Get him gone.

Rev

It’s clear this squad is poor, it’s not solely down to managers and coaches. Unfortunately they’re the scapegoats in every club now. The buck stops with the manager, even if they’ve not had the backing to get their squad together, the fans assume another manager would get more out of the same players so it’s down to the manager and the players get a free pass (which is the only pass they’re getting at the moment as we can’t pass to each other on the pitch). 

I don’t think Rooney has been amazing, I think his “game by game at the moment, in the summer I’ll implement a style” approach is wrong and is costing us. At least Cocu had a philosophy, even if you didn’t like it he had a plan. My view, however, is this group of players isn’t good enough. They couldn’t pass, they couldn’t control the ball, nobody wants to shoot, crossing was poor. Can that all be laid at the coaches door? How do they account for not being able to make basic passes or being able to control the ball?

Be honest, if we stayed up and had the money, how much of this squad would you keep?

Unfortunately neither Rooney nor Cocu was able to operate without financial problems at the club which have hindered us more than either of those two have. 

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Was having Rooney his only problem ?

im sorry I can’t allow cocu to be let off and Rooney scapegoated like that

Rooney has been found wanting ... but he’s had one transfer window where the club was hamstrung with a soft embargo until the final 24hrs where we then picked up any old crap that was left and available 

cocu was the one that brought us into the season with a side that we’re getting out run , out fought and out worked by fitter sides

it’s hard enough for any manager to turn around a sinking ship ina short space of time nevermind one where u have 24hrs to get players in at the last minute in one notoriously bad transfer window 

In 33 years of watching this club Iv never seen a Derby side that have committed so few bodies into the box and have gift wrapped so many goals to other teams when WE have had comfortable pressure free possession of the ball.

Iv seen bad Derby sides, but none that have failed to do the fundamental basics of our game so badly 

that stems from cocu and Rooney has unfortunately for us failed at trying to resolve it 

I am tired of the argument, but fans think Rooney has it tough but fail to acknowledge all the issues Cocu had to face. We were long overdue a few lesser seasons whilst we restructured the team. His first preseason, he joined late and we were in America in bloody hurricane season or whatever it was. A total waste of time! It was catch up from then.

Neither manager has been in conditions to enable them to do their job to the best of their abilities. Both could have done better, but I stand by my original post and signing Rooney was at odds with everything the club was supposedly aiming to do. 

It stems from Mel.

25 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I feel like I might be the only person who understands this analogy ? It is bang on though 

I prefer my own Jack and the Beanstalk one...we started off with Mel sending Schteve off to market with a fatted cow and through a series of ever decreasing swaps we are left with a handful of magic beans. Granted it all goes a bit haywire there as I can't see how the beanstalk happens or what the golden goose represents, but I'm working on it. 

30 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

It is the lack of fight and effort that annoys me most, yes confidence maybe shot, tactics wrong, Rooney/players not good enough, but last night was totally unacceptable.

Just a point though, if you took the loanees out of Lampard’s side where would we have finished? Personally mid table at best, and we now have a poorer side now, so really this mess has been coming for a while now, I think FL loanees papered over the cracks. I don’t blame the young lads, they have been thrown into the deep end, and their form was always going to drop at times throughout the season.

Only hope is that Rotherham lose every game, or else it’s definitely league 1, because on last night performance, we won’t pick up another point.

Getting loans is  a key part of all clubs plans in the championship. Lampard got good ones, Rooney  has not 

I am disappointed in the players, I am disappointed in wayne, I am disappointed in the coaches. We really should be miles clear of relegation by now, we've had so many opportunities to pull away but we just haven't done it. It's unacceptable. This group are good enough to survive in the championship but we're just not doing it on the pitch. And what I saw last night said more about their mentality than anything else, they just don't have the bottle or the fight.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I prefer my own Jack and the Beanstalk one...we started off with Mel sending Schteve off to market with a fatted cow and through a series of ever decreasing swaps we are left with a handful of magic beans. Granted it all goes a bit haywire there as I can't see how the beanstalk happens or what the golden goose represents, but I'm working on it. 

Lawnmower man

On reflection, perhaps sacking the manager because his team couldn't score a goal and then replacing him with one of the creative players who was part of the team which couldn't score a goal, it seems pretty obvious why we cannot score a goal.

Until recently, our defending hasn't been that bad. Nowhere near good enough to challenge of course, but it's not the reason why we're down here. We are now capitulating and that too is part of the problem and what will condemn us - 1-0 defeats are now turning into 3-0s.

We'd give ourselves a fighting chance if we could shoot. Not score - shoot. I've seen fussball tables with more dynamic movement than this lot. 

Cocu didn't understand the limitations of our players and I've seen enough to tell that Rooney doesn't understand other footballers either. Perhaps the fact they were his peers this season doesn't help. That's most of the job - getting the players and understanding what makes them tick. Nigel Clough actually doesn't understand most footballers, or perhaps doesn't care for them, so makes sure he builds a team he can understand. Steve McClaren is an excellent coach because he understands how footballers think. 

That's what we need for the last 3 games. Just any human being who can give instructions concise enough to give these players some confidence and togetherness to keep us alive. Rooney, at this stage of his career, is not up to it.

Edited by Duracell

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I don’t think we have magic beans, just a few cans of baked beans that have been open for a few days and going mouldy.

4 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Im sorry to say i agree, its sad but we need a change of ideas. Last roll of the dice. Lets give Mac one last go and hope we pick up some points 

I agree in this instance, but we absolutely must stop rolling the dice after this. We've needlessly made stupid appointments. I absolutely detested our football under Gary Rowett, but that and Mac II were the only low-risk appointments we've made since sacking Mac I. Rowett's appointment made total sense and although I will never forgive him for selling Will Hughes, the results on the pitch justified the appointment.

Stop hiring inexperienced managers at this level who will inevitably make mistakes. It's fine for young managers to make errors and learn lots about themselves for their future career, but PLEASE, can they do that in the Indian Premier League and not with Derby County.*

*see also for coaching staff, CEOs etc.

Edited by Duracell

In the last 18 months I think it is fair to say the sizeable majority on this board at some stage thought Cocu was great thought Rooney was a great signing and then thought he was managing well. Oh not forgetting Mel was adored to begin with. One thing for sure in football the supporters always turn against their own sooner or later. 

8 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

In the last 18 months I think it is fair to say the sizeable majority on this board at some stage thought Cocu was great thought Rooney was a great signing and then thought he was managing well. Oh not forgetting Mel was adored to begin with. One thing for sure in football the supporters always turn against their own sooner or later. 

it's a result based business.  Everybody deserves support at first, even the cpt of the titanic, just when it becomes obvious that hew doesn't know how to steer the boat best to get rid before you encounter icebergs