to bail them out of the mess that had absolutely nothing to do with me as a fan. Thats a step too far in how much of a 'supporter' I am, not everyone gets blind faith under the onus of being a proper fan in my book. 

In any case the EFL are going to appeal the fine. 

On 24/06/2021 at 15:16, Pearl Ram said:

I’m astonished by the title of this thread. I haven’t read the opening post because of editorial reasons ? but to me, to not blame the guardian of this football club is laughable.

I assume he thought we would be in the Premier League by now and out of the EFL’s jurisdiction so sailing close to the wind would have little or no consequences. 

I have no doubt Morris had very good intentions for this club and I’ll hold my hands up, I truly believed his ownership/leadership was a good thing, but then, I was under the impression the club would be run in a responsible manner. How wrong was I ? 

Say what you like about goalposts being shifted by the EFL, but if we’d compiled our accounts like the majority of other clubs instead of being smart arses, discovering loopholes and congratulating ourselves on how clever we’d been, this catastrophe (and that’s what it is) would have been avoided. 

Remember the times Morris couldn’t keep his trap shut ? Appearing at forums, TalkSport, EMT, taking in all the adulation of the supporters ? Now we’re up the creek not a duckin’ peep out of the bloke.

Don’t blame Morris an Pearce ? The sooner they’ve gone the better this club will be, our reputation is shot to pieces and the playing side of things ? Don’t get me started on that and it’s down to two people who, it transpires, aren’t as clever as they think they are.

Agree with all of that. The EFL might be a shambolic organisation, but they are in no way responsible for the desperate situation that DCFC is now in. I'm really not interested in reading negative quotes from bored journo's, Steve Gibson, or the owner of Wycombe Wanderers. None of that matters, and if we were riding high in the Championship, most fans would be laughing off such rubbish. What does matter is that this club somehow moves on from the tenure of Mr Morris, and in doing so regains some dignity and respect. If that has to be achieved by rebuilding from scratch, then so be it. 

Edited by europia

9 hours ago, Topram said:

The EFL are a joke we know that but Mel started a war with them he got us into this mess he has to 100% take most of the blame

They had in for us way before mel took over and I think gibson but other clubs stick noses in were it was not wanted.

11 hours ago, Yani P said:

Mel is fast descending into the realms of a Maxwell or the Amigos...OK probably a few more yards of shyte to qo through but he is still descending fast..

I don't recall either of the two mentioned having to sell the ground as a nefarious way of trying to circumnavigate punishment after years of irresponsible spending?

Indeed Maxwell did the complete opposite during the final period of his reign by refusing to spend anything on players until he had sold the club.

If anything Morris has already descended way past Captain Bob.....

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't recall either of the two mentioned having to sell the ground as a nefarious way of trying to circumnavigate punishment after years of irresponsible spending?

Indeed Maxwell did the complete opposite during the final period of his reign by refusing to spend anything on players until he had sold the club.

If anything Morris has already descended way past Captain Bob.....

Just pointing out that P&S didn’t exist then. Owners could do what they like. If this was the 90s/early00s none of this would be going on, battles with the EFL, selling stadiums etc. We’d just have an owner doing his best to keep us afloat in a Covid world