Get him gone.

Rev

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

What a mess we have got into. Why were we ever happy to have-

A) an unqualified manager with barely a year of coaching experience

B) A manager who as a player here didn't set the professional standards on the pitch for effort or keeping himself in shape

C) A player who brought with him rumours early on this season that he was looking for coaches for this job, that wasn't even available.

D) A player/manager funded through our sponsor using some elite deal.

We just couldn't resist the lure of the high profile, global superstar. We didn't care the tank was empty, he was going to make us rich.

I can't help but feel totally disillusioned with the club. In my opinion Cocu was an inspired choice but we saddled him with a player bigger than the club, a player with aspirations as a manager. A player who totally undermined his boss. 

Now Cocu may still have failed but we allowed ourselves to get into a position where we had to sack the manager  because of a so called superstar player. I wish we had chosen to sack Rooney not Cocu. If Cocu went, they all had to go. It stank early on and it stinks ever stronger.

Rooney may turn out to be a good manager elsewhere but this was never on. How can he demand desire and energy from the players with shoddy example he set here? 

Was having Rooney his only problem ?

im sorry I can’t allow cocu to be let off and Rooney scapegoated like that

Rooney has been found wanting ... but he’s had one transfer window where the club was hamstrung with a soft embargo until the final 24hrs where we then picked up any old crap that was left and available 

cocu was the one that brought us into the season with a side that we’re getting out run , out fought and out worked by fitter sides

it’s hard enough for any manager to turn around a sinking ship ina short space of time nevermind one where u have 24hrs to get players in at the last minute in one notoriously bad transfer window 

In 33 years of watching this club Iv never seen a Derby side that have committed so few bodies into the box and have gift wrapped so many goals to other teams when WE have had comfortable pressure free possession of the ball.

Iv seen bad Derby sides, but none that have failed to do the fundamental basics of our game so badly 

that stems from cocu and Rooney has unfortunately for us failed at trying to resolve it 

Edited by NottsRam77

Cocu desperately needed forwards/goal scorers and was equally denied them in his transfer windows. Presumably, transfer embargo, lack of finance etc were already biting.

I accept he had to go but I’m afraid Rooney hasn’t been any more impressive. He’s had lots of time, and unlike Cocu, had Bielik available for a while. What a player he was in his short time on the pitch this season. Another few games and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Ermmmm. Ermmm. 

[insert obvious five word sentence]

Errrrrm. Ermm. 

[insert obvious four word sentence]

Eeerrm. Emmm.

And so on, and so on. 

Look, Wayne Rooney was a fabulous footballer (not here, mind). His record speaks for itself. But away from being a footballer, everything else points to him being as thick as **** and totally clueless when it comes to management or coaching. Jettisoned into this role on name alone. He won't be the first or last high-profile footballer to fail spectacularly in management. But my god. It's like listening to a young child when he speaks. And I say that meaning no offence to young children. He has no vocabulary. He's unintelligent. No charisma. 

Get him gone as soon as possible. And please, whoever is in charge of this club going forward, please cease this behaviour of signing players and recruiting managers based on what they've achieved years ago on the pitch. Let's look at the Brentford's and Barnsley's of this league and have a proper plan. 

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Get rid of Rooney and coaching staff now ...appoint someone like Wilder or Howe and tell them keep us up and reward them with a big bonus and can have the job if you want it next season ...a change is needed now!

That tonight was embarrassing weak pathetic rubbish ....

Much like the reason for not sacking cocu the fact is Mel does not want to pay out any more money.  The latest takeover appears to be built on sand and I am more worried about the future of our club than the imminent relegation.  

I've been thinking about this a lot the past 24 hours and although I have largely felt some sympathy towards Rooney as he picked up a mess and hasn't been backed financially at all despite said mess, he's still got a squad of players which on paper is probably more talented than what Nigel Clough had to deal with. Would we agree with that? The likes of Buxton, Brayford, Roberts at the back, Paul Green in midfield etc were all lower league grafters with limited ability. On ability the likes of Tom Lawrence would walk into that side Clough Jnr had. Rooney is not getting the best out of this side and for me longer term the club needs a rebuild from lower leagues and Scotland for financial reasons like Clough had to do. I'd like a proven lower league manager, preferably a younger version of one to do the rebuild. 

51 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

I've been thinking about this a lot the past 24 hours and although I have largely felt some sympathy towards Rooney as he picked up a mess and hasn't been backed financially at all despite said mess, he's still got a squad of players which on paper is probably more talented than what Nigel Clough had to deal with. Would we agree with that? The likes of Buxton, Brayford, Roberts at the back, Paul Green in midfield etc were all lower league grafters with limited ability. On ability the likes of Tom Lawrence would walk into that side Clough Jnr had. Rooney is not getting the best out of this side and for me longer term the club needs a rebuild from lower leagues and Scotland for financial reasons like Clough had to do. I'd like a proven lower league manager, preferably a younger version of one to do the rebuild. 

He started off fine with a vision of his best 11.  Later and with the loanees he looks like lawnmower man desperately trying to find the correct combination to escape

It is the lack of fight and effort that annoys me most, yes confidence maybe shot, tactics wrong, Rooney/players not good enough, but last night was totally unacceptable.

Just a point though, if you took the loanees out of Lampard’s side where would we have finished? Personally mid table at best, and we now have a poorer side now, so really this mess has been coming for a while now, I think FL loanees papered over the cracks. I don’t blame the young lads, they have been thrown into the deep end, and their form was always going to drop at times throughout the season.

Only hope is that Rotherham lose every game, or else it’s definitely league 1, because on last night performance, we won’t pick up another point.

5 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Ermmmm. Ermmm. 

Errrrrm. Ermm. 

[insert obvious four word sentence]

Eeerrm. Emmm.

And so on, and so on. 

Look, Wayne Rooney was a fabulous footballer (not here, mind). His record speaks for itself. But away from being a footballer, everything else points to him being as thick as **** and totally clueless when it comes to management or coaching. Jettisoned into this role on name alone. He won't be the first or last high-profile footballer to fail spectacularly in management. But my god. It's like listening to a young child when he speaks. And I say that meaning no offence to young children. He has no vocabulary. He's unintelligent. No charisma. 

Get him gone as soon as possible. And please, whoever is in charge of this club going forward, please cease this behaviour of signing players and recruiting managers based on what they've achieved years ago on the pitch. Let's look at the Brentford's and Barnsley's of this league and have a proper plan. 

Thanks.

To be honest, I don’t really care what he says, or most managers say, either pre or post match. I no longer listen to them. You generally just get all the same sound bites and cliches. So, I’m not going to criticise him for that but, I’d rather he went for his failure to get any sort of performance (other than the rare spells) out of a group of players that are not great but equally are not completely hopeless.

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

He started off fine with a vision of his best 11.  Later and with the loanees he looks like lawnmower man desperately trying to find the correct combination to escape

I feel like I might be the only person who understands this analogy ? It is bang on though