El DerbyCo

roboto

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As football is largly a substitute for religion in the modern world, perhaps we should suggest some sort of eternal damnation for those who refuse it? "There sould shall be senteced to only watch re-run matches from the Paul Jewell era, forever hungering for the excitment of Nigel Clough but recieving only Paul Jewell and never Steve McClaren"

The Paul Jewel era games were better to watch than current Rooney/Cocu ones from this sesson.

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

Like Barca and Madrid then?

Would you allow the president to sign who he pleased, as long as he stood up the cash for transfer and wages personally?

Well those aren't the best examples admittedly. A shorter presidential term would be a defence against loons like Perez or Bartomeu however.

No, I definitely wouldn't want the president signing players, although they could limit the amount of money being paid. I would always favour the manager controlling the choice of transfer targets.

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

He wasn't a Rotherham fan he is  the local reporter covering the Sheffield and South Yorkshire clubs. 

The point he was making was that Rotherham are working to the limit of their capabilities has a club and playing staff, where has Derby and Wednesday have a far higher ceiling. 

He's right. They should do the honourable thing and taking a 5 goal pasting to shift the goal difference on the way down..  A space in this league is wasted on them. Chancers?

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I thought Mel was a successful businessman - surely, if there is any truth in these reports, he can see that this guy is not the person that he should sell the club to. 

I think part of the issue might be that "successful businessmen " could really just mean an inveterate equity gambler, one of whose bets massively paid off.

This is a ducking joke. Like, I can’t help but laugh at this point.

The guys a chancer, nothing’s added up from the start.

I mean don’t get me wrong, Chansiri’s a dodgy bloke, but not as dodgy as Alonso, and that takes some beating.

Ffs. Hopefully the EFL just fail him on the owner test and we can swiftly move on to our next option, which will probably fail again.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I thought Mel was a successful businessman - surely, if there is any truth in these reports, he can see that this guy is not the person that he should sell the club to. 

This smack bangs now that Morris will sell to anyone now to get out of funding the club anymore. He’s hoping to get the quickest deal done to walk away without being forced to put us in admin as I’m guessing that’s something he doesn’t want to do 

Smacks of desperation from MM, previously said would only sell to someone with the best interest in DCFC , just wants out and cannot afford to keep it going.COVID has killed it along with they money being paid to Rooney and years of misspending.Don’t want this deal to go through, another Wigan fiasco.