Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not a big fan then.....

Definitely not. I can't support an individual who has singlehandedly mismanaged the club to such an extent. I can't help but wonder if Mel was not local but a foreign owner, would the fanbase stay this quiet about his shambolic running of the club. My money is on protests to out him if it was the case.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Don't often 100% agree with David, but this is spot on.

Imagine you as a consumer, having a mortgage on a house, you pay the bank what was agreed for the last three years, then another bank comes along and says it isn't fair and then you as an end consumer get a £10k fine. That wouldn't be fair would it?

We’ve been operating as the accounts have been fine as they have been approved and signed off.

As with your analogy, you’re not going to save that kind of money if you’re not expecting a fine. 

Same with the club, spending money.

It’s just wrong. 

If the EFL have decided that our accounting method is actually not allowed, ok, that’s fine, understood, but don’t go looking for retrospective punishment.

Say from the 23/24 season onwards all clubs must use X accounting method. Done, dusted, no complaints.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

Are you for real.Never read such rubbish.

Just to be clear, Wycombe aren't the bad guys and ignoring the moralistic stuff, they have a slim chance of staying up by this, so have got to push it, and if they are pushing it of course they have to *say* it's all about truth, justice and fair play. I've no issue with them adopting that position, because any club in their position would.

My loathing towards Gibson and the EFL is pretty strong. I loath them for the process. However, Mel and Pearce are ultimatly culpable as the stewards of DCFC.

When Mel bought the majority share of the club we we had finished third, had a manager proven at a higher level, a young hungry squad with some real talent. 

We finished last season and would have been relegated if everyone started on the same points, a talentless squad made up of over hyped academy players and far past it senior players. The club no longer owns its stadium and we have a manager with no experience and one of the worst records in recent history. 

To me that is terrible and we have the right to question that. 

I struggle to see where the EFL are to blame in that beyond a change in accounting policy.  

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just to be clear, Wycombe aren't the bad guys and ignoring the moralistic stuff, they have a slim chance of staying up by this, so have got to push it, and if they are pushing it of course they have to *say* it's all about truth, justice and fair play. I've no issue with them adopting that position, because any club in their position would.

They know the EFL regulations. They choose to push it which causes more chaos. No sympathy.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My loathing towards Gibson and the EFL is pretty strong. I loath them for the process. However, Mel and Pearce are ultimatly culpable as the stewards of DCFC.

Wycombe were going to appeal and made their feelings known. They played with freedom knowing they were down 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

Hi Mel.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Remember fans applauded MM for sticking up for Derby. Those same fans having a go now. 

But this has all been self induced.... just do the accounts properly, do it the same as everyone else, why give them the ammunition in the first place. 

Edited by TheAllestreeRam

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Wycombe were going to appeal and made their feelings known. They played with freedom knowing they were down 

Are you sure? This part of their official statement:

The club trusts that the correct decision will be reached by the independent commission which has been appointed to judge Derby County’s case.  We respect the process and are not contemplating legal action at this time, contrary to media speculation.

8 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

But this has been all self induced.... just do the accounts properly, do it the same as everyone else, why give them the ammunition in the first place. 

The root of this is the stupid acceptance by the EFL that relegated clubs from the PL can rely on 4 years worth of parachute payments that ensure they have the unfair advantage of retaining or buying the best players thus disadvantaging others in the league who don't benefit from this unfair income. Mel has tried his hardest to circumnavigate his way around this grossly unfair system in an effort to make us competitive.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure? This part of their official statement:

The club trusts that the correct decision will be reached by the independent commission which has been appointed to judge Derby County’s case.  We respect the process and are not contemplating legal action at this time, contrary to media speculation.

That was after when they back tracked

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They know the EFL regulations. They choose to push it which causes more chaos. No sympathy.

They're not goodies either, I don't care about them, but i just wouldn't cast them as being anything other than incidental and any club in thire position would adopt this approach. I just think Wycombe aren't the people to be having a go at - if it was wednesday or rotherham who could potentially benefit, it would be them screaming. That's just a reality.

Also, Wycombe can't appeal anything between the EFL and DCFC in this case, they are not a party to the dispute.