EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Problem is can any of you see an end to all of this off the pitch garbage? I am just so very fed up with anything Derby at the moment. I get Mel has totally pissed off the EFL, generally his gambles have imploded and The EFLs job is to uphold their rules whatever we think of the rules and EFL but the EFL seem absolutely hell bent on destroying Derby now. They know full well how the timing of this will damage us. How is this any way for a so called "professional body" to behave. It is now just vindictive and just seems very personal towards Mel which is not right. 

I've already made a decent rant on the EFL, I don't think I've got the anger left as they've managed to drain all my emotions for football. Accountability zero. It's bitterness from people with a personal vendetta against the owner. Nothing to do with actual football. Political point scoring in the board rooms. I wonder who suffers from their endless stream of slop.

So if we’re compliant for those years we stay up, if we breach we go down? Maybe there’s finally an end result in sight. Unless of course the EFL then decide to punish us for the years after as well.

Youd imagine the club will already know the result of those recalculations so I’d fully expect silence all day if we’ve breached.

I’m getting to the point where I’m finished with professional football - way too much non playing related crap wrapped a around it. Was thinking about going to watch Mickleover instead but now they’ve only got half a pitch…. What a load of old ballcocks…

Just now, Gaspode said:

I’m getting to the point where I’m finished with professional football - way too much non playing related crap wrapped a around it. Was thinking about going to watch Mickleover instead but now they’ve only got half a pitch…. What a load of old ballcocks…

Tough on Mickleover having their pitch stolen. 

EFL are a load of buffoons who should be ashamed of themselves.

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So if we’re compliant for those years we stay up, if we breach we go down? Maybe there’s finally an end result in sight. Unless of course the EFL then decide to punish us for the years after as well.

Youd imagine the club will already know the result of those recalculations so I’d fully expect silence all day if we’ve breached.

Agree they will know the recalculations...and what that means as a result. 

So personally I would expect a response ASAP.

Because we know either, that we will still be complaint and will release something saying we still think it's unfair but as its not a points deduction we need to move on quickly so we will accept the decision if the EFL do, so everyone is able to plan for the new season. 

Or we won't pass, so will release a much more aggressive statement saying we don't agree and we will be fighting this inequity etc. 

I know the stand-out part of the headlines around this is "could still be relegated", but realistically that isn't going to happen.
For that to be the case the EFL would have to appeal and the second panel would have to conclude that:
1. The financial penalty is either entirely inappropriate as a punishment or inappropriate as a lone punishment, and that sporting sanctions are necessary
2. The only acceptable sporting sanction appropriate as a punishment is a points deduction
3. The only acceptable period where this deduction could be applied is in the season just finished
and all of this would have to be done before the season starts. That is a lot to overturn when rulings can only be overturned if a clearly inaccurate decision has been made.

I truly believe the reason the EFL have been putting this one out there so much is because the actual punishment that the panel has decided on - a £100k fine and a resubmission of accounts - is quite embarrassing for them as a final punishment after years of proceedings and far more than £100k in legal fees, so they're hyping up what "could" happen to make it seem like a bigger win for them than it is. 

The real casualty in all this is the system under which it is working.

I have no faith whatsoever in a judiciary which effectively.

Treats the accused as guilty until proven innocent.

On appeal is enabled to appeal again.

(In English law an appeal is final and can only be challenged in the High Court on a point of law)

When a final sentence is decided:-

A fine is announced with the nebulous codicil that a far more serious additional punishment may, ot may not, be imposed.

Also should said supplementary punishment be imposed it would result in another guilty party being declared 'Not guilty!'

PS......Barabbas under Roman Law comes to my mind!

It does have the feel of an ungracious, face-saving statement to me. 

The real story is we have been fined 100k. EFL basically turning that around to saying they have won and we now need to fall in line, kiss the ring, grovel a bit and give them what they want...or else.. 

Edited by Chester40

25 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Problem is can any of you see an end to all of this off the pitch garbage? I am just so very fed up with anything Derby at the moment. I get Mel has totally pissed off the EFL, generally his gambles have imploded and The EFLs job is to uphold their rules whatever we think of the rules and EFL but the EFL seem absolutely hell bent on destroying Derby now. They know full well how the timing of this will damage us. How is this any way for a so called "professional body" to behave. It is now just vindictive and just seems very personal towards Mel which is not right. 

Nail and head @CBRammette. This is all about payback to Mel because he exposed the EFL’s total incompetence over the TV Rights deal and almost toppled them with the breakaway league suggestion. Football is broken thanks to the ignorant suits who run the game. 

6 hours ago, Coconut said:

How many more clubs are the EFL going to forcibly attempt to send into liquidation once they finally move on from us?

Their failings as an organisation have seen the end or became within a whisker of seeing the end of a handful already, there's no sign of of any conscience or sense of responsibility from them though.

They'd rather sacrifice an entire club with over 120 years of history to appease one or two playing crybaby on the assumption that we've somehow gained an advantage over them (an advantage that in reality we haven't. even. bloody. gained) and save face by constantly appealing until they get someone to tell them they're 'right'... but that's not enough, no, they then want to appeal and appeal and appeal until someone finally agrees to implement their ridiculously OTT punishment.

They've already cost us far more than anything our methods could possibly have cost anyone else.

Protecting your member clubs my arse. They don't even know the meaning of the word. Absolute ducking scum more akin to the mafia than a sporting body.

Blame Mel Morris, not the EFL. If he hadn’t tried to game the system we wouldn’t be in this position.

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Still only page 5. Imaging the imploding when everyone gets up

Remarkably restrained so far!

Like shouting..

"I say referee, that decision was at worst erroneous and st bes questionable!"

Edited by Brammie Steve

The EFL will relegate us one way or another. The timing of the announcement tells you everything in my opinion. They lost but will do their level best to derail next season. Now we are in a position where we can’t really plan or attract players. Vindictive and unprofessional. I take it they appeal until they get the decision they want. What they should do is allow our recruitment team to sign whoever they want if they really want to punish us. 

If Derby don’t announce that the accounts have been re-submitted and we are fine then I will be worried. They have had years to prepare them so surely should be in the post already.

What a load of crap football has become.