Get him gone.

Rev

Rooney has been thrown in at the deep end. Even so, he's made some terrible decisions. I don't like his tactics, team selections or substitutions.

I would much prefer a new manager.

However, it's not going to happen.

Mel will be leaving sooner or later. If not Alonso, then a new owner will be attracted by the celebrity.

We'll just have to suck it up and hope that he's learned.

But that's for another day. Today, let's just wallow in the relief of avoiding relegation.

In an ideal world, he would be sacked because I don't trust a novice manager to completely rebuild a squad. 

I dont think we have much of a choice given our financial situation. If he stays then he neers bring in more senior, more experienced coaching staff. The rabbit in the headlines decisions made by the management team nearly cost us a place in the division.

Any half decent manager would've had us safe weeks ago and we have survived by three other teams somehow contriving to be slightly more awful than us.

Putting rooney through the chipper is needed in my view, but, obviously, the ownership is the more pressing issue.

The squad also needs some serious reshaping. Whatever the merits of the indvidiuals, the group as a whole has been so weak mentaly that the characters and personalities need refreshing, quite apart from the ability. This squad with a winning mentality would be mid-table on ability.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pat Murphy just now on BBC Radio 5 Live:

"One win in 15 games normally gets any manager the sack and I suspect it is his stature as a player that has kept him in the job."

As well as the status of his bosses.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Captain Obvious just now on BBC Radio 5 Live:

"One win in 15 games normally gets any manager the sack and I suspect it is his stature as a player that has kept him in the job."

Just a subtle change there Nuwtfly, hope you don’t mind. ?

On 02/05/2021 at 12:46, ck- said:

Ok. I was against Rooney being appointed and thought he’d be a poor manager. 
Then after a few games, a real upturn in performances and a positive outlook, I changed my mind. 
So I was wrong initially, based on first few games, because he was good and then I was wrong again after changing my mind because he was rubbish. 
So .... I think if I change my mind again and say he ought be sacked, then I think that will make him good again. 
“Rooney is rubbish and should be sacked. No chance we’ll get a good result next week if he stays”

Bookmark it, and thank me next week.

?????

You’re welcome ?