Get him gone.

Rev

What a mess we have got into. Why were we ever happy to have-

A) an unqualified manager with barely a year of coaching experience

B) A manager who as a player here didn't set the professional standards on the pitch for effort or keeping himself in shape

C) A player who brought with him rumours early on this season that he was looking for coaches for this job, that wasn't even available.

D) A player/manager funded through our sponsor using some elite deal.

We just couldn't resist the lure of the high profile, global superstar. We didn't care the tank was empty, he was going to make us rich.

I can't help but feel totally disillusioned with the club. In my opinion Cocu was an inspired choice but we saddled him with a player bigger than the club, a player with aspirations as a manager. A player who totally undermined his boss. 

Now Cocu may still have failed but we allowed ourselves to get into a position where we had to sack the manager  because of a so called superstar player. I wish we had chosen to sack Rooney not Cocu. If Cocu went, they all had to go. It stank early on and it stinks ever stronger.

Rooney may turn out to be a good manager elsewhere but this was never on. How can he demand desire and energy from the players with shoddy example he set here? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see, he's sent them out to play like that.

No, but he sent them out, and they played like that. As manager, he takes the can. The sooner he takes it somewhere else the better.

Right now as our manager, he is a busted flush.

1 minute ago, MikeS said:

No, but he sent them out, and they played like that. As manager, he takes the can. The sooner he takes it somewhere else the better.

Right now as our manager, he is a busted flush.

If it's a choice for next season between our squad (not including loans) or our manager, then the squad can all duck off.

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney told BBC Radio Derby:

"The first goal of the game is a number of mistakes from players who have been very important to us, so it's part of the game that's very frustrating as a manager.

"We are conceding too many sloppy goals and yet again a few half-chances for us, but we don't score.

"We have given ourselves an uphill battle in the next three games. We have to hope that other teams lose and we have to try and win our games to give ourselves a chance of staying in the league."

More crap he said it was much win game. Get gone Shrek and now.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I can't help but feel totally disillusioned with the club. In my opinion Cocu was an inspired choice but we saddled him with a player bigger than the club, a player with aspirations as a manager. A player who totally undermined his boss. 

Now Cocu may still have failed but we allowed ourselves to get into a position where we had to sack the manager  because of a so called superstar player. I wish we had chosen to sack Rooney not Cocu. If Cocu went, they all had to go. It stank early on and it stinks ever stronger.

This is spot on. It never fitted with the breif we apparently gave Cocu. It never felt right.

In the end, Cocu failed, I liked him, I respected him, but it wasn't working and ultimatly, I don't think there can be that much arguing about that.

I will give Rooney fair credit, up until lockdown he was actually very good and I think this season it wasn't that he wasn't trying so much as he just couldn't do it anymore. We were better without him in the side.

And when he got the job, everyone tried a bit harder and we had Bielik and CKR fit, we did improve for a while. But after the bounce, it's all fell apart and he's getting very badly exposed.

I never liked Rooney when playing at his peak. Initially didnt want him as our manager either as didnt like the sound of things behind scenes when Cocu left but he grew on me as manager. Seemed non-nonsense, honest and down to earth but he lost me - started with attitude to Cardiff match/selection stopping a better run in its tracks, didnt like public criticism/briefing against players, didnt like reactive negative team set-ups rather than going out to win and team selection/use of substitutes often bizarre. I know the players arent the best we've had by a long shot but most seem to have regressed and deteriorated, especially the youngsters, with this team of coaches.  Also, one minute about to be key international, next dropped. So I am taking the lesson from this to go with your first instinct about someone as its probably right dont want Wayne around our club any more. Nothing I have seen at the end of the season makes me think he has the right character to get us back up if we do go down or not.  Finally why did Mac seem to drop out of the picture? Be very surprised if he has been involved in this shambles deterioration of play again

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same as Cocu did then?

Yes, similar style of play similar pattern of results, for me Rooney having to play in the team stuffed Cocu and Rooney loosing Bielik stuffed him guiding us to safety. There’s so many different issues causing our current predicament the best we could have hoped for was narrowly avoiding relegation 

6 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Judging by his socials,it appears his time at the training ground isn't what it should be. 

Anyone got inside info from Moor Farm on this ? 

There was a newspaper article just after he started which waffled on about how he was being picked up at 6am and driven to Derby, working 14 hour days etc etc 

Are you saying that possibly isn't the case now?

1 minute ago, turbo said:

Yes, similar style of play similar pattern of results, for me Rooney having to play in the team stuffed Cocu and Rooney loosing Bielik stuffed him guiding us to safety. There’s so many different issues causing our current predicament the best we could have hoped for was narrowly avoiding relegation 

We still might, but it's against us playing first it'll give Rotherham heart. The heart we should have had playing an average team with nothing to play for, needing to win.