EFL Verdict

DCFC90

8 minutes ago, DCFC90 said:

I've read it that the £100k is the agreed sanction, pending our resubmission of our accounts; but both Derby and Wycome have the right to appeal the decision. If Wycome win their appeal then a points deduction could be applied retrospectively which would then see us relegated, but for now, this is the only action to be taken.

The statement says “Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision.” I don’t think Wycombe have any right to appeal.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm a bit confused.

We've been fined £100k for having a non-compliant accounting methodology. Both the EFL and us can appeal this sanction.

We also have to restate out accounts and P&S submissions.

I thought the issue in the charge was the accounting method - if our re-stated P&S is in breech we'll get punished for that in line with precedent but because we sold PP it's not going to be that much over? Even so that is surely a subsiquent and separate issue to the now resolved accoutancy question.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm a bit confused.

We've been fined £100k for having a non-compliant accounting methodology. Both the EFL and us can appeal this sanction.

We also have to restate out accounts and P&S submissions.

I thought the issue in the charge was the accounting method - if our re-stated P&S is in breech we'll get punished for that in line with precedent but because we sold PP it's not going to be that much over? Even so that is surely a subsiquent and separate issue to the now resolved accoutancy question.

This relates to 16/17/18 I think. Stadium sale was after. 

that is it then i guess no investors, fire sale soon, Rooney to leave but on a positive note if the points deduction is imposed for last season which it has to be to relegate us then we start with no points deduction in league 1....when is the draw for the Freight rover full members cup? mind you appeal after appeal could take a while..........

Personally, I don't read that "interchangeable fixture list" section as being related to the resubmission of the accounts, but just that the EFL hope to have the punishment for the amortisation offence changed on appeal to a points deduction last season. Surely the commission can't issue a punishment for an offence that they don't even know to have been committed and if so to what extent, and I'm sure if this were the case the EFL would spell it out more clearly in the statement. If we do breach the overspend limits, I'd imagine that would constitute a different offence and would have to go through another disciplinary process.

Edited by JfR

“In addition, the Club has also been ordered to file restated accounts for financial years ending 30 June 2016, 2017 and 2018 that meet the requirements of FRS102, together with updated Profit & Sustainability calculations if necessary.”

So the BIG question here is will the restated accounts for 2016, 2017 and 2018 comply with or breach FRS102?

And if they do, then what happens? Presumably it’s a new offence and disciplinary proceedings start a fresh.

Edited by Stuniverse

So, all we have to do is wait for Mr. Pearce to confirm to us fans at 9am, that we will be inside the allowed losses for that period. Surely, as a club, we already know the calculations. Hopefully the morning won't bring complete silence. 

I would also state, if we do fall outside the permitted losses, we can argue we would have sold players to alleviate the losses. We are no longer in a position to change what happened years a go. Can't see this going anywhere to be honest. 

Appeal after appeal coming up. 

Edited by Norman

4 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

The statement says “Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision.” I don’t think Wycombe have any right to appeal.

But they have the right to seek legal action against the EFL for not imposing those sanctions retrospectively from what the news suggested previously.

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Personally, I don't read that "interchangeable fixture list" section as being related to the resubmission of the accounts, but just that the EFL hope to have the punishment for the amortisation offence changed on appeal to a points deduction last season. Surely the commission can't issue a punishment for an offence that they don't even know to have been committed and if so to what extent, and I'm sure if this were the case the EFL would spell it out more clearly in the statement. If we do breach the overspend limits, I'd imagine that would constitute a different offence and would have to go through another disciplinary process.

I think that's what's being said here

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

That makes a lot of sense.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think that's what's being said here

****** hell, how many times can the EFL appeal!!? they didn’t like the original decision, so they appealed, they’ve now got the appeal decision, they don’t like that so they’re now going to appeal the appeal! 

This is absolute madness, do they just keep appealing until they get the answer they want!?