Get him gone.

Rev

We need to crowd fund a fleet of taxis to stand outside Moor Farm on Monday in the vague hope that Rooney takes the hint and ****s off. It's clear that Mel and Alonso aren't going give him his marching orders any time soon.

_98571671_004702202.jpg

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Listening to Eric Steele on radio Derby...has he taken up the crack pipe of late?

I used to think he was excellent but I swear he's gone wrong since king Edward Rooney took over.

Nothing does my head in more than Eric Steele seeming to think that Rooney is the perfect man for the job. Honestly won't hear a bad word said about him. 

Mel "Trigger" Morris has managed to keep the safety on at all the wrong times. .he kept Cocu way too long when it was clear he was failing spectacularly..that was the time when it was a no-brainer to bring in an experienced figure - we were bottom, the morale was very low..but no..that would have meant forking out more money..so instead he gives it to a guy with zero experience, not even coaching badges..

Utter madness as is sadly now playing out like a grotesque Shakespearean tragedy..

Another bad point about Rooney taking the job that doesn't get much mention is that he ceased being a player. Even if you think he was absolute poo, with our squad being so thin any sort of addition would have helped. Who knows, even just subbing him on for a few minutes for him to score a freekick could have got us a few more points. 

Just now, Rev said:

One week of training left, who would you trust to produce a result come Saturday.

Rooney, or Mac?

I'd love to see a poll.

The answer to this is obvious, but we both know it's absolutely too late now.

Five games ago, maybe. Even four games ago. But they've let that opportunity slide.

I don't think anyone could change us in one week now. We have to just rely on the players to, finally, turn up. God help us. 

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Nothing does my head in more than Eric Steele seeming to think that Rooney is the perfect man for the job. Honestly won't hear a bad word said about him. 

We would need to let him buy his own squad to determine whether or not he has what it takes. Certainly someone has to eradicate the complacent attitude which prevails at the club. We have to find a bunch who want success and are prepared to scrap and work as a team to achieve it.

Proper centre halves, a dominant keeper, a blend of graft and guile in midfield and a few who know where the net is. 

I feel sorry for our wide players, Jozwiak and Roberts. They have so little to work with. CKR did better today but for most of the season we have made life easy for defenders. 

If Rooney brings in a new bunch and they fail, shove him out. However, the new gang may just be able to do the basics.

I am probably one of the biggest critics of Wazza on here. He shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place, he wasn’t equipped to do the job and his record speaks for itself. He has to go at the end of the season. However, I am not going to blame him for today. We played well, got the goal and deserved at least a point. Referring decisions didn’t go our way, very fine margins.....

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Another bad point about Rooney taking the job that doesn't get much mention is that he ceased being a player. Even if you think he was absolute poo, with our squad being so thin any sort of addition would have helped. Who knows, even just subbing him on for a few minutes for him to score a freekick could have got us a few more points. 

No no no, his legs had gone....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

No no no, his legs had gone....

Even just subbed on to take the freekick that Waghorn missed vs Birmingham, or just to stand still at the edge of the box for the last 5 mins if we're losing a game and hope the ball fell to him? You never know...    

My point being It wouldn't have been a negative to at least have him as an option, who knows, Mac might have got something out of him.