Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

11 hours ago, Curtains said:

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

Well we can’t blame keogh anymore … so why not 

Joking joking, Iv stated previously my thoughts on Mel 

feel sad for him and us as to how his best endeavours have turned out 

My Mrs worked with Stephen’s partner at a school not to long ago. I met him at a function and he genuinely was a really nice chap. Was speaking about his Chelsea days etcetc. Just don’t know what to say regarding all this fiasco. But it seems all the way through, communication could have been A LOT better 

26 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

My Mrs worked with Stephen’s partner at a school not to long ago. I met him at a function and he genuinely was a really nice chap. Was speaking about his Chelsea days etcetc. Just don’t know what to say regarding all this fiasco. But it seems all the way through, communication could have been A LOT better 

He’s a really nice guy. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Well we can’t blame keogh anymore … so why not 

Joking joking, Iv stated previously my thoughts on Mel 

feel sad for him and us as to how his best endeavours have turned out 

If they're his best endeavours then the mind boggles with what state we would be in if he was really trying to do a totally inept job 

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Comms are easy when things are good, the test is when it isn’t and guess what they have disappeared for months on end

Hmmm not posted on here today as I think it may have been out of being frustrated rather than anything useful or constructive.

Thing is, in retrospect, the daft thing is that the amortisation actually makes a lot of sense in terms of modern contracts. Players do tend to hold their value until the last year of the contract when it plummets. 

BUT the problem was, as shown in posts earlier today from the original hearing. What Morris/Pearce did was have an off the record meeting with the EFL and used without any official confirmation. They should have had it in writing from the EFL that they approved the approach. If they had we wouldn’t be in this mess now.

So yeah this is largely the EFL being out of order, but Derby didn’t cover all bases here (which they did with the stadium!), and they’ve given the EFL a way to get back at them. If you try loophole after loophole, you’ll eventually make a mistake somewhere