EFL Verdict

DCFC90

2 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Can someone find the quote/interview where Pearce said even if we readjusted the accounts for amortisation we would still meet FFP requirements?

Probably in the same interview on radio Derby when he said he had no concerns about the BZI takeover..."its all a question of timing" the man said.

If I were Mel I might consider bringing in a consultancy like deloiite or pwc.

Let the consultancy show the amortisation is a legal practice, let them show that Derby hasn't broken accounting rules.

The efl in my opinion would have no choice but to accept the opinion of a consultancy of that size.

If no rules broken then no case to answer.

Just now, Oldben said:

If I were Mel I might consider bringing in a consultancy like deloiite or pwc.

Let the consultancy show the amortisation is a legal practice, let them show that Derby hasn't broken accounting rules.

The efl in my opinion would have no choice but to accept the opinion of a consultancy of that size.

If no rules broken then no case to answer.

The time to do that was the original disciplinary panel. We had the chance to. We chose not to. We lost because of that very issue.

17 minutes ago, JfR said:
Not a statement, but certainly a "statement"

But the final line on the web page:

"* Please note that these fixtures are subject to change and at this stage the fixture list is regarded as a DRAFT."

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

The EFL could now just say ‘ok, we got what we wanted, a clear ruling that how DCFC did the accounting is wrong and the club have been punished. That’s an end to it’.  That way they keep a big club in the Championship and save face. Not really sure what’s in it for them by relegating Derby and Sheff Wed (two of the biggest teams in the EFL) and keeping Wycombe up. An odd business decision. 

League one would have more big clubs in terms of supporters than the championship! 

Some questions:

So does this mean the transfer embargo is now lifted? 

How could the EFL have given a retrospective penalty for a season that has ended (they have never done that before)

Why did the EFL release the Wycombe/Derby fixture list message. ( you might say things not do them) 

How will this affect new ownership and transfers

If we are guilty of FFP (regarding the resubmitted accounts) what is the max penalty

Can we sue the EFL for the loss of Marriott, the fixture list comment, defamation of Derby's name 

It interesting to see DCFC have not issued a comment, I guess they are talking to the lawyers first

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Still don’t get how:

- EFL rules don’t state the method of amortisation to be used

- we submit accounts using a legitimate accounting method which the EFL accept

- we submit 2 more years accounts using the same method which the EFL accept

- Keiran ‘finance expert in his own head’ Maguire tells the EFL that we’re doing something different to all the other teams

-EFL charge us over multiple issues and lose

- EFL appeal a small part of the charges and win but now threaten to relegate us if they decide to appeal again.

Surely their appeal was only against the fact that we’d not been clear enough in telling the EFL accountants that we’d used a different accounting technique. The fact that the latest appeal has decided we should have been fined for the issue rather than given a good telling off doesn’t legitimately leave scope for a points deduction for last season - so relegation shouldn’t even be a consideration at this stage.
This is a vindictive statement meant to cause as much trouble as possible - at a time when all clubs are in dire straits due to COVID. Appeals from either side simply drag out this farcical process and cause more damage - the EFL need to remember they have a duty to protect all clubs and not continue to attack us just because their chief exec is best mates with a nasty little man in a Middlesbrough - particularly when they have history of letting clubs with far larger FFP breaches off the hook……

Well that helps me my not having to write the same thing - well said 

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Some questions:

So does this mean the transfer embargo is now lifted? Should be. Only being skint to cause us problems now.

How could the EFL have given a retrospective penalty for a season that has ended (they have never done that before) - it would be exceptional.

Why did the EFL release the Wycombe/Derby fixture list message. ( you might say things not do them) - Politics. Having both sets drafted is probably sensible, the statement about it releasing them is a very public statement of "we're still going get Derby"

How will this affect new ownership and transfers - will be impossible until what league we're in is resolved.

If we are guilty of FFP (regarding the resubmitted accounts) what is the max penalty - in line with established, depends on how big the breach is.

Can we sue the EFL for the loss of Marriott, the fixture list comment, defamation of Derby's name  - probably not because we probably agree to let them do all this as part of being in the EFL.

It interesting to see DCFC have not issued a comment, I guess they are talking to the lawyers first

So does this mean the transfer embargo is now lifted? Should be. Only being skint to cause us problems now.

How could the EFL have given a retrospective penalty for a season that has ended (they have never done that before) - it would be exceptional.

Why did the EFL release the Wycombe/Derby fixture list message. ( you might say things not do them) - Politics. Having both sets drafted is probably sensible, the statement about it releasing them is a very public statement of "we're still going get Derby"

How will this affect new ownership and transfers - will be impossible until what league we're in is resolved.

If we are guilty of FFP (regarding the resubmitted accounts) what is the max penalty - in line with established, depends on how big the breach is.

Can we sue the EFL for the loss of Marriott, the fixture list comment, defamation of Derby's name  - probably not because we probably agree to let them do all this as part of being in the EFL.

I doubt the embargo will be lifted until we submit all of the missing accounts and the EFL has gone through them. They won't let us spend potentially knowing that there are 5 years worth of accounts that show serious breaches. 

And I expect them to take their time doing that. I don't see this being solved before the end of the window. We need major favours from Rooney's contacts. 

Not going to comment on Derby because at this stage it’s farcical and pathetic for all parties involved. 

One thing has got my back up though and it’s the ‘poor Wycombe’ narrative. They got promoted under an asterisk and then going in to the last match of the season they were pretty much down. Unless they won 15-0 (never going to happen). So us, Wednesday and Rotherham played it as a 3 team shootout and because Wycombe won a pointless match they are now in prime position to swap with us. 

If the EFL do swap us with us with Wycombe then it’ll be a loss to us and the championship as a selling point.

So I’m confused, as many are I guess, but why would the EFL appeal this? Surely it’s a ruling in their favour at this point? Can Derby appeal this? If both parties can appeal is it a case of fastest finger?

Then if we resubmit & EFL find us guilty of wrongdoing can we then not appeal against that decision, and watch the whole thing go round & round forever? 

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

If the EFL do appeal this verdict, thus placing us in yet another transfer embargo while it is sorted, then the club should be shouting out the unfair treatment from every rooftop.

The restrictions placed on our ability to trade over several seasons now are as much of a punishment as any points deduction. Surely no-one still believes that the EFL haven't got it in for us?

Fans of other clubs laughing at us might do well to remember it might be their turn next. Once the EFL have succeeded in destroying us they will turn to someone else.

Absolutely and let’s remember those same clubs don’t actually have had to do anything actually wrong to be investigated, held ransom, stopped from operating as a business and all this can and now should go back decades whilst being threatened with future relegations for multiple breaches and whilst we are at it previous judgements overturned as it does suit the current rhetoric.