Get him gone.

Rev

Seriously who is defending this nightmare of a coaching set up anymore? I remember at the beginning of his reign prominent members of this forum were going on about how exciting it was and how thrilling it would be seeing this unqualified nightmare taking us to the premier league... Our vanity, short sightedness and yes stupidity has led us to hanging on to our second division status by our fingernails desperate for other teams to do our job for us. For my money anyone excited about this appointment in the first place should take a look at where this has taken us exactly. 

Today was exactly the problem I highlighted on my call in to radio Derby last week. It was a polar opposite of Birmingham in terms of both style and system.. what players can be expected to adapt to different styles every week? Seriously,  the substitutions and the style must be a complete surprise and foreign to the players, they must not know whether they are coming or going as i certainly couldn't work it out. He takes our best player off attacking wise and offers little to nothing in terms of actually changing things... great management that is.... 

One way to term it is we are bereft of ideas i.e., the coaching staff and management are completely and utterly clueless. They've severely let the club down and need to be replaced with immediate effect at the end of the season no matter what happens next saturday. Personally, I cannot wait for the press release that tells us we're released of these shambles so we can get on with rebuilding our battered club. 

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I agree but why would he come here?! We are an absolute joke on the pitch and an even bigger one off of it. No manager in their right mind would come to us. With the greatest of intentions I’m sure... Mel has ruined us. 

Sadly he has, I think he has had a good dose of bad luck but when you take over a club that look like it's just a matter of time before being promoted to one looking relegation in the face.

Add to that the EFL charges, win or not we shouldn't be in that position of scrutiny. 

Yes we can argue we have had some good seasons under Mel but ultimately failed. We are in worse position now than even under the hated 3 amigos.

I feel sorry for mel, hes tried,  made the wrong decisions for what he thought were the right reasons but it is what it is and good intentions won't keep us up, hopefully a giant piece of good luck next week will.

Ok. I was against Rooney being appointed and thought he’d be a poor manager. 
Then after a few games, a real upturn in performances and a positive outlook, I changed my mind. 
So I was wrong initially, based on first few games, because he was good and then I was wrong again after changing my mind because he was rubbish. 
So .... I think if I change my mind again and say he ought be sacked, then I think that will make him good again. 
“Rooney is rubbish and should be sacked. No chance we’ll get a good result next week if he stays”

Bookmark it, and thank me next week.

?????

I was against Rooney being appointed, I'm no fan of how Mel has treated the fans and how he has got the club into this state and I am apprehensive of Alonso.

But, let's just be happy and enjoy the fact we finally have something to cheer.

Wolves very nearly dropped out of the championship, the next season they walked the division and are now an established premier league team.

You just never know what could happen next.

4 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Although it is time for Mel to go too. 

I don’t want alonso either. 

Also correct. Mel’s obsession with celebrity appointments has lead us here. That said, Alonso not the answer. 

We were two points from safety when Cocu was sacked. Two points. 

This management team has been nothing but a disaster, and a predictable one at that. Let’s be absolutely clear: we have stayed up not just because our lads finally stood up to be counted today, but because of a Cardiff City equaliser and Wednesday’s point deduction.

It is absolutely fantastic that we have managed it with a draw. I’m delighted. Relieved. So so happy for everyone at that club who will not lose their jobs. But next season we need a clean slate and a fresh start, and that means a new management team to take us forward. 

Guys, he's going nowhere.

We need to stop all this sacking him talk now and see what happens next season.

He will get his own coaching staff

He will start to play a certain way instead of game for game (he's already said this)

He needs backing from new owner and get his own squad.

I've not been happy with this season, but I think it's now time to calm down and see what next season brings.

If we are in the bottom half come xmas i'm sure he'll be gone.