Get him gone.

Rev

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

I was 1 of 4 that was against the appointment of Pearson. Funnily enough I never felt the need to post screenshots or give it the I told you so treatment. Some you get right, some you don’t. ?‍♂️

I really believed Rooney would bring the best of what he learned under the manager’s he worked for. Turns out he learned very little or simply dismissed their methods. Feel no shame in being wrong though just like I didn’t feel superior about calling the Pearson appointment correctly.

UTR.

Exactly. I was very enthusiastic about Pearson & completely dismissive of McClaren in Oct 2013...both completely wrong.

I know it’s hindsight but I’m now wishing we kept Cocu, yes we were bottom and frustrating to watch at times but at least he had a plan and Cocu was probably a striker (Dursun) away from implementing that plan to better effect. 

This squad, especially minus Bielik, is mid-table at best. It’s in need of investment in terms of quality and depth but at the moment it just feels like we have no way of getting ourselves out of the rut, and what doesn’t help is we don’t have a philosophy to stick to and believe in. It reminds me of spells under Nigel Clough, where we went on runs of poor form with no idea of how to get out of them. If we stay up it will be due to a fluke last day result. 

Just to add I thought Rooney was the right appointment at the time, still don’t think it’s all down to him but some of his decisions have cost us recently, namely the “game by game” attitude until the summer. He seemed to have written off this season from the off, which probably hasn’t helped

Edited by WilkoRam

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We would need to let him buy his own squad to determine whether or not he has what it takes. Certainly someone has to eradicate the complacent attitude which prevails at the club. We have to find a bunch who want success and are prepared to scrap and work as a team to achieve it.

Proper centre halves, a dominant keeper, a blend of graft and guile in midfield and a few who know where the net is. 

I feel sorry for our wide players, Jozwiak and Roberts. They have so little to work with. CKR did better today but for most of the season we have made life easy for defenders. 

If Rooney brings in a new bunch and they fail, shove him out. However, the new gang may just be able to do the basics.

1 win in 14,6 losses in a row,the team fighting each other and you want to give him a big budget to blow.

No thanks.

13 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Normally I’d lay into this sort of post but I’m getting there... not with how bad we have been but football in general. The whole VAR stuff is a load of balls and the super league nonsense hasn’t helped. Football is a hobby that is meant to be enjoyed and for a number of reasons (not just that we are poo) I’m not enjoying it at the minute. Actually glad the season is almost over... maybe a few months away will help.

My first season ticket was 55 years ago. Lay into it all you like - I am entitled to feel the way I do. I actually don't care if I never see them again - I intend to enjoy the rest of my life, with or without Derby County - or football, for that matter.

I just hope next season we start afresh with a new owner, different manager and a much changed team with hardworking, enthusiastic players who have the passion and desire to play for Derby County. If this is the case I will approach next season with optimism regardless of which league we are in. If however everything is basically the same I will find it incredibly hard to show much interest at all. Like Eddie I'm almost past caring- I really feel this season has drained me of any enthusiasm for football.

8 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I just hope next season we start afresh with a new owner, different manager and a much changed team with hardworking, enthusiastic players who have the passion and desire to play for Derby County. If this is the case I will approach next season with optimism regardless of which league we are in. If however everything is basically the same I will find it incredibly hard to show much interest at all. Like Eddie I'm almost past caring- I really feel this season has drained me of any enthusiasm for football.

Gary Rowett seems to be doing ok perhaps we should try to tempt him

1 minute ago, Warwick Ram said:

Rooney has to get sacked if we get relegated. How can he be kept on. That is rewarding failure. Yes he gave us a fighting chance but the recent stats are horrendous.

I would remove the whole management team and start again.

Maybe we can set up some crowd funding 

1 minute ago, Warwick Ram said:

Rooney has to get sacked if we get relegated. How can he be kept on. That is rewarding failure. Yes he gave us a fighting chance but the recent stats are horrendous.

He needs to get sacked regardless. Bielik gave us a fighting chance, not Rooney.

43 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

On the plus side, those fresh rested legs from the Cardiff game are really going to be useful next week!

Does anyone care enough to post our record since that managerial master stroke? 

Those 4 goals could send us down, Wazza management master stroke indeed...

43 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

On the plus side, those fresh rested legs from the Cardiff game are really going to be useful next week!

Does anyone care enough to post our record since that managerial master stroke? 

5 points from 12 games, not including the white flag that was the Cardiff game.

In case you've forgotten, there were draws away at Barnsley and at home to Brentford in the space of a week in March (heady days indeed) and a win against Luton.

And that's it. In two months.

3 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

We rewarded failure in the first place. We appointed one of our worst performers on the pitch the big job. We are getting exactly what such a decision deserved.