El DerbyCo

roboto

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Last we heard he was brought to the club on a sponsorship deal funded by 32Red. It may have changed, but I've heard nothing that says it has. I would not be surprised if Rooney got the gig because he was a cheap option, as we're not paying his wages. Genius if it works. 

So if we are not paying his wages is he employed by someone else?

40 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Question is who are the Daily Mail’s sources? This could be the American consortium stirring the pot trying to undermine his deal? That would be plausible if as believed Sam Rush is involved in that. Could be Gadsby for similar reasons? Hell it could even be Chansiri!!!

Im confident the EFL have got this and if he doesn’t pass the test then he doesn’t buy the club. IF that’s happens, then there can real serious questions about Mel’s intentions and judgement here, especially if the reports are correct there is a credible consortium in the background. 

Ask Wigan fans if we should trust the EFL test.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Last we heard he was brought to the club on a sponsorship deal funded by 32Red. It may have changed, but I've heard nothing that says it has. I would not be surprised if Rooney got the gig because he was a cheap option, as we're not paying his wages. Genius if it works. 

My theory is they paid if he played, we pay if he didn't, or at least a percentage. Wouldn't surprise me if at least a large portion of his wages were still being covered. Our sponsored manager.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We have always been the one tonpay him. However, our sponsorship income increased on the back of Rooney joining as a player. Who knows what, if anything, changed when he became manager.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Daily Mail suspects he has no money, Simon Jordan supposedly has it from good sources that the guy has significant funding. 

Impossible to know who to believe.

The specifics in the Daily Mail story this time around make it sound more believable than yesterday I guess.

You can make up a lie which is very specific - In fact common wisdom suggests that the more intricate and convenient the detail the more likely it's a lie

The Mail are more interested in selling newspapers / driving clickbait than they are reporting the truth - Jordan doesn't have that necessity

That said - I also don't know who to believe

The worst allegation people seem to be able to throw at Alonso seems to be that he's trying to re-finance the ground in order to buy players instead (take on the debt himself so the club has money for players) and then use Derby as a breeding / showcasing ground for talent he can sell on (the Brentford approach which so many seem to like) - He'd need us to stay in the championship at a minimum for that plan to work and (preferably for him) the Prem 

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So if we are not paying his wages is he employed by someone else?

I've no idea how the agreement works. I suspect we are financially supported by 32Red one way or another. But you'd be better off asking Wayne, not me. 

Okay, I don't know what to believe on the latest Erik Alonso story, but I do know one thing - he is right that the only thing the club should be concentrating on today is the game tomorrow. 

However, it totally suits the Daily Mail agenda to run as much poo on us as possible to try to derail the club further.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, I don't know what to believe on the latest Erik Alonso story, but I do know one thing - he is right that the only thing the club should be concentrating on today is the game tomorrow. 

However, it totally suits the Daily Mail agenda to run as much poo on us as possible to try to derail the club further.

Maybe the Daily Mail are in cahoots with the EFL to derail our hopes of survival (we’re quite capable of doing that without any outside influence) so, expect an announcement today that the EFL are charging us with something else/launching another investigation/have turned Alonso down.

P.s. Only kidding (I hope). I don’t really believe in conspiracy theories or think the whole world is determined to destroy Derby.

31 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ask Wigan fans if we should trust the EFL test.

There is a difference between the Wigan situation and ours... That is Trevor Birch who is now at the EFL and in charge of the test. 

Birch has facilitated quite a few successful takeovers of clubs Chelsea, Leeds and Swansea to name a few he is well versed in sorting out the good from the bad in these deals and is very meticulous. 

This is probably why it is taking sometime to approve or block the deal. I am not saying Birch could not get it wrong but his past history suggests he is a pretty good person to be judging this. 

Edited by Rambalin