EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Just now, DCFC90 said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/june/-Derby-county/ 

Looks like a £100k fine and no points deduction! I'd say that's a win!

Think you’ve read what you want to read there…

We have to redo our accounts and if they are over P&S limits then looks like we will be going down.

The EFL’s statement adding in that Wycombe and our fixtures are interchangeable is a big hint at that. 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

We have to redo our accounts and if they are over P&S limits then looks like we will be going down.

The EFL’s statement adding in that Wycombe and our fixtures are interchangeable is a big hint at that. 

Yeah that's what I'm reading this. 

If we fail p and s we're doomed. 

EFL are determined for us to be relegated so it will be. 

If we are relegated there's a good chance we'll be in admin and we'll struggle.

Edited by alexxxxx

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

I've read it that the £100k is the agreed sanction, pending our resubmission of our accounts; but both Derby and Wycome have the right to appeal the decision. If Wycome win their appeal then a points deduction could be applied retrospectively which would then see us relegated, but for now, this is the only action to be taken.

Just now, Derbados said:

So, the big question 

will the resubmitted accounts take us over the p+s losses allowed on those financial periods??

Kieran Maguire did a post a month or so ago where he said our losses would increase by £30m over 16/17/18 doing it the ‘right’ way.

So if he has his numbers right then yeah we would be well over. 

Just now, Mckram said:

Kieran Maguire did a post a month or so ago where he said our losses would increase by £30m over 16/17/18 doing it the ‘right’ way.

So if he has his numbers right then yeah we would be well over. 

Oh **** 

League one after all then!

1 minute ago, DCFC90 said:

I've read it that the £100k is the agreed sanction, pending our resubmission of our accounts; but both Derby and Wycome have the right to appeal the decision. If Wycome win their appeal then a points deduction could be applied retrospectively which would then see us relegated, but for now, this is the only action to be taken.

But if the resubmission of our accounts show that we have broken P&S then the EFL are well within their right to dock us points as a totally separate punishment to the 100k. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC90 said:

Surely it's the EFL not Wycombe who will appeal? After Wycombe are not involved in the charge.

You bet this came out so late on Wednesday night because the EFL are totally happy with the outcome.

The worrying thing for me is, if we're appealing and it's taking such a long time, no-one is going to want to sign for us because they don't know which league we'll be in next season. Why has it taken over 2 years to get to this position?

Edited by DCFC90

1 minute ago, DCFC90 said:

The worrying thing for me is, if we're appealing and it's taking such a long time, no-one is going to want to sign for us because they don't know which league we'll be in next season. Why has it taken over 2 years to get to this position?

Because the EFL are a bunch of inept idiots who couldn’t organise a *** up in a brewery 

I'm a bit confused.

We've been fined £100k for having a non-compliant accounting methodology. Both the EFL and us can appeal this sanction.

We also have to restate out accounts and P&S submissions.

I thought the issue in the charge was the accounting method - if our re-stated P&S is in breech we'll get punished for that in line with precedent but because we sold PP it's not going to be that much over? Even so that is surely a subsiquent and separate issue to the now resolved accoutancy question.